Why is no one interested in seeing Silva Belfort 2?

Because it will end the same way, maybe not as quickly but it will end with Vitor getting (T)KO'd.

Its not that Im not interested at all.

But Im VERY interested in seeing Bisping beaten to death ''like a bum'' by Silva :icon_lol:

Because he was kicked in the face in the first round goddamn

I've been reading all this Silva-Bisping talk, and it's gotten me wondering why no one seems interested in seeing Silva-Belfort 2, cause honestly, it's the middleweight title fight that interests me the most. I think it's pretty much agreed that Belfort is the second best middle weight now that Weidman's out (in the last 5 years, Vitor has only lost to two guys who are both in the P4P top 3). He's a favorite in his fight against Bisping, and I think would be against just about any Middleweight except maybe Weidman (who's hurt anyway, but who didn't want to fight him in the first place and rejected his challenge). More importantly, he matches up way better with Anderson than most of the other top guys. Bisping's a very good fighter, but he's not really much of a finisher, he tends to be a guy who uses good technique to wear down opponents, and lacks the power to really blast them away. That style simple does not seem workable against Anderson, you just can't out technically strike him. Vitor, with his monster power, his speed, and his ability to end a fight quickly, strikes me as some one with a much better chance of taking down the champ. This was the prevailing wisdom a couple years ago when he and the Spider first fought, and I don't think anyone's opinion on either fighter has really changed much since then (unless watching Vitor lose to the monster that is JBJ somehow changed your opinion on him).

I get the issue, that the fight already happened, and Belfort lost. But he lost by the ultimate flash KO, he got put to sleep by a kick that had never been used to KO someone in the octagon before. It's not a fluke, but it's not something that's going to happen again, and if people are interested in seeing Cain JDS 2, or really any redo of a flash KO, then I can't understand why they wouldn't want to watch this fight too. If everyone thought it was going to be the fight of the century a couple years ago, I just don't see why there should be such a total lack of interest now. So if Vitor devours Bisping like a lot of us think he will, why not set up Silva Bisping 2. It strikes me as a way better fight than Silva Rockhold, Belcher, Boetsch, or whatever the else the UFC will be able to put together while Weidman heals (all assuming, of course, that Jones Silva proves unmakeable).

I agree with you.
Most retards who claim Junior's win was a fluke looks at Silva & Vitor and say: "this fight already happened and Vitor lost decisively"... :eek:

This fight is the most intriguing IMO. Vitor is a top 3 and a win over Bisping should put him at a second title shot.

There's a reason people were calling this fight the fight of the century in Brazil.

I think there is a lot of interest in that fight. I would certainly be interested in seeing it again. I would also like to see Silva vs Bisping... but that is only to see Bisping get demolished.

this fight was somewhat similar to dos santos/velasquez 1, in that both fights ended early, and with one strike. in other words: you didn't really get a chance to see a, "complete" fight, for lack of a better term.

i would love to see silva/belfort again. belfort has dynamite in his hands, and he is still very fast in the stand-up.

though i don't think that anderson would sign for it. i think he understands how dangerous belfort is.

Spider will easily win again, I prefer SIlva vs. Jones and Wand vs. Belfort 2

Not many people are interested in Silva vs. Belfort II because Silva stopped Belfort easily in the first fight although a second fight between them would more than likely be very different.

I would look forward to it if it did happen and I would think it would be a lot more competitive than their first fight.

I think it will happen. If anderson signs a 10 fight contract it definitely will. The main reason it will is that no one else is going to beat Belfort at MW. No One.

I think the winner between Belfort and Bisping should get the fight with Anderson. I think Belfort deserves a rematch. He was very close to defeating Jon Jones and he had only less than 4 weeks to prepare for the fight plus he also fought injured and still came close to beating Jones. So why wouldn't anyone want to see the rematch. Everyone knows that Anderson doesn't want the fight. He wants to pick and choose the fights that has the best chance of winning.

I think that Vitor would beat Anderson in a rematch and that it is a joke that the UFC won't make this fight if Vitor beat Bisping. HOw can anyone call Anderson the best mma fighter ever if he doen't fight the best. Manny Pacquiao fought his toughest oponnent 4 times because that what real fighters do. I'm starting to question if Anderson is a real fighter.

Tl;dr

Nobody is opposed to it, it just doesn't make sense at this point.

I think if you work ur way back up into contention again, you should get the title shot regardless of your past result against the champ. With that, and as much as I like Vitor, I'd like to see him solidify his contender status by beating not only Bisping but then face maybe Weidman, Lombard or a Boestch.

I think the winner between Belfort and Bisping should get the fight with Anderson. I think Belfort deserves a rematch. He was very close to defeating Jon Jones and he had only less than 4 weeks to prepare for the fight plus he also fought injured and still came close to beating Jones. So why wouldn't anyone want to see the rematch. Everyone knows that Anderson doesn't want the fight. He wants to pick and choose the fights that has the best chance of winning.

I think that Vitor would beat Anderson in a rematch and that it is a joke that the UFC won't make this fight if Vitor beat Bisping. HOw can anyone call Anderson the best mma fighter ever if he doen't fight the best. Manny Pacquiao fought his toughest oponnent 4 times because that what real fighters do. I'm starting to question if Anderson is a real fighter.

Lol Anderson doesn't want rematch against Vitor? You do know that he KTFO'd Vitor in their first bout right? It's like saying JDS is scared of Cain...

And no Vitor doesn't deserve a shot even if he beats Bisping, I could see the fight happening but deserve is a strong word. The guy fights once a year at 85 meanwhile there are dudes busting their ass to get a shot at Anderson. I'll watch any AS fight but to say Vitor deserves his shot is laughable.

Sherdog sometimes i tell ya smh.

not going to read all that, but I'm down for the rematch.
I would rather see rematches with Vitor or Franklin than see Bisping or Weidman get smashed for the first time.

What?? You wanna see Silva vs Franklin III after what Cung just did to Rich?

Was expecting to see the GIF of Vitor sucking on toes within the first couple responses. I am relieved.

Ehh why not, there's no chance he'll get knock out like that again....OR will he?!?!

Back