Media Why is Magomed Ankalaev not getting more attention?

Nemkov whoops him currently. Nemkov isn't getting choked out by Paul Craig.

This reminds me of when Roy Nelson beat Mir in a BJJ and a few years later fought him in a mma fight in the UFC and was completely dominated by Mir.
You act like he didn’t dominate Paul Craig that entire fight and wouldn’t whoop him 9 times out of 10 if they were to fight again. That was the only lapse in Ankalaev’s and there’s nothing to suggest Nemkov “whoops” him today. You’ll see how bad Ankalaev whoops on Krylov today

Guy has looked dominant every second in the ufc outside of 1, very technical, striking, grappling, good cardio. He’s by far the most well rounded LHW and has a dominant win over Vadim Nemkov in 2014, why is he so slept on for the LHW title picture?

View attachment 836648

According to coach Eric, him and Ngannou have been going to war in sparring
100% of the Sherdog staff picked him to win tonight. So, at least there's that.

Nemkov whoops him currently. Nemkov isn't getting choked out by Paul Craig.

This reminds me of when Roy Nelson beat Mir in a BJJ and a few years later fought him in a mma fight in the UFC and was completely dominated by Mir.

Like when Nemkov dominated Jiri and then quit after the first 10 minute round via being gassed or that split to Albrektsson, that wouldn't happen again. I could see Jiri beating him, but it wouldn't be in that fashion, nor would I pick him to, improvements have been made. It's quite similar to Mir gassing in that grappling match after dominating iirc.

As far as this thread goes, he gets enough attention, people have an eye on him, but few people besides yourself are saying he's by far the most well rounded LHW in the world...easy there flash.

Like when Nemkov dominated Jiri and then quit after the first 10 minute round via being gassed or that split to Albrektsson, that wouldn't happen again. I could see Jiri beating him, but it wouldn't be in that fashion, nor would I pick him to, improvements have been made. It's quite similar to Mir gassing in that grappling match after dominating iirc.

As far as this thread goes, he gets enough attention, people have an eye on him, but few people besides yourself are saying he's by far the most well rounded LHW in the world...easy there flash.
He didn’t lose via gassing to Ankalaev though, Ankalaev simply out classed him every aspect of mma... both have gotten better since but until Ankalaev fights the competition Nemkov has I can’t say what would happen in the fight

Fight style wise, he is fun to watch and very good. But he definitely needs to learn a little English to get more attention, he needed his translator for everything. It really makes a difference.

Because LHW is a dumpster fire and at an all time low in talent.

Jan is champ and Glover is the rightful #1 contender. Both fighters from an earlier generation who a few years ago never wouldn't thought to be in the positions they are currently in.

Gus could come back and legitimately be UFC LHW champ right now.
Gus is done ..... he hadn’t showed championship heart in years

Guy has looked dominant every second in the ufc outside of 1, very technical, striking, grappling, good cardio. He’s by far the most well rounded LHW and has a dominant win over Vadim Nemkov in 2014, why is he so slept on for the LHW title picture?

View attachment 836648

According to coach Eric, him and Ngannou have been going to war in sparring
TF is wrong with ngannou's right eye

Jan is champ and Glover is the rightful #1 contender. Both fighters from an earlier generation who a few years ago never wouldn't thought to be in the positions they are currently in.

Nah, Gus already got handled by Anthony Smith. His days are done.

So you don't believe in improvement? Jan is not the same fighter he was years ago.

He didn’t lose via gassing to Ankalaev though, Ankalaev simply out classed him every aspect of mma... both have gotten better since but until Ankalaev fights the competition Nemkov has I can’t say what would happen in the fight

I didn't say he did, I said improvements have been made which obviously doesn't mean only cardio, that was just an example of one aspect of improvement.

So you don't believe in improvement? Jan is not the same fighter he was years ago.

Exactly what I thought when I read that post. Dude is a totally different animal now.

hype on this guy is crazy he beaten vadim in 2014 that was 7 years ago figthers change i mean go beat up a legit top 10 before

Back