Why isn't jones as big as a star as he should be?

Cause Dana is marketing Rousey more.

You do have the power to not swallow what Dana is shovelling about Rousey. It blows me away the popularity she has, I have no idea why.

I think Jones has a real personality problem, people have become to not like him, even though he is a great fighter. The guy comes off like a douchebag in most cases, and originally (when he first started) he seemed like a pretty good guy. Some don't handle fame well at all.

Crashed his Bently and got a DUI days after saying the UFC would never have to worry about him doing something like that.

he has no charisma.

also comes off as a giant couche but not in a Chael heel type way

You do have the power to not swallow what Dana is shovelling about Rousey. It blows me away the popularity she has, I have no idea why.

How an attractive chick who is the best fighter of her gender in a sport of neckbeard viewers is popular baffles you?

He'll get there. Remember, Anderson didn't really become a star until after the Chael fight. I think Gus is Jones's "Chael". I expect Jones/Gus 2 to be a huge fight.

b/c he talks shit on twitter and then deletes his tweets.

Because he is a dumb athlete and lacks personality.

He tries to be humble but it just sounds arrogant and he can't help but sound arrogant whenever he tries to compliment someone.

I think Jones has a real personality problem, people have become to not like him, even though he is a great fighter. The guy comes off like a douchebag in most cases, and originally (when he first started) he seemed like a pretty good guy. Some don't handle fame well at all.

If both fighters continue winning in dominant fashion, I believe Rousey will become bigger than Jones.

Some will say it is due to marketing failure by the UFC, which may in part be true. Some will cry racism, which I doubt very much. America has long since shown they can love a black megastar. Just ask Jordan, or LeBron, or Mayweather.

Show a non-MMA fan Jones vs Shogun and Rousey vs Tate. They would easily agree that both are dominant performances, but the brutality of Jones' win will turn a lot of people off. We live in a society that has a philosophical blindspot when it comes to violence. A lot of people just do not know how to handle a good old-fashioned, honest, blue collar ass whooping.

Because people don't like a arrogant champ who is way bigger then 90 percent of his opponents.

He is big enough. MMA is not a world wide popular sport like soccer or basketball. He is achived what an MMA fighter can reach. for ex: own shoes from nike, commercials.

hahahahah..... yeah, ok, sure. I can see him being mentioned in the same sentence as GSP, Fedor and Anderson, but to say he has a stronger case? GTFO

His personality sucks. Its not just that he has a lot of haters, its that he doesnt really have that many people that love him. Sonnen and Rhonda have a ton of haters, but both of them have more marketable personalities that more people love than Jones.

Uhhh... GSP? I see GSP on non-UFC related billboards and commercials often, and he is generally considered to be the UFC's biggest mainstream star other than MAYBE Chuck (who is still doing commercials, too). Also, as far as mainstream star, Brock... without a doubt. Yes, mostly attributable to WWE, but still.

this
Who has a better resume then him out of those 3? and anderson is my favorite fighter but I believe jones is the Goat

The UFC does not want any single fighter to have a great deal of bargining power thus they promote the brand.[/QUOTE]

This exactly ^^^^^^^now / thread😁

Because Jon Jones has the charisma of an erection at a lesbian bar.

[QUOCharliebumfluff;95549605]Because people don't like a arrogant champ who is way bigger then 90 percent of his opponents.[/QUOTE]

Yet people cheer for Lebron lol

How an attractive chick who is the best fighter of her gender in a sport of neckbeard viewers is popular baffles you?

images

If both fighters continue winning in dominant fashion, I believe Rousey will become bigger than Jones.

Some will say it is due to marketing failure by the UFC, which may in part be true. Some will cry racism, which I doubt very much. America has long since shown they can love a black megastar. Just ask Jordan, or LeBron, or Mayweather.

Show a non-MMA fan Jones vs Shogun and Rousey vs Tate. They would easily agree that both are dominant performances, but the brutality of Jones' win will turn a lot of people off. We live in a society that has a philosophical blindspot when it comes to violence. A lot of people just do not know how to handle a good old-fashioned, honest, blue collar ass whooping.

this has to be the worst answer ever.

when you constantly try to fingerfuck people's eye sockets, then make a video about he knows he does it and how he doesn't really care. you're gonna make enemies, a LOT of them.

people don't like clowns and jones sure as hell acts like one.

Back