Why is no one interested in seeing Silva Belfort 2?

Didn't read but after how idiotically Vitor got knocked out last time I'm not really interested in the rematch.

This, honestly. Anderson slipped his punches with ease. Vitor's best offense was taking Anderson down off a head kick attempt, and Anderson was back to his feet before Vitor knew what happened.

To those who said they'd be interested in knowing if Anderson could take Vitor's shots, it wouldn't matter, because Vitor can't hit Anderson. His straight forward boxing approach is easy for Anderson.

Vitor's biggest threat against Anderson would be his old aggression, which he seems to have lost. He fancies himself a counter striker now.

Maybe Vitor would be demolished if he was aggressive, but it's his only way to win that fight. If he's passive, and tries to counter Anderson, he just gets knocked out in brilliant fashion.

I don't want to see Vitor fight Anderson again because it ends the same. Maybe not the same front kick, but it ends with Vitor looking at the sky wondering what hit him.

I'm interested in seeing it, if Vitor didn't get KO'd he would have won.

I"m totally down for it, and believe that he's one of the few who can challenge him and have success - given a second chance, lol.

Vitor is a great striker, but he, just like everyone else, simple isn't on Silva's level. Silva lives in the matrix. He doesn't just beat people. He doesn't even just out-class them. He just frustrates them and then, when they don't understand what's going on, he removes their soul, and adds it to his collection. He breaks world-class fighters. Vitor was dropped with an epic front-kick. To be honest, I could see Silva pull the same finish on him, just to prove he can.

I'm a fan of Silva but Lombard will knock him out.

After Belfort's performance in the Jones fight? Not as much...

because nothing happened the whole fight until Silva kicked his head into the stands.

This, honestly. Anderson slipped his punches with ease. Vitor's best offense was taking Anderson down off a head kick attempt, and Anderson was back to his feet before Vitor knew what happened.

To those who said they'd be interested in knowing if Anderson could take Vitor's shots, it wouldn't matter, because Vitor can't hit Anderson. His straight forward boxing approach is easy for Anderson.

Vitor's biggest threat against Anderson would be his old aggression, which he seems to have lost. He fancies himself a counter striker now.

Maybe Vitor would be demolished if he was aggressive, but it's his only way to win that fight. If he's passive, and tries to counter Anderson, he just gets knocked out in brilliant fashion.

I don't want to see Vitor fight Anderson again because it ends the same. Maybe not the same front kick, but it ends with Vitor looking at the sky wondering what hit him.
it will be a freak show again due to mental gap.
vitor will have another highlight reel he will regret .

I want it and hope it does happen, I think Vitor could pull it off if he's careful.

To be honest, I wouldnt mind seeing it but I dont think it would go much differently. From what I saw, Vitor didnt have anything for Silva on the feet. He looked a little timid, granted he was probably just trying to be careful and I dont blame him but he also got all of his punches dodged and kicked in the face out of nowhere. Silva had his hands down, Silva looked like his comfortable old self, Silva looked very confident and I think that says a lot when standing up with Vitor.

I just honestly dont see anybody taking Silva on the feet, he's on another level when it comes to MMA striking and thats pretty much Vitor's bread and butter.

Also that knock out had to mess with Vitor's head a little, he was never KO'd like that before and then bam out of nowhere with a brutal front kick that he didnt see coming, if they did fight again I would think that wold mess with his confidence at least a little bit.

i hope bisping wins, but if Vitor does, he should get another shot imo

It's not that in not interested, but that there are a few MWs who haven't had their chance to get beaten by Anderson. I think the Bisping fight would be a total waste of time, and I'd give him a 1/1000 chance that Anderson pulls or tears something in the opening few seconds and is forced to retire, and a 999/1000 chance of suffering a brutal KO. But Weidman, Lombard and Belcher all bring something to give them a very slim chance.

If Vitor beats Bisping then wins against one more top five guy, I'll shut up, support the rematch and probably really enjoy watching it. I just think that there have been too many unjustified rematches lately, when there are first timers that should have their turn. Big Vitor fan though, I agree with many of your points, TS. Just imagine, if he'd finished that arm bar we'd be talking Anderson/Vitor at LHW right now for the belt!

After the fight vitor told rogan " he use to always kick my ass in training"

There were rumors of Anderson beating him up so bad in training vitor would cry.

easy fight for anderson

Didn't read but if they set it up it'd be interesting especially with all the bad blood around Andy and Vitor. The mask thing was pretty dope, hyped me up pretty good.

I would rather see vitor vs wanderlei instead. At least that fight will be a much closer contest. Anderson will clown vitor every time they meet because he can slip anything vitor throws. His only hope against jones was bjj and i really don't see anderson losing there either.

Because he got knocked out cold in the first round. It's almost the same why no matter how much the UFC tries to fan the flames of JDS vs. Cain 2, people are not as interested in that as well.

I think Vitor loses by decision if they fight again.

up until the ko front kick the first fight seemed like it was going to be terrible. literally they danced for three minutes then silva threw a kick and lights out. Great kick... but with two counter strikers and a potentially boring fight that everyone knows the eventual outcome of in terms of win loss why even make the fight?

Not the fight I watched.

At one point Vitor got Anderson down and tried to land some bombs but Silva moved his head and got back to his feet.

Then when Anderson dropped his hands like he does, Vitor rushed in throwing two or three heavy hands that Silva dodged.

Are you sure you watched the entire fight?

Back