Why is Ortega an underdog to Zabit?

It's pretty even IMO in terms of skill. Although I just checked the odds and its -190 vs +160. I can see why the oddsmaker have this.
I can see Zabit coasting to a victory or Ortega snatching a sub off a scramble. I don't know Zabit's TDD well but he works off the clinch in terms of takedowns. I don't believe Zabit will finish Ortega

If Zabit gets a finish it would have to be a sub, I don't think he has the power in his hands to finish, and I think if it gets to the mat or a scramble Ortega comes out better.

People seem to be forgetting how hyped Ortega was before the Max fight, he was the better favourite even. That loss seems to have wiped some people memories. Ortaga knocked Edgar out 2 fights ago, he is dangerous everywhere and resilient as they come.

does everyone forget Ortega was basically losing to CLAY GUIDA before he hit him with the knee?

Ortega isn't that good at striking and Zabit is. all Zabit needs to do is prevent the clinch and not slip on a banana peel and he should cruise to a decision via Holloway type beatdown.

All he gas to do is not be tired for the first time in his ufc career in the 3rd round where Ortega is going to pressure and crowd him ans wear on him.

Because Ortega is a punching bag who wont be able to get the fight where he wants it. Easy win for Zabit.

From what I've heard, almost all of his fights in the UFC, he was losing before suddenly getting a finish. He's clearly a skilled finisher, but that's not exactly a dominant performance.

All he gas to do is not be tired for the first time in his ufc career in the 3rd round where Ortega is going to pressure and crowd him ans wear on him.

so Ortega is going to hope he can finish Zabit in 5 minutes?

doesn't seem like a great strategy, but maybe it can work.

so Ortega is going to hope he can finish Zabit in 5 minutes?

doesn't seem like a great strategy, but maybe it can work.

Cute way to word that. Too bad the fight isnt only 10 minutes or Zabit fans would be frantically convincing everyone he is goat.

Zabit has slowed down in the 3rd everytime he has been there and he uses grappling as a break often. A tired Zabit initiating a grappling exchange with Ortega is a very likely scenario based off the way they both fight.

My money says Ortega subs Zabit if that does happen. Watch them fight some time they are both very entertaining fighters.

If Ortega stops fucking around and takes this to the ground he subs Zabit I.M.O.

Cute way to word that. Too bad the fight isnt only 10 minutes or Zabit fans would be frantically convincing everyone he is goat.

Zabit has slowed down in the 3rd everytime he has been there and he uses grappling as a break often. A tired Zabit initiating a grappling exchange with Ortega is a very likely scenario based off the way they both fight.

My money says Ortega subs Zabit if that does happen. Watch them fight some time they are both very entertaining fighters.

betting on finishing a guy who has never been finished in 5 minutes is quite a bet there.

i watched both of them fight, that's why i said maybe it can work, but it's not exactly an intelligent way to fight now is it?

and just as likely to happen is my scenario where he beats the breaks off of Ortega for 10 minutes, gasses, and then basically just runs from Ortega for 5 minutes.

i think it's much easier to run when you're tired than to finish somebody who knows what you want to do in just 5 minutes.

acting like your scenario is anymore likely than mine is disingenuous. you can disagree without being a condescending cunt.

Jeremy had him figured out by the end of round 3, plus Ortega can be aggressive with his striking because if Zabit takes him down it's what Ortega wants. Zabit will have to stand and Ortega can throw wild
Jeremy had nothing figured out ever, and yeah I’m sure the guy who’s pulled off the first ever banana split submission seen in the UFC, has no chance with Ortega on the ground..

They better be getting Ortega some time with wrestling, kid's got mad potential if he would just train some wrestling. Sick of these jiu jitsu guys with no ability to take someone down.

IM it really Loy a fun a of eight other fans gayer.

tenor.gif

Damn this is bad. I like both guys but not sure who needs it more.

T-City already got his shot but he should still be in the mix, but Zabit shouldn’t get killed off yet either. Just bad match making.

Should be a good fight though...

Betting lines are influenced by who they think people will bet on. They just want even action.

Back