Why is everyone so hung up on Frank Mir?

Sherwolf

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
As soon as someone lands a punch on him, he's on wobbly legs. I don't see it even being competitive between him and Cormier. Mir won't even get out of the first round. I would bet the house on Mir losing to Cormier. It's a waste of a fight.

veramireHK.gif

Why're you so hung up on Cormier?

Cormier happens to be a bad match up for him, but Mir is still a top fighter.

Actually I can't stand Cormier. I just don't think Mir is all that good. I hope he fights Jones so Jones can beat his ass and put a end to his hype train.

Well if Cormier beats Mir then he would obviously lose his next fight. It's science

So this fight is a lose/lose for Cormier

^^^this

not saying that mir will win this fight.

but to discredit mir and what he has done in the UFC compared to what cormier has done in Strikeforce is lunacy.

not taking away from cormier and his wins against barnett and bigfoot, but i just cant understand why mir gets no credit whatsoever.

Did you see how many unbelievably hard punches it took for Carwin to knock Mir out?

He was hit with some of the most powerful uppercuts i've ever seen and was still awake and trying to grab an arm.

He took a huge amount of punishment from Lesnar before going out.

Actually I can't stand Cormier. I just don't think Mir is all that good.

Mir has been hovering around in the top ten for a very long time, how is he not good?

Mir has been hovering around in the top ten for a very long time, how is he not good?

Which elite Heavyweight has Mir beat? Anyone? Yeah ...

Sylvia? Nah. Lesnar? Nah. Nelson? Nah. Ancient Nog? Nah.

Mir is the quintessential gate keeper in the UFC.

Did you see how many unbelievably hard punches it took for Carwin to knock Mir out?

He was hit with some of the most powerful uppercuts i've ever seen and was still awake and trying to grab an arm.

He was out on his feet. The first uppercut Carwin hit him with put Mir in flight mode.

Excuse me.....Sylvia at the time was the heavyweight champion and considered very good.

Lesnar was a future heavyweight champion.

Nelson is very tough and Mir beat the crap out of him.

Nog was the interim champion and he destroyed him twice.

Anything else?

As soon as someone lands a punch on him, he's on wobbly legs. I don't see it even being competitive between him and Cormier. Mir won't even get out of the first round. I would bet the house on Mir losing to Cormier. It's a waste of a fight.

veramireHK.gif

You're joking right? Mir gets more undeserved disrespect on here than any other heavyweight. He may have a weak chin but he has decent standup, wrestling, and unbelievable BJJ. Anyone who can do what he did to guys like Nog and Lesnar should be taken seriously. He's a two time UFC champion and has been top 10 for years and years. Why are you and so many others hung up on disrespecting his abilities?

Both were champions not far from when he fought them.

Nelson and Nog were both top ten. If you're suggesting that Cormier has better wins, where are they?

veramireHK.gif

I heard a lot of the same garbage before he beat Nog.

Both times.

Damn that was brutal that, should have been stopped a few punches earlier, thought Mir wasn't going to make it out of the octagon! :eek:

Both were champions not far from when he fought them.

Nelson and Nog were both top ten. If you're suggesting that Cormier has better wins, where are they?

Cormier has a more impressive win against Barnett and I think beating Barnett is better than Mir has ever done outside of winning the title. Mir won titles win the division was empty basically.

Damn that was brutal that, should have been stopped a few punches earlier, thought Mir wasn't going to make it out of the octagon! :eek:

The octagon literally shook when those uppercuts landed.

Mir then rolled and tried to grab Carwins arm.....he's tougher than people give him credit for.

You're joking right? Mir gets more undeserved disrespect on here than any other heavyweight. He may have a weak chin but he has decent standup, wrestling, and unbelievable BJJ. Anyone who can do what he did to guys like Nog and Lesnar should be taken seriously. He's a two time UFC champion and has been top 10 for years and years. Why are you and so many others hung up on disrespecting his abilities?

I'm not trying to discredit what he's done, I'm discrediting what he can do. I agree he's a very good technical fighter, very intelligent, knowledgeable etc.. but the point I'm making is he can't take a punch. He's gets wobbly as soon as someone touches his chin.

Cormier has a more impressive win against Barnett and I think beating Barnett is better than Mir has ever done outside of winning the title. Mir won titles win the division was empty basically.

It's funny because at the time he was a massive underdog in both fights......Sylvia and Nog were thought of as beasts.

But now in 2013.....Mir only won them because the division was empty.

People are so full of shit.

Back