Why is Ortega an underdog to Zabit?

Ortega is coming off a fight where he got thumped.

Zambit is coming off a win, while on a streak and has plenty of hype behind him.

Makes sense. Is that the opening lines?

I can see Ortega strangling him or Zambit winning a decision.

Thought this would be obvious to T.S but essentially this...you dont get pummeled and open as a favorite in your next fight agaisnt a streaking fighter

I do not see Zabit as a -205 favorite. If I were still betting on MMA I would bet on Ortega.

Zabit's been fighting physically averaged sized 145ers consistently. Not bouncing around with sizing matchups.

It's kind of like when Ortega was the favorite coming into the Holloway fight. Didn't make sense in terms of accomplishments + skills but other circumstances like Holloway being inactive and injured swayed the bettors. Ortega should be the favorite here but he could very well lose.

Ortega has been losing every fight he's had in the ufc until he got the finish?
If i remember correctly? Except Max of course.

You think Zabit has better boxing? I don't agree with that... Plus Ortega has a better gas tank
Where has Ortega proven his boxing. The Frankie fight is not a good example if you're counting that. Every other fight he loses the standup before securing a sub. Much like Max, Zabit keeps Ortega at bay. I don't see him finishing, but taking three unanimous rounds. Ortega is not a good striker from the outside. He needs to bully his way in and attack the body and go for body lock and muscle Zabit to the ground.

Zabits striking is leaps and bounds beyond anything ortegas got.

Zabits ground game has looked as if it is on par or better than ortega.

There is seriously very little Ortega can do to win this fight imo.

Where has Ortega proven his boxing. The Frankie fight is not a good example if you're counting that. Every other fight he loses the standup before securing a sub. Much like Max, Zabit keeps Ortega at bay. I don't see him finishing, but taking three unanimous rounds. Ortega is not a good striker from the outside. He needs to bully his way in and attack the body and go for body lock and muscle Zabit to the ground.

He proved it with Cub and Moicano

He proved it with Cub and Moicano
Cub's 5'7" and likes to brawl as well. Doesn't fight from the outside like Zabit, who is 6'1". Moicano while taller has very rudimentary striking. Uses it mainly to get the fight to the ground. I'm not saying it's impossible for Ortega to win, just that Zabit has more ways to get there.

not exactly sure, but we may see another hype train derailed in ortega. i know it was kind of derailed against holloway. but now it's really going to come off the tracks. i just don't see ortega winning.

Cub's 5'7" and likes to brawl as well. Doesn't fight from the outside like Zabit, who is 6'1". Moicano while taller has very rudimentary striking. Uses it mainly to get the fight to the ground. I'm not saying it's impossible for Ortega to win, just that Zabit has more ways to get there.

Cub is a different style of striker but he does have good boxing and Brian did grrat against him. As for Moicano I really don't see him as someone who uses his striking to get it to mat. He is a stand up fighter his main weapon is his boxing and foot work. Ortega went toe to toe with him boxing... And won the fight.

Zabit beat Stephens but a lot of people beat Stephes.

Because Ortgega just had a decade beat out of him.

But yeah I’d say pick em, Zabit has looked great but LiL Heathen was right there bringing it at him

Ortega is the less technical striker and doesn't have the wrestling to take it to the ground. I'm expecting the fight to remain on the feet with Ortega getting outpointed for three rounds. If it was a 5 round fight I think he'd have more of a chance.

Ortega has been losing every fight he's had in the ufc until he got the finish?
If i remember correctly? Except Max of course.
You do remember correct with the exception of the Frankie fight where not much really happened either way until the KO.

Jeremy had him figured out by the end of round 3, plus Ortega can be aggressive with his striking because if Zabit takes him down it's what Ortega wants. Zabit will have to stand and Ortega can throw wild
Ortega doesn't have the power of Jeremy.. Zabit will pick him apart in a three rounder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back