Why is it that personal trainers stay in shape into old age, but ex-fighters don't?

Idiots

People hire trainers based on their knowledge and results.

Not all trainers are in good shape...FACT

Plus, some people just don't have the ****bolism or genetics to look like a model.

almost absolutely everyone has the genetics to look fit, provided they take care of themselves. Not necessarily MODEL shape, due to different bone structures and weight distribution. But definitely NOT obese.

But virtually no one has an excuse for having more than 15% body fat at any point in time, unless you have a preexisting condition that predisposes one to extra high levels of bodyfat (Which only happens to a real small handful of people, im talking way less than 1% here),

The rest of the people just aren't taking care of themselves or are miseducated about nutrition and exercises, or could care less, all i'm saying is do not dismiss yourself with an excuse, just admit that you have/had bad habits and accept it. And your Fedor arguments have no place here. He said himself that he likes to eat whatever he wants.

Genetics CAN be an excuse to an extent, but only for body shape and bone structure, it is RARELY almost never associated with excessive bodyfat.

Humans DO NOT naturally have EXCESSIVE bodyfat unnecessarily, bodyfat is a storage place for toxins, and it is a myth that bodyfat keeps you warm (IN HUMANS), it is a total farce. We just aren't built by nature to be FAT. It is a product of our lifestyles, not genetics.

Truth.

perosnal trainers have to look good for their clients.

ex-fighters are what they are because they no longer train.

I also think many ex-fighters are mma coaches, and when you coach mma every day, you do just enough to push your body, but never fully recover.

That's why you see so many veteran fighters and coaches (especially ones that never made it big) have fat deposits around their sides and stomachs.

Also, many of the folks I have known in MMA work two jobs to make ends meet, never really sleep well enough to repair, and it just goes on and on.

I'm training for an amateur fight this weekend and after getting the experience, I am considering backing away like another earlier poster mentioned. It takes a toll training every day.

almost absolutely everyone has the genetics to look fit, provided they take care of themselves. Not necessarily MODEL shape, due to different bone structures and weight distribution. But definitely NOT obese.

But virtually no one has an excuse for having more than 15% body fat at any point in time, unless you have a preexisting condition that predisposes one to extra high levels of bodyfat (Which only happens to a real small handful of people, im talking way less than 1% here),

The rest of the people just aren't taking care of themselves or are miseducated about nutrition and exercises, or could care less, all i'm saying is do not dismiss yourself with an excuse, just admit that you have/had bad habits and accept it. And your Fedor arguments have no place here. He said himself that he likes to eat whatever he wants.

Genetics CAN be an excuse to an extent, but only for body shape and bone structure, it is RARELY almost never associated with excessive bodyfat.

Humans DO NOT naturally have EXCESSIVE bodyfat unnecessarily, bodyfat is a storage place for toxins, and it is a myth that bodyfat keeps you warm (IN HUMANS), it is a total farce. We just aren't built by nature to be FAT. It is a product of our lifestyles, not genetics.

Truth.

Aww shit man. I bought this scale that measures body fat percentage and hydration. Man it says i'm like 20-23% BF. Thing is, I'm actually pretty damn lean and in very good shape.

I'm kind of skeptical on the BF thing now. If your hydration is messed up or don't time it properly with meals it screws the whole thing up.

Aww shit man. I bought this scale that measures body fat percentage and hydration. Man it says i'm like 20-23% BF. Thing is, I'm actually pretty damn lean and in very good shape.

I'm kind of skeptical on the BF thing now. If your hydration is messed up or don't time it properly with meals it screws the whole thing up.

Yup ive used the electrode things which u attach to your skin and when i was hydrated between the levels i was at 12%. Then when i tested myself a few weeks later i wasnt properly hydrated and it came out at 20%.

I think the best time is pre workout to test yourself since you should be hydrated to work to the best of your ablities and shouldnt have just eaten because your working out.

Even the condition which makes people have ****bolic rates like granite can be controlled. My old maths teacher use to suffer from it and was really fat, then he had help from the doctors and sorted his diet and lost a shit load of weight.

Back