Why is Trump mocked for the Space Force?

Because it sounds stupid like 99% of what he says.

Star Fleet did communism right. We're not there yet.

I'm guessing you haven't seen Picard. Kind of seems like they're suggesting that the utopianism of the Federation was a lie and it turns out that the Federation was always on the verge of being as shitty as today ;)

I'm guessing you haven't seen Picard. Kind of seems like they're suggesting that the utopianism of the Federation was a lie and it turns out that the Federation was always on the verge of being as shitty as today ;)
Is that the show on CBS stream?

Well, shit.

So "great idea, wrong species" holds true even in the future? Damn.

because he proposed it .. if obama or a democrat president had come up with the idea they'd be trying to hand him some kind of award

Let me preface this by saying I'm not a Trump supporter and I think he's a ridiculous person.

That being said, people have been saying forever we need to look to the stars.

Now Trump makes it official declaration and is mocked.

I feel like it's just because it's Trump and another one of his "whacky ideas".

If Obama had proposed the Space Force, would reaction been different?

Liberals literally sided with MS 13 because Trump was against them. They’re fucking morons.

Let me preface this by saying I'm not a Trump supporter and I think he's a ridiculous person.

Because we don't have Starfleet Academy, the USS Enterprise, Transporters, Phasers or hot, green alien chicks yet:(

Last edited:
Space Force just seems like a silly name. However, I struggle to think of a better name.

They tried to laugh about the Godzilla defense force, but I'll tell ya, who' s laughing now?
Ef_gxmg.jpg

Space Force just seems like a silly name. However, I struggle to think of a better name.

I know, right?

"Space Force" does sound a little too blunt, that it ventures into TV parody territory, but it's literally what it is. What else do you call it? Did people scoff at "Air Force" for being a little too on the nose?

Why is it dumb to militarize space?

It's probably inevitable on a long enough time line. We got to space before we learned to co-exist, but now we've createsd a scenario where we are provoking the rest of the world to rise to our challenge and dial up their military efforts in space. Now we have conflict in the one remaining space that humans have ever existed in peace.

Which was going to eventually happen, but we just decided to make it happen now. It's like shoving your dad in a wood chipper because you know he's gonna die eventually, so why not get it done now and be the one to do it.

Your kids and your kids kids will have nuclear ordenance orbiting over their heads in ways that are impossible for us to really control. Killing people will become more sterile and inhuman. Less capable and responsible parties will effort to take part and make mistakes. We are courting death on a global scale. And for what? The same scientific breakthroughs we'd make if we just funded research as well as we do the military?

What do you mean it applies to the right? Does the right also have an anti-Trump ideology?
Trump has Space Force and the left whines all day about it.

Obama had his Climate Force and the right whined all day about it. In fact, they still whine about anything Obama and he hasn't been President for years now. Even before Obama showed up again to hype Biden, the right whined about Obama and the crazy part is that their head cheerleader is the current POTUS.

I think Space Force sounds ridiculous to most people because there is as of yet no real projection of force into space, but the name itself is very plain and straightforward.

Had Trump been involved in the name we'd be dealing with something much more over the top like Extra-Planetary Ass-Kicking Squad.

I think Space Force sounds ridiculous to most people because there is as of yet no real projection of force into space, but the name itself is very plain and straightforward.

Had Trump been involved in the name we'd be dealing with something much more over the top like Extra-Planetary Ass-Kicking Squad.

He should have gone with Galactic Empire.

Because the only consistent political position held by the modern Left is opposition to Trump.
This is word for word accurate. No need for more words or less words. It sums up everything that is important in the last four years with no extra frills.

Whats wrong with EPAKS?

Do you think Trump came up with the space force? Or do you think it’s more likely he heard someone say it and decided to take the idea as his own? Further, do you think Trump has any clue what he is talking about when it comes to a space force?

Im thinking that most people dismiss any ideas by Trump because he simply repeats crap he hears. He hasn’t done the homework on what it take for a true space force to be implemented. The guy is an absolute idiot. People took ideas by Obama seriously and nobody takes Trump seriously

It's probably inevitable on a long enough time line. We got to space before we learned to co-exist, but now we've createsd a scenario where we are provoking the rest of the world to rise to our challenge and dial up their military efforts in space. Now we have conflict in the one remaining space that humans have ever existed in peace.

Which was going to eventually happen, but we just decided to make it happen now. It's like shoving your dad in a wood chipper because you know he's gonna die eventually, so why not get it done now and be the one to do it.

Your kids and your kids kids will have nuclear ordenance orbiting over their heads in ways that are impossible for us to really control. Killing people will become more sterile and inhuman. Less capable and responsible parties will effort to take part and make mistakes. We are courting death on a global scale. And for what? The same scientific breakthroughs we'd make if we just funded research as well as we do the military?

So... America created a scenario where it is "provoking the rest of the world to rise to our challenge and dial up their military efforts in space." You make it sound like the other nations (I'm not American, so I speak as an outsider) are passive actors which are only responding to American activity in space, and America is some sort of grain of sand in the oyster that is the cause of the militarization of space. Are you suggesting that if America just gave up on militarizing space, other nations would just stop as well?

The media reaction would obviously be different, considering most of the MSM tried to paint everything Obama did in a good light, and everything Trump does in a bad light. I've seen a lot of jokes about Trump and Space Force, but most people seem to understand the idea and support it, regardless. It's not like Trump came up with it on his own. He just backed the side calling for the creation of a new branch of the military, independent of the Air Force.

Back