• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why is everyone here so against Stipey collecting a paycheck?

TITS

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mr. Stipey was ready to go last November when Jones cancelled out on him, not his fault. UFC wanted to keep him on ice for Jon's big "legacy fight". If anything, you Jones haters should be supporting Mr. Stipey and praying that he knocks Jon's face off and gets his show/win money plus the belt, who cares if he retires with it.

Personally, I think if Stipey beats Jones he'll stick around to unify the title with the winner of Blaydes vs Aspinall. Who wouldn't want to see that?

P.S. I'm on the "Conor McGregor Sobriety Regimen" tonight, in case anyone was wondering.

Maybe. And stick with me on this. Maybe the people criticizing this fight have motives  more than just simply hating Jones.

Crazy thought experiment, but let's just explore that space for a bit

69f8babeba4828778b7475ccce5318c6800cb4bbb94b4483b0629821ddc96db0.jpg

Maybe. And stick with me on this. Maybe the people criticizing this fight have motives  more than just simply hating Jones.

Crazy thought experiment, but let's just explore that space for a bit
Well sure, but most of those people are the minority and it's also true Aspinall has some real fans on here. Do we ever get this many threads daily crying about a fight when any other champion does something like this or a challenger gets a super undeserved title shot? It's very obvious by some of the comments made people really really hate Jon Jones. That's fine and people are entitled to that opinion, but let's call a spade a spade here.

Another thought experiment, if this was Francis Ngannou doing this, would he get multiple daily threads about it? And from all the same posters?

It does seem a little messed up Stipe is constantly catching a bunch of strays over this and is constantly being shat on. It's possible to hate Jon and make points about Stipe being undeserving without just crapping all over the man.

Last edited:
Well sure, but most of those people are the minority. Do we ever get this many threads daily crying about a fight when any other champion does something like this or a challenger gets a super undeserved title shot? It's very obvious by some of the comments made people really really hate Jon Jones. That's fine and people are entitled to that opinion, but let's call a spade a spade here.

Another thought experiment, if this was Francis Ngannou doing this, would he get multiple daily threads about it? And from all the same posters?
Utter horseshit. I'd concede that the majority of critics may hate Jones but being nearly unanimously hated comes with the territory of being a piece of shit. To suggest that means they can't actually have other reasons to criticize this fight is childish and fails any kind of analysis. And no, Jon has only has more threads in proportion to his popularity, but EVERY champ getting a bullshit defense gets torn apart in multiple threads. Or did we just take a vacation for Colby's last title shot? Or the like 20 threads that came up JUST from the suggestion that Ilia might not be interested in Max and could fight Ortega instead? Let's call a spade a spade by noting that the inability to look past people's quite justified hate of Jones to see a point on their argument is simplistic and lazy.

Francis got daily threads and constant criticism and ducking claims throughout all of his contract and release, so.. yeah

Nice formatting job, genius. Also, Jersey Shore stereotypes come from Staten Island, and I ain't south jersey scum either

I do think it is a shame we never got to see Stipe vs Ngannou III, and even minus that there are spicy matches Stipe can have with the likes of Bladyes and Gane that we will never see. I think it is a shame Stipe sat out his career after getting beat by Ngannou.

Utter horseshit. I'd concede that the majority of critics may hate Jones but being nearly unanimously hated comes with the territory of being a piece of shit. To suggest that means they can't actually have other reasons to criticize this fight is childish and fails any kind of analysis. And no, Jon has only has more threads in proportion to his popularity, but EVERY champ getting a bullshit defense gets torn apart in multiple threads. Or did we just take a vacation for Colby's last title shot? Or the like 20 threads that came up JUST from the suggestion that Ilia might not be interested in Max and could fight Ortega instead? Let's call a spade a spade by noting that the inability to look past people's quite justified hate of Jones to see a point on their argument is simplistic and lazy.

Francis got daily threads and constant criticism and ducking claims throughout all of his contract and release, so.. yeah

Nice formatting job, genius. Also, Jersey Shore stereotypes come from Staten Island
I don't feel the hate for Jon is unjustified by no means, as he's done some things that deserve that hate. However, it's clearly hate. I've done conceded that there are people who care about merit and there are people who truly are fans of Tom. That's all fine. Can you honestly tell me you don't see the hatred for Jones in some of these posts? I've said that was fine as well as people are entitled to their opinions. But my assessment is fine, people want to dump on Jon so people are dumping on Jon. It's at a proportion that isn't normal, obviously every fighter is hated on Sherdog by at least someone and threads get made. That's not the point. The proportionality is the point.

To go even further, people are dumping on Stipe and for that Stipe doesn't really deserve that. A little feeling of shame should be normal on that end for that. As far as I'm aware, Stipe is not a piece of shit and this situation is not particularly his fault.

Last edited:
I don't feel the hate for Jon is unjustified by no means, as he's done some things that deserve that hate. However, it's clearly hate. I've done conceded that there are people who care about merit and there are people who truly are fans of Tom. That's all fine. Can you honestly tell me you don't see the hatred for Jones in some of these posts? I've said that was fine as well as people are entitled to their opinions. But my assessment is fine, people want to dump on Jon so people are dumping on Jon. It's at a proportion that isn't normal, obviously every fighter is hated on Sherdog by at least someone and threads get made. That's not the point. The proportionality is the point.

To go even further, people are dumping on Stipe and for that Stipe doesn't really deserve that. A little feeling of shame should be normal on that end for that.

Yes, there are a good amount of Jon haters, but how it's used by Jon fans (or maybe better put blind nuthuggers, or just trolls) it's just a cop out for Jon fans whenever they don't really have good a counter argument, or just iniitial argument. They try to blame the critics as simple haters in order to dismiss them and hide the fact they have no real substantive arguments.

Last edited:
I'm glad he is getting money but it's a meaningless fight featuring an old and retired guy that is taking forever to put together and being sold (by Jones only) as some legacy defining cherry on top fight and no one believes it

Yes, there are a good amount of Jon haters, but how it's used by Jon fans (or maybe better put blind nuthuggers, or just trolls) it's just a cop out for Jon fans whenever they don't really have good counter argument, or just iniitial argument. They try to blame the critic as simple haters in order to dismiss them and hide the fact they they have no real substantive arguments.
The counter argument is that it's the UFC's fault for letting this happen because they are greedy and want money. They could make the Tom fight. They could strip Jon. But for some reason, it seems like they aren't getting a whole lot of blame. It's really hard for me to hate on anyone doing things that are in their best interests like Jon for instance. That's a normal human thing to do. Everyone does that. Nobody goes to the UFC and says "I want the hardest fight for the least amount of money" and nobody should realistically expect differently.

Back to the point of thread, Stipe is catching a bunch of unnecessary strays. Stipe isn't a piece of shit. He carries himself like a well adjusted adult and has an admirable career. It's possible to point out that he doesn't deserve this shot, and also you can hate Jon, without crapping on him.

The counter argument is that it's the UFC's fault for letting this happen because they are greedy and want money.

I was speaking more in general, but I'll address your points.

Yes, because the UFC's goal is making money. It's on the fighters to care about their own legacy, and how the fans will remember them, like being remembered as a duck.

They could make the Tom fight.

You can't make a fight if one of the two fighters doesn't want to take it, and they did try to make that as they have offered it to Jon.

They could strip Jon. But for some reason, it seems like they aren't getting a whole lot of blame.

They have been blamed for it. But people know the UFC is just about money and public image, instead of real merit. Also, they know the UFC isn't really the one being difficult.

It's really hard for me to hate on anyone doing things that are in their best interests like Jon for instance.

Monetarily, sure. But it's not in his best interest as far as legacy. He will be remembered as a duck, I doubt he'll be happy about that, just going by how he always argues with fans on social media lol.

That's a normal human thing to do. Everyone does that. Nobody goes to the UFC and says "I want the hardest fight for the least amount of money" and nobody should realistically expect differently.

I don't think Aspinall would be for the least amount of money. I'm sure he will still get a handsome payday. And plenty of fighters want to fight the hardest possible match ups, because they like challenges and proving themselves. They believe in the integrity of the sport, something Jon obviously doesn't value at all.

Back to the point of thread, Stipe is catching a bunch of unnecessary strays. Stipe isn't a piece of shit. He carries himself like a well adjusted adult and has an admirable career. It's possible to point out that he doesn't deserve this shot, and also you can hate Jon, without crapping on him.

I haven't seen that much amount of Stipe hate, TBH.

Also, not all criticism is hate. This seems to be a hard to discern distinction for a lot of Jon fans.

I was speaking more in general, but I'll address your points.

Yes, because the UFC's goal is making money. It's on the fighters to care about their own legacy, and how the fans will remember them, like being remembered as a duck.

You can't make a fight if one of the two fighters doesn't want to take it, and they did try to make that as they have offered it to Jon.

They have been blamed for it. But people know the UFC is just about money and public image, instead of real merit. Also, they know the UFC isn't really the one being difficult.

Monetarily, sure. But it's not in his best interest as far as legacy. He will be remembered as a duck, I doubt he'll be happy about that, just going by how he always argues with fans on social media lol.

I don't think Aspinall would be for the least amount of money. I'm sure he will still get a handsome payday. And plenty of fighters want to fight the hardest possible match ups, because they like challenges and proving themselves. They believe in the integrity of the sport, something Jon obviously doesn't value at all.

I haven't seen that much amount of Stipe hate, TBH.

Also, not all criticism is hate. This seems to be a hard to discern distinction for a lot of Jon fans.
So you understand that the UFC's goal is to make money, but you're having trouble grasping why Jon wants to make money? When it comes to this, I'm placing blame on the people who are actually running the shit and making the final decisions. UFC should care about how their brand looks to their customers in the same sense Jon should care about his legacy. They could strip Jon. That's probably the best course of action for them in the long term, rather than some short term profits. Most people would probably be happy with that.

I might seem like a Jon nuthugger, but I'm very objective in my analyses and I don't let bias interfere as much as I possibly can. This comes to everything. I have an analytical type personality. When you make comments like Jon is ducking, and his legacy is being devalued, and Jon doesn't value integrity it certainly does seem like it's not coming from a place of love, that's for sure. If you put some objective thought into it, the only real truth there is Jon probably really doesn't value integrity.

Back