Why is Nick Diaz considered a money fight?

UFC 183 did 600,000+ buys. That's about as many as 198 and 199 combined. He's a draw.

Woodley calling out Diaz is the easiest fight for the most amount of money. Last win was BJ Penn lol.

His last win was condit

Enough people like him and rally behind him, so he's a big draw and therefore a money fight. Also, his press conferences are usually pretty good and help hype his fights.

Even CM Punk is kind of a money fight because he'll make $ and even if Gall doesn't get paid much (idk what he's supposed to get), it still has people talking about him and it's helping set him up to make $ down the road. And this is CM Punk: a guy with no fights but enough name recognition to have a Fight Finder page just for training.

UFC 183 did 600,000+ buys. That's about as many as 198 and 199 combined. He's a draw.

Woodley calling out Diaz is the easiest fight for the most amount of money. Last win was BJ Penn lol.

You dont think it was because of Anderson first fight coming back after the grusome leg injury? cmon dude. That was all Anderson Silva.

he hasnt fought in over a year, he hasnt won a fight since 2011, and yet the current welterweight champion just called him out for his first title defense.

that should tell you something about the popularity/drawing power of nick.

I think he's a great fighter and worthy of his praise but as far as the casuals go what is it about Nick that makes them buy? He doesn't come too heavy with the trash talk anymore, and when I speak to people about mma hardly anyone knows who he is.

I think he appeals to a wide array of people.

He's got the "gangsta/thug" persona, the pot-smoking persona, but deep-down he's a dedicated, skilled MMA practitioner.

Cause he's a jerk who fights. Hell, Conor took the same route to 'big money.'

Hes never been a draw, only his fans think so... The real reason why Woodley wants Nick because he think he can beat him and ufc 202 is going to do well because of Conor and champion gets ppv points.
The real truth. Look at all the women that want Honda back. Nick helps, but Conor is where it is at, unfortunately.

if they book this fight i will glady stream this event with a smile on my face. won't pay a penny for the ufc to shove a fighter who hasnt won since 2011 down my throat because "he's gangster yo"

Lol? He lost to gsp and Anderson so he's worth less? Nice standards...

If Diaz gets the Woodley fight, I'm protesting and blocking the roads.

Do peaceful protests exist anymore? You'll get tased and beaten so bad it could be life changing. and just wait until the cops show up.

He has already fought some of the biggest names in the sport (Anderson, GSP, & Penn) so people do know who he is......He's ALWAYS entertaining and almost impossible to KO/TKO. Add to that, his bro beat Conor....

Where I come from people like you get slapped

Diaz is a draw but I dont think hes the kinda draw that can draw a fight by himself against anyone like a GSP, Brock Lesnar, Ronda. I dont think fight with Diaz against someone uninteresting like Woodley is a money fight

He's worth atleast an extra 300,000 ppv buys. That's a lot chedda. 18 mil to be exact. Look at GSP and Silvas numbers against opponents not named Nick Diaz

Back