Why Jereymy Stephens is still in the UFC?

I’m sure he’ll be gone if he loses his next fight. But he always brings it and makes fights entertaining.

Dana kept burkman bc he fucked up Fitch. I have no proof other than he got resigned right after and went on a horrible skid and kept for so long. Also Dana hates Jon.
Also he fought a *caught* roided up Lombard on the first fight, I'd always been a bit conspiratorial like they knew he was juiced ala Vitor and it was just hush money, getting punched in the face hush money but nonetheless. I assume he got a new contract maybe after the KJ Noons win or something too. Burkman was like the striking Fitch during that 'run' so it's kinda ironic.

Oh please. Until just this last loss (which we all agree, he did not look great), everyone including TS knew why he was still in the UFC.

His prior losses include:
  • Katter (currently #5)
  • Rodriquez. Hey, after the controvercial ending, Yair beat him fair and square. (currently #3)
  • Zabit (unranked, but last beat #5 Katter)
  • Aldo (currently #5)
And before that he wrecked Choi and Emmett.

He is a hard out for anyone, and when he's not losing to to 5 opponents he can probabably still whoop the lower half of the division.

Last edited:
He is exciting, and they are just waiting for him to be completely harmless so they can set up to give Conor a win.

Michael Johnson is in a very similar position... I'd love to see the two of them fight and loser leaves town

In terms of booking he is perfect for establishing new stars. He is tough as nails, won't say no to a fight and you know it's not going to be boring. He's got just enough of a name with old fans and casuals that he may help elevate, even if slightly, the person who fights (and wins) against him. He effectively has operated as a gate keeper to the top 10, now with this string of losses perhaps he protects the top 15 from the shadows of the unranked.

He doesn't put on boring fights even if he loses. He may not win but the fans will always get a show. He can stay

He's a 145 Cerrone thats somehow even less dangerous than Father Donald.

Probably he is on that Jessica Eye iron clad contract

You need guys to lose, to fill prelims with, he comes to stand and trade, win or lose his fights are fan friendly, and probably isnt that expensive to keep around.

Decent gatekeeper. Best weigh in face offs in the game. Rarely in dull fights. Always willing to step up and probably fights cheap.

He's slipping though. His time in the UFC is quickly coming to an end.

I like that he's staying because opponents less polished in the stand up get clipped and when they do they tend to visibly recoil and cover up, if not crumble to the canvas.

I think Stephens is the Great Filter of 145. Who is smart and attentive enough to keep their hands up for 3 rounds and (usually) decision him?

1. He has KTFO power
2. He goes balls to the wall
3. He fights top competition consistently
4. Donald Cerrone -1 weight class

Back