Why is Edward's 9-0-1 streak not being talked about like Ferguson's 12 fight win streak

Bend NvR Break

Order to Chaos. Chaos to Order.
@Steel
Reaction score
Simple question.

Leon NC also came after he was clearly taking Bethel to school.

Half of Ferguson's wins were over nobodies and ghosts of fighter's past.

Leon has a dominant W over Luque who's in title talks himself.

Leon should be talked about with the same gusto prime Ferguson was.

Honestly I believe Usman will fight anyone over Leon. Leon is the only person to ever neutralize Usman's wrestling.

Inactivity.

Had Leon fought two or three times in 2020 and 2021 they almost certainly would be talking about him.

Leon's activity slumped before he even had a title shot, which is what people remember; hence Colby can get away without fighting often.

Inactivity.

Had Leon fought two or three times in 2020 and 2021 they almost certainly would be talking about him.

Leon's activity slumped before he even had a title shot, which is what people remember; hence Colby can get away without fighting often.
few of his fight were canceled, kinda out of his control. That's why I thought its important to fight more often than waiting for a title shot this coming year

The fact that he plays it safe to a fault. He is fully capable of starching most of the guys he took to decision in his win streak. 7 decisions out of 9 is kinda ridiculous. Especially when you have more then enough power and skill to put these guys lights out. Backfired on him his last fight as he almost got knocked the hell out in the 5th. Maybe he'll fight with a little more balls next time but i dunno.

feeguson was finishing fights ....and taking chances and being an exciting fighter

night and day difference

**put fans in seats / sell ppvs - snd you will be rewarded
Bro let's be real.

Ferguson neither put any fans (casual watchers) in the seats or has ever sold significant ppv.

I will say Ferguson finished fights though but in Leon's defense I will say his 10 fights were against better competition than 10 fights into Ferguson's 12.

When the only highlights from his win streak are getting punched up backstage by Masvidal and getting knocked loopy by Diaz for the last minute of his fight...yeah...you've got a problem.

Ferguson on the other hand gave us quality Just Bleed highlights from almost every single one of his fights.

Tony beat prime RDA, prime Barboza, & Thomson coming off of 2 robbery losses to Bendo & Green. Cerrone Had won 3 in a row.

The Luque win is great, other than that it's former & should-be 155ers. Tony wasnt decisioning 145ers.

Who is more a of nobody, Tibau or Sabotta?

Stupid thread. Leon is slick & very talented in all areas & I like him. But this is as apples to oranges as it gets.

few of his fight were canceled, kinda out of his control. That's why I thought its important to fight more often than waiting for a title shot this coming year

I agree not all of it is his fault, but he's gone 1-0, 1 NC in the same time period as Vicente Luque has gone 5-1.

Luque hasn't even beaten the same calibre of opponent as Edwards (and Edwards beat Luque four years ago), but feels like Luque has a lot more momentum.

EKs423yXUAEhTj6.jpg

Back