Why is Valentina and Nunes being praised for crushing weak competition???

Yes being unable to arm bar Dan Hardy is so fucking impressive and so is a shit ton of decision wins in title fights. I'm certain Khabib cries himself to sleep every night wishing he had tapped to strikes to some fuking t-rex arm BJJ midget.

Grease LITERALLY cherry picked Bisping and then QUIT.
Khabib only fought three decent people mate sit down yeah brudda.
All top 5 wws wipe the floor with Kebab mate.

Come on, she had to take a year off gaining weight for the 145 fight

The wait for that fight was not about putting on weight, and she walks around over 150. If she was putting on weight for that fight, it was to match Cyborg's size, not to be the average size 145er.

Just make them fight each other every card. I would allow it.

Nobody ever really had high expectations for WMMA, but tbf Nunes has fought every woman with name value. She even fought fucking Cyborg ffs.
Add in Holm, Rousey, Schevchenko, Tate, etc. She's cleaned house.
I could see more of an argument for Schevchenko, because her division was already barren when she got there. She had already proven herself as elite before that in the weightclass above tbf.

This is why I rate Joanna higher than both of them, she fought the best wmma fighters in the toughest division.

That doesn't make any sense. Nunes and Valentina also fought the toughest competition available to them (Holm, GDR, Cyborg, Rousey, etc) not to mention they already fought each other twice. Both fought at weight classes higher than their own (consistently, not a one-off thing like Joanna). You make it sound like they are duckers. You could possibly make the argument that Joanna faced harder opposition p4p, but you'd have to remember she almost always came up short always against truly high level competition.

That doesn't make any sense. Nunes and Valentina also fought the toughest competition available to them (Holm, GDR, Cyborg, Rousey, etc) not to mention they already fought each other twice. Both fought at weight classes higher than their own (consistently, not a one-off thing like Joanna). You make it sound like they are duckers. You could possibly make the argument that Joanna faced harder opposition p4p, but you'd have to remember she almost always came up short always against truly high level competition.

Nunes has about four legit opponents at 135 on her record (I don’t count Val because she’s really a 125er) Ronda, Holly, and GDR. Maybe Miesha too, though I’ve never rated her very highly. She’s got 1 win at 145 that’s legit over Cyborg. She also has four unavenged losses, but it’s not her fault those fighters can’t make it to title contention for a rematch.

Vals 125 record isn’t even worth going into, the only good fighters she’s fought at that weight that can’t make 115 are Liz, Eye and Jennifer Maia.

Joanna has a better resume at 115 than both girls do in their respective weight classes and it’s against tougher comp because there’s more legit talent at 115.

Nunes has crushed to best of the best. Not sure what you're talking about there. Shevchenko's division is definitely the weakest and shallowest in all of the ufc. But what can you do. She just shows up and whoops whoever they put in front of her.

Valentina having the same problem Anderson Silva had; So good there’s no one left & people say they only beat nobodies
Anderson had to fight some legit killers, the women, not so much.

Its comical how shallow wmma is, not enough women take up fighting to validate having it around.

Nunes has about four legit opponents at 135 on her record (I don’t count Val because she’s really a 125er) Ronda, Holly, and GDR. Maybe Miesha too, though I’ve never rated her very highly. She’s got 1 win at 145 that’s legit over Cyborg. She also has four unavenged losses, but it’s not her fault those fighters can’t make it to title contention for a rematch.

Vals 125 record isn’t even worth going into, the only good fighters she’s fought at that weight that can’t make 115 are Liz, Eye and Jennifer Maia.

Joanna has a better resume at 115 than both girls do in their respective weight classes and it’s against tougher comp because there’s more legit talent at 115.

Let's look at it objectively then, shall we?

Here are the five best wins (as in toughest opponents) for each of them:

Nunes - Holm, Rousey, Cyborg, Tate, Shevchenko x 2 (not sure why you wouldn't count that, she was a legit BW contender when they fought)
Valentina - Holm, Pena, Joanna, Andrade, Carmouche (or Eye).
Joanna - Esparza, Gadelha x2, Andrade, Kowalkiewicz, Torres.

I think Joanna is comparable but not "clearly above" Val and Nunes if you look at it objectively. By the way Joanna too has exactly "four unavenged losses" but you hold that against Nunes but not Joanna. Seems pretty biased.

Brah she's better then Khabib, she has more defences okay!!!

Defence number is ALL that matters, just ask Jones fans. That and all top 10's of all divisions are equal, so Anthony Smith is just as good as his equivalent rank at LW....
You are obsessed. You had to bring up Khabib when the thread had nothing to do with him at all.

Seek help.

Let's look at it objectively then, shall we?

Here are the five best wins (as in toughest opponents) for each of them:

Nunes - Holm, Rousey, Cyborg, Tate, Shevchenko x 2 (not sure why you wouldn't count that, she was a legit BW contender when they fought)
Valentina - Holm, Pena, Joanna, Andrade, Carmouche (or Eye).
Joanna - Esparza, Gadelha x2, Andrade, Kowalkiewicz, Torres.

I think Joanna is comparable but not "clearly above" Val and Nunes if you look at it objectively. By the way Joanna too has exactly "four unavenged losses" but you hold that against Nunes but not Joanna. Seems pretty biased.

I didn’t hold the unavenged losses against Nunes, just pointed out she had four and said it’s not her fault they can’t make it to title contention for a rematch. Same goes with Joanna, except she arguably beat Rose and Weili and could get those two rematches in the future.

Nunes two wins over Val are good wins, I just don’t count them because Val is really a 125er. If you look at Val’s 125 wins only, which is what we are doing, comparing records in each championship division, Joanna has fought way better comp.

Both of them are skilled but they are of course not remotely close to a decent male MMA fighter. Relative to their opponents they are incredibly good though. However, it’s a bit like people are getting brainwashed into thinking their accomplishments are greater than that of Khabib, GSP etcetera. WMMA is extremely weak, but both Nunes and Schevchenko should be praised for how good they compared to the rest, but it’s not comparable to men’s MMA.

I mean, they’re beating what’s available, not like they’re avoiding legit threats. They’re both just that far ahead of the competition. Kinda speaks to the state of 125-145 that most of the top contenders are considered cans though.
This is true. But they have fought a few tough girls. Both have beaten Holm. Nunes took out Cyborg, GDR, Tate, Anderson. Shev also beat JJ, and just smoked Andrade. So they are very good, it's just like you said, there just isn't that much and they have beaten all the serious contenders already. So, they should be praised for being waaaay above everyone else in their divisions. But they aren't ducking anyone and have already fought each other twice. Kayla is the one who needs to come to the UFC and stop crushing cans and fight Nunes. The girls she is beating wouldn't even beat Lauren Murphy.

it takes a real champ to be motivated for these no name contenders and crush them

just ask GSP what it was like when he overlooked serra
or rockhold when he overlooked bisping

being a champ is about learning to stay on top.

"We" didn't harp on Mighty Mouse. You may have but us who aren't Dana's buttbuddies knew better.

WMMA will never be as deep as men's. That's just the reality of the situation. It still takes skill and hard work to do what they do consistently.

When Mighty Mouse refused to move up we harped on him until Dana traded him for Askren, but Val and Nunes can seemingly continue to bash weak competition without any backlash in main event spots. Get them outta here!!! Nobody wanna watch a fight we know the answer to. Bring in Atomweight or something, get rid of Women’s 145 and make Val and Nunes fight each other again.

Oh and bring back Cybrog for a Nunes rematch since other than Val it’s the only interesting fight for her.
Honestly at this point does WMMA even still make sense? 3 good fighters the rest all soccer moms.

Shevchenko is better than mighty mouse in every way
This.
Valentina has 2-5 years worth of defences ahead of her if she can stave off boredom. There's no one even close to her besides Nunes in the two divisions surrounding her.

I didn’t hold the unavenged losses against Nunes, just pointed out she had four and said it’s not her fault they can’t make it to title contention for a rematch. Same goes with Joanna, except she arguably beat Rose and Weili and could get those two rematches in the future.

Nunes two wins over Val are good wins, I just don’t count them because Val is really a 125er. If you look at Val’s 125 wins only, which is what we are doing, comparing records in each championship division, Joanna has fought way better comp.

Joanna didn't "arguably beat Rose" any more than Valentina "arguably" beat Nunes. It's a moot point.

The argument that Valentina is a 125-er is also moot because then you can say that a lot of Joanna's opponent were really atomweights (Penne, Waterson, Torres) if that division existed in the UFC.

If you compare only Valentina's time at 125 (i.e. ignoring her BW run) vs Joanna at 115 then yes, I agree with you that Joanna has faced tougher competition, but if you look through narrow lenses you won't get the full picture.

Back