Why is Golf so big and widley covered by espn?

john daly was, drunk and addicted to food and still making millions of dollars as one of the top pros in the game. in no other sport can you abuse yourself the way john daly did and still be on top of your game.

lol at john daly being one of the top pro golfers, hes never won more than one pga event in a year, hes been on the tour for almost 18 years and has won 5 times

and for people saying golf takes no athleticism, it takes a great amount of both strength and finesse, hand eye coordination, flexabilty, the ability to perform under pressure, a strong mental game, and stamina. golfers walk around 6 miles per round, with 4 rounds a tourny, plus pro-ams and practice rounds, in a single golf tourny any given golfer can walk as many as 30+ miles in 100+ degree heat

baseball is harder on the body,alot of those guys have good speed to steal bases.It takes more to be a baseball player than golfer anyday.pitching is more of a skill position

Which explains why there is so many more pro baseball players than pro golfers.....

clown

Which explains why there is so many more pro baseball players than pro golfers.....

clown

that's not because way more kids' families can afford to support competitive training and competition in baseball as opposed to golf?

that's not because way more kids' families can afford to support competitive training and competition in baseball as opposed to golf?

or the fact there are more career ending injuries in baseball than golf.

Im assuming the same reason they show so much poker on ESPN.

+1 for boxing over competitive eating

Sorry dude.....baseball costs a shit load more than you think. Most kids play in 3-4 tournaments before the season starts. That costs money. Travel/select teams.....money Allstar games....money. Gas, food, hotel rooms....$$$$$

Maybe you get the picture.....I don't know if you have kids or not. Get 2 in sports and let me know about how cheap baseball is.

I pay less than $800 a year for a family golf membership. Baseball isn't cheaper.

Sorry dude.....baseball costs a shit load more than you think. Most kids play in 3-4 tournaments before the season starts. That costs money. Travel/select teams.....money Allstar games....money. Gas, food, hotel rooms....$$$$$

Maybe you get the picture.....I don't know if you have kids or not. Get 2 in sports and let me know about how cheap baseball is.

I pay less than $800 a year for a family golf membership. Baseball isn't cheaper.

Your $800 a year for a family golf membership to come dick around on the course on your day off work with your kid is the equivalent of buying him a bat and glove and taking him to the park on sundays to toss the ball around. I'm talking about real training and competition.

Gold makes more $$ for the network then MMA ever could.

And I'm fairly certain that tiger could bench press at least 300lbs. An average guy his size can do 200lbs and he's FAR from average.

Back