Media Why is Magomed Ankalaev not getting more attention?

Because LHW is a dumpster fire and at an all time low in talent.

Jan is champ and Glover is the rightful #1 contender. Both fighters from an earlier generation who a few years ago never wouldn't thought to be in the positions they are currently in.

Gus could come back and legitimately be UFC LHW champ right now.
prime gus sure today s gus yeah probabbly too that smith lose was a fluke

hype on this guy is crazy he beaten vadim in 2014 that was 7 years ago figthers change i mean go beat up a legit top 10 before
Hype on him is crazy? Lol wtf he’s on a 5 fight win streak at one of the most shallow divisions in the ufc, dominated every single second but one in the octagon and was the first guy to KO Cutelaba and almost nobody talks about him

Hype on him is crazy? Lol wtf he’s on a 5 fight win streak at one of the most shallow divisions in the ufc, dominated every single second but one in the octagon and was the first guy to KO Cutelaba and almost nobody talks about him
so Cutelaba is bum is easy to dominate when you face cans look at walker for example

I think he's an absolute monster and have been on his hype train for a while now. If he smashes an extremely tough fighter like Krylov tonight then it's time for a top 5 guy.

I'm convinced he's a future champion, he has everything.

So you don't believe in improvement? Jan is not the same fighter he was years ago.
The Jan of today would lose to the Jan of 5 years ago.

You're right he's not the same fighter he was years ago: he's worse.

Winning/Losing has nothing to do with a person's prime or peak form. I've been watching Jan for over a decade. He use to be way more mobile, he'd offensively grapple, he use to kick more too, he would win a fight many different ways. Now Jan is a purely boxing knock out guy. That's a regression in skills. Which is ok. They guy has been training in fighting for over 20 years and is almost 40. Decline happens in everyone.

Back