Crime Why is the term "Illegal immigrant" or "illegals" no longer appropriate? (vs "undocumented worker)

Is Illegal immigrant or "illegal" derogatory or offensive?

• Yes

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • No

Votes: 109 92.4%
  • I mean...kind of?

Votes: 2 1.7%

• Total voters

William Munny

My Pronouns: Fuck/You
Banned
Reaction score
I was having a conversation with a DEI group at work. The topic was immigration, foreigners, etc. long story short, one of the persons in our meeting were discussing the problem at the border and believed that those attempting to immigrant to this country legally should be granted preference.

he said, "...Well...I don't think Illegal immigrants should take greater priority over those who attempt to enter here legally..."

the Teams chat went silent. The moderator of our meeting even said, "the non derogatory term we use is "undocumented worker."

Here is my question, why is the term "illegal immigrant" or "illegals" offensive? If someone is here illegally, are they not "illegal immigrants?"

Is it dehumanizing?
does it "other" them?

I was having a conversation with a DEI group at work. The topic was immigration, foreigners, etc. long story short, one of the persons in our meeting were discussing the problem at the border and believed that those attempting to immigrant to this country legally should be granted preference.

he said, "...Well...I don't think Illegal immigrants should take greater priority over those who attempt to enter here legally..."

the Teams chat went silent. The moderator of our meeting even said, "the non derogatory term we use is "undocumented worker."
I have a sneaking suspicion that none of this actually happened.

Here is my question, why is the term "illegal immigrant" or "illegals" offensive? If someone is here illegally, are they not "illegal immigrants?"

Is it dehumanizing?
does it "other" them?

They're immigrants and in the country illegally. Hence the term "illegal immigrants."

5t7qzt.jpg

So, your company is paying for DEI education and you were in a meeting with them, then, they corrected you. instead of asking THEM what you did wrong you come here?

I'm asking, what you guys think...

no one corrected me. I was just relaying a convo/meeting I had.

Uhm, better question is why do you think your random conversation represents the position of the entire nation.

I was talking with a person today at court and he/she said that they only fart in the garage.

When did farting in the garage become the only way to fart? <Lmaoo>

You people are absurd with these threads.

Uhm, better question is why do you think your random conversation represents the position of the entire nation.

I was talking with a person today at court and he/she said that they only fart in the garage.

When did farting in the garage become the only way to fart? <Lmaoo>

You people are absurd with these threads.

then fuck off.

There's something weird suspect about the way you're presenting this conversation, but obviously they are illegal immigrants. A nation is not a nation if it can't control its borders.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back