Why is it that...

Mikey Triangles

Bending Joints the Wrong Way Since 1985
@red
Reaction score
...every TMAtard that trained in more than one shitty martial art thinks they can open a school and call it "MMA"???? I'm fucking dumbfounded over this shit. some guy just opened up HALF A BLOCK up the road in between RedBoy and Kioto (which are only one block apart to begin with!) and the clown used to teach his own style of TMA of which he was the GM and claimed to be the only grandmaster of anything on long island (which isn't even true there's a BJJ GM right next to him now), but is now teaching MMA because he does Aikdo TKD, JJJ, and some other crap. lol, this shit is getting ridiculous.

If you've never competed in MMA, trained with anyone that has competed in MMA, or even trained in any styles remotely associated with MMA then pick a different name for your shitty school.

a lot of people misinterpret mixing martial arts to be the same as mixed martial arts.

just roll your eyes and go on, nothing else you can do.

a lot of people misinterpret mixing martial arts to be the same as mixed martial arts.

just roll your eyes and go on, nothing else you can do.

thats true for the average iiot you meet, but an experienced school owner knows exactly what he's doing. it's deliberate false advertising. I could understand if he did some boxing, or BJJ or something, but nothing of the sort is there.

I can't wait till my arm heals so i can go there for my free class :icon_twis

Why does every judo school think they can call their newaza "BJJ" without any legitimate BJJ lineage?

Every single moron on Long Island is trying to open an MMA gym in preparation for its legalization. This is why you have Aikido guys opening Xtreme Couture affiliates.

Aikido when done the way the grand masters teach it is far superior to bjj.

Kiai is good for only two things: breathing out and convincing judges that your waza-ari is actually an ippon.

You wouldnt understand it.....

You should train with a tru master

MAchida used Aikido versus Nakamura so Aikido>>>Judo

Why should it surprise anyone that a bunch of hucksters in a joke industry latch on to anything that's popular in an attempt to leach money?

With true MMA, BJJ and even Judo gaining more popularity it only makes cents (ahahhaha) to apply an MMA tag to your club to get money.

people always fear what they cant understand. i could rip out your clavicle in 1 second.

It won't last, as most of the people interested in learning "MMA" plan on competing someday.

Why does every judo school think they can call their newaza "BJJ" without any legitimate BJJ lineage?

?

Where are you seeing that? Lots of good Judo out where I am at. I have seen Judoka call their newaza JJJ or Imperial Japanese Ju Jutsu or a hundred other kinds of JJ but I haven't personally seen someone call it BJJ or GJJ.

i was beginning to think that. the first clue is when you see a new MMA guy the 3 things you want to knwo is how is his boxing? wrestling? and akido?

Back