Why is Valentina and Nunes being praised for crushing weak competition???

This is why I rate Joanna higher than both of them, she fought the best wmma fighters in the toughest division.
Actually good point. I think whoever is the best fighter in that division is the best WMMA fighter probably. The only good WMMA division
Yes being unable to arm bar Dan Hardy is so fucking impressive and so is a shit ton of decision wins in title fights. I'm certain Khabib cries himself to sleep every night wishing he had tapped to strikes to some fuking t-rex arm BJJ midget.

Grease LITERALLY cherry picked Bisping and then QUIT.
Cry more about it. History is going to be kinder to GSP than Khabib. Khabib quit fighting before he could even begin doing what GSP has done.

How exactly can you complain about Valentina? Sure she made this woman tonight look like shit, but she's just that good. The woman she faced was a former champion in another organization. In her last fight, we saw her destroy Andrade. We all saw how Andrade destroyed someone not named Rose, Weili, or Valentina.

This is why I rate Joanna higher than both of them, she fought the best wmma fighters in the toughest division.

Rose is definitely above Joanna. She has actually beat basically all of the top fighters in that division, unlike Joanna who is 0-3 against the champ & #1 contender.

Nunes beat
Cyborg
Rousey
Valentina
GDR
Holm
Tate

…hardly soccer moms. These wmma fighters were/are the best the world had to offer, some being life long martial artists. Nunes isn’t crushing cans. She’s crushing the can crushers.

You can't blame champions for being dominant and so much better than their competition. If they were cherry-picking easier opponents and avoiding contenders yes, but that's not the case here.

Lol Nunes has been crushing cans at featherweight for two years (remove cyborg) and she was being put in danger by GDR until she took her to the ground, the only times she faces competitions like with Valentina it becomes competitive (Val arguably won the 2nd fight). Winning a split decision against Val when you are supposed to be "THE GOAT" doesnt look so good in the end.

Nunes last win was a girl who is not even in the UFC anymore and had no business sharing a cage with her. I like Nunes but her level of competition at 145 is pretty bad too. Unlike Val who just never breaks a sweat and makes it look so easy. You can talk about her level of competition but I would say even Murphy was more deserving of a title shot than freaking Megan Anderson.

How exactly can you complain about Valentina? Sure she made this woman tonight look like shit, but she's just that good. The woman she faced was a former champion in another organization. In her last fight, we saw her destroy Andrade. We all saw how Andrade destroyed someone not named Rose, Weili, or Valentina.

Rose is definitely above Joanna. She has actually beat basically all of the top fighters in that division, unlike Joanna who is 0-3 against the champ & #1 contender.

Nah, Rose has a loss to Esparza and Andrade (should have been two losses but she got lucky the rematch was only three rounds) whereas Joanna handled both of them. She also arguably beat Rose in the rematch.

Cause they are the top girls in very shitty divisions. What do you want them to say oh it’s just another mismatch tonight as always

They kinda did say that multiple times in the broadcast

Because you can still discern the skill level. Valentina beat Holly and Joanna handily, and she totally spanked Andrade. I wouldn't consider any of them weak. Not going to even write down Nunes's list.

Who do you want them to fight? Who is left? You just think they are cans cause WMMA is in it’s infancy and doesn’t have a deep talent pool.

some things women are just not good at. Like fighting and comedy or being a plummer. There will always be like 2 out of the population.

When Mighty Mouse refused to move up we harped on him until Dana traded him for Askren, but Val and Nunes can seemingly continue to bash weak competition without any backlash in main event spots. Get them outta here!!! Nobody wanna watch a fight we know the answer to. Bring in Atomweight or something, get rid of Women’s 145 and make Val and Nunes fight each other again.

Oh and bring back Cybrog for a Nunes rematch since other than Val it’s the only interesting fight for her.

Lack of depth.

Gotta get ta 30-0 somehow...

the-rock-eyeroll.gif

Nunes beat
Cyborg
Rousey
Valentina
GDR
Holm
Tate

…hardly soccer moms. These wmma fighters were/are the best the world had to offer, some being life long martial artists. Nunes isn’t crushing cans. She’s crushing the can crushers.
I was going to say, Valentina and Nunes are the definition of GOAT, they are beating everybody who comes their way in their weight class I think they’re awesome to watch.

Nah, Rose has a loss to Esparza and Andrade (should have been two losses but she got lucky the rematch was only three rounds) whereas Joanna handled both of them. She also arguably beat Rose in the rematch.

Stop being delusional. Rose lost to Esparza in her 4th pro fight when she was 22, and don't let bias get involved. Rose dominated Andrade in their first fight, and just got KO'd in a weird way. Then she clearly won the second fight. Trying to speculate that Andrade would end up winning because Rose was more damaged is completely biased.

As far as Joanna goes, Rose clearly won both fights; and has beaten nearly every top contender. Whereas Joanna has lost to the top of the current division. Trying to deny those facts is just being biased. Joanna may have the win streak, but Rose has beaten much tougher competition.

Back