Why Jereymy Stephens is still in the UFC?

0-5-1 in his last 6.

All time leaders in UFC L's with 18.
200.gif

7621-d.gif

Discuss

he had fights left on his deal so they let him finish them cause if they cut him the twitter mob would of been outraged.

If you attack your opponent at the weigh-ins for no reason, the fight gets cancelled because that attack results in an injury, and Uncle Dana blames Sean instead of you, you're in the UFC for life.

2fdjs6.gif

He told Joe lauzon he had to retire though. I remember joe talking about it how Dana said he'd give him 1 more and that's it.
Probably took me 5 minutes to stop staring at that AV of yours lol. Anyway, yeah, I thought I remember reading about how Dana was really wanting him to call it a career win or lose. I think Joe did say he might have one more fight left in him though after he smashed that guy, can't remember the name...

Probably Same reason Sam Alvey still around

Believe it or not he's already booked for his next fight (his last win was in 2018 and he haven't won any of his last 6 fights since)
Oh cmon. Alvey has never sniffed the top 10. Stephens has been in the top 10 and has only lost to other top 10 players since for fucking ever.

Beats Bermudez, loses to Holloway, beats Elkins, loses to Swanson, beats Barao, loses to Edgar, beats Emmett, loses to Aldo.

All the way back to 12 years ago, beats RDA, loses to Joe Lauzon.

Nothing remotely close to Sam Alvey.

Is this a group troll or something? Am I on candid camera???

im pretty sure Jeremy stephens would have spent life in jail in his home state if it wasn't for the help of the ufc. they have his back for one reason or another

Same way Michael Johnson is still on the roster.

He's an exciting fighter that usually knocks people dead.

Because the guys he loses to are all top guys, and he takes tough fights with little reward that not many other guys want like Gamrot.

This 100%. Not a big fan but he's fought everyone and always fights top'ish level guys even when he's on losing streaks. Guy fights a lot of killers.

Because he is undefeated at the weigh-ins

He’s fun to watch and doesn’t make huge money

Back