Why is Greg Hardy where he is right now?

The fact that UFC is pushing Hardy because of the controversy he brings, it was something that everyone already knew, but you seem to think you figured out rocket science with this thread.

If you are gonna be captain obvious, at least support it with good examples. You gave McGregor vs. Mayweather as an example for a fight that went big because of controversy. What was the controversy in that fight or in the lead up?

Where exactly is he right now? This fight belonged in KOTC or some shit.

These Contender Series dudes are low level rookies, even lower quality than TUF washouts. Juan Adams got to the UFC after going only 3-0 and KOing some bum on the Contender Series. This show needs higher standards immediately LOL.

As for Greg Hardy - it's time to step up in competition. Nothing crazy but no more cans. The guy who beat Crowder would be a good test.
Shit really, made it to the UFC with only a 3-0 record?

That's fucked up but to be fair other cans have done it quicker, 1-0 Brock Leaner, 2-0 Cain Velasquez and 0-0 BJ Penn for example.

Unless you've been following the sport for a long time though you've probably never heard of these nobodies who where signed to the UFC after beating a nobody or 2 or, in Penn's case, coming from impressive wins in BJJ tournaments straight to debuting on the biggest stage for MMA.

Your too obvious. You are argumentative and trollish.

Very obvious.

Well then tell me what part of my argument you disagree with, instead of throwing meaningless labels at me.

Shit really, made it to the UFC with only a 3-0 record?

That's fucked up but to be fair other cans have done it quicker, 1-0 Brock Leaner, 2-0 Cain Velasquez and 0-0 BJ Penn for example.

Unless you've been following the sport for a long time though you've probably never heard of these nobodies who where signed to the UFC after beating a nobody or 2 or, in Penn's case, coming from impressive wins in BJJ tournaments straight to debuting on the biggest stage for MMA.

LOL what are you even trying to say? It's been done before in a few special cases therefore it's legit to bring in any slob with a few wins?

LOL what are you even trying to say? It's been done before in a few special cases therefore it's legit to bring in any slob with a few wins?
No, I was pointing out that it has been done many times and basing your opinion on something like that is foolish as all 3 of those examples went on to become UFC Champion. Weidman was a UFC champion with under 10 fights, Rousey as well and there are several other examples.

No, I was pointing out that it has been done many times and basing your opinion on something like that is foolish as all 3 of those examples went on to become UFC Champion. Weidman was a UFC champion with under 10 fights, Rousey as well and there are several other examples.
Yeah, all of the people you've mentioned were special cases in one way or another. Juan Adams was just a rookie with a few wins and no reason to believe he would be anything special when he was signed.

Yeah, all of the people you've mentioned were special cases in one way or another. Juan Adams was just a rookie with a few wins and no reason to believe he would be anything special when he was signed.
Lol, they are only special cases in hindsight, in a sport as young as MMA picking up fighter (especially HWs) based on one or two impressive performances combined with hearing good things about there potential from camps and other fighters is not at all uncommon.

Sometimes it pans out and sometimes it doesn't but "UFC level" isn't what you think it is and you never know who's going to go on to do big things despite less than impressive records before getting there.

Lol, they are only special cases in hindsight

Nope

Brock - famous, signed for his drawing power
Cain - unable to get fights outside the UFC
Penn - BJJ legend who made history
Wiedman - a natural who showed great skills early and was champion of a respectable promotion (yet still only got signed at the time because they needed an injury replacement)
Rousey - hardly anyone in WMMA had more than 10 fights at the time

Not sure why you're pushing this. Juan Adams low quality and it's visibly obvious.

Nope

Brock - famous, signed for his drawing power
Cain - unable to get fights outside the UFC
Penn - BJJ legend who made history
Wiedman - a natural who showed great skills early and was champion of a respectable promotion (yet still only got signed at the time because they needed an injury replacement)
Rousey - hardly anyone in WMMA had more than 10 fights at the time

Not sure why you're pushing this. Juan Adams low quality and it's visibly obvious.
Lol, well this is clearly a waste of time and I really don't care enough to provide more examples for you.

Cheers dude, believe whatever you want to believe.

Lol, well this is clearly a waste of time and I really don't care enough to provide more examples for you.

Cheers dude, believe whatever you want to believe.
<JonesLaugh>
Lol, the old 'I'm right but can't be bothered to prove it' cop-out

<JonesLaugh>
Lol, the old 'I'm right but can't be bothered to prove it' cop-out
Lol, I've already proven my point, you on the other hand have not but it's cute this was your take away from our conversation, haha.

Haha, don't forget to breathe.
Hahaha, another classic response popular among people with no real argument, or "copout" if you prefer, kind of embarrassing how long it took you to come up with that gem though no?

This shit doesn't bother me in the slightest dude, I find it amusing and this is how I relax before bed.

If you're getting emotionally invested or bothered by unknown people in a chat form you've already lost my friend, haha.

Hahaha, another classic response popular among people with no real argument, or "copout" if you prefer, kind of embarrassing how long it took you to come up with that gem though no?

This shit doesn't bother me in the slightest dude, I find it amusing and this is how I relax before bed.

If you're getting emotionally invested or bothered by unknown people in a chat form you've already lost my friend, haha.

First of all, I was afk when you replied and responded when I returned.

Secondly, I wasn't trying to bother you nor do I understand why you think I'm emotionally invested.

The bottom line is your argument has been to compare Juan freaking Adams to the likes of BJ Penn, Brock Lesnar, Cain Velasquez, etc and my argument has been that he's not comparable to them.

First of all, I was afk when you replied and responded when I returned.

Secondly, I wasn't trying to bother you nor do I understand why you think I'm emotionally invested.

The bottom line is your argument has been to compare Juan freaking Adams to the likes of BJ Penn, Brock Lesnar, Cain Velasquez, etc and my argument has been that he's not comparable to them.
"Don't forget to breath" is obviously an attempt to imply I'm responding emotionally and worked up by your responses but obviously you already know that and are just feigning ignorance at this point but whatever, its cool.

As far as the rest of it goes though I never disputed that and was simply pointing out judging someone based on there record outside the UFC is meaningless and guy's like Adams have only proven to be incomparable because time and hindsight have proven it to be so but at the time those guys were also gambles that could have gone the same way.

I think it's safe to say we are on the same page here now eh?

"Don't forget to breath" is obviously an attempt to imply I'm responding emotionally and worked up by your responses but obviously you already know that and are just feigning ignorance at this point but whatever, its cool.
No, it was more so referencing the "Some people are so dumb it's a wonder they don't forget how to breathe." thing lol. Take care now.

No, it was more so referencing the "Some people are so dumb it's a wonder they don't forget how to breathe." thing lol. Take care now.
Cool, resorting to name calling now, the last resort of someone attempting to save face. You nailed it though, if you ask around the common consensus around here would definitely be that I'm one if the "dumb" ones, lol.

Anyways, you take care too dude, was nice chatting with you.

Because the ankle bracelet needs to be real close to the receiver this time of night?

Guys who get kicked off of NFL practice squads -- Lesnar -- become UFC HW champ in 3 fights. Guys who get cut from the league after 1 year - Bob Sapp - beat K-1 GOATs and nearly kill MMA legends in their prime. Other NFL guys who get cut after 1 year -- Schaub, Mittrione -- KO MMA GOATs like Fedor and Cro Cop.

MMA is a fringe sport that's less popular than table tennis and volleyball. It doesn't get great athletes. The NFL gets some of the best athletes in the world.

Is it really surprising that an actually good NFL player just slightly past his prime can beat lower level UFC guys?
I see you posting this over and over and it hurt my brain. I need to reply.
Bob Sapp was able to win against 1 K1 champ, Ernesto Hoost at the end of his career. You are retarded if you didnt take the HUGE weight and height difference in account. After Ernesto people figuted out Sapp and he got destroyed in most of his other fights. Nog always fought at that time that way he is getting destroyed and then he pulls a submission from nowhere. Later he trained with olympic boxing team to work on his striking.
Schuab Mitrione had few bright moments in MMA against past the primes legends. They couldn't achieve much more in MMA.
There are hundreds of Nfl rejects each year and they know MMA isnt for them. If this whole idiotic A level athele narative was right we would have dozen Nfl rejects joining UFC each year and dominatig the sport.
Dont be stupid. Running for twenty seconds with egg in your hand and bang head to your oponent armored as fuk doesnt make you good mma fighter.
The truth is less then 1 percent of NFL rejects tried MMA and just few had under average succes.
Dont be stupid and use your brain.

Back