Why is Edward's 9-0-1 streak not being talked about like Ferguson's 12 fight win streak

EKs423yXUAEhTj6.jpg
/thread

I agree not all of it is his fault, but he's gone 1-0, 1 NC in the same time period as Vicente Luque has gone 5-1.

Luque hasn't even beaten the same calibre of opponent as Edwards (and Edwards beat Luque four years ago), but feels like Luque has a lot more momentum.
Gilbert burns vs Luque would be a good match up

While technically proficient, Leon's wins have largely been uninspiring. He'll get the win, but he has been too content to coast to a victory rather than trying to put a stamp on it. You can get a title shot that way but you gotta go the long route.

Tony's 12 fight streak wasn't as flawless but it was a helluva lot more fun. Bad timing and bad luck stopped him from getting his proper title shot sadly.

I think Edwards gets way too much unnecessary hate around here. But at the end of the day, I know merit means nothing in the UFC today. And it means even less to the fans. I’m not going to lose a minute of sleep over this unless they try to make an Usman vs Nick fight.

A mix of reasons.. a lot of decisions and not many finishes, long breaks between fights so its gets lost. Point fighting

Tony was so violent and entertaining and had a variety of attack and never did point fighting

Simple question.

Leon NC also came after he was clearly taking Bethel to school.

Half of Ferguson's wins were over nobodies and ghosts of fighter's past.

Leon has a dominant W over Luque who's in title talks himself.

Leon should be talked about with the same gusto prime Ferguson was.

Honestly I believe Usman will fight anyone over Leon. Leon is the only person to ever neutralize Usman's wrestling.

Tony beat

Thomson
Tibau
Barboza
Castillo
RDA
Lee
Pettis
Cowboy

in that streak..... his wins are far better than Leons. He also stopped Cowboy while Leon won a close decision. Leons "streak" is mostly against fat LWs. Luque and Tumenov are the only real high level true WWs. And as ppl have mentioned Tony was finishing and beating the shit out of most of the guys he fought here

And you should rewatch the Luque fight. Nothing "dominant" about it at all. It was an extremely close 29-28 fight.

Last edited:
Simple question.

Honestly I believe Usman will fight anyone over Leon. Leon is the only person to ever neutralize Usman's wrestling.

Because he doesn't finish people, he plays it safe unlike Khabib, Conor, Tony, Khamzat....

leon is boring as fuck. and lol at saying tonys wins were over nobodies. except for rda, leons wins have all been over nobodies (and early vicente doesnt count as a name).

leons fights are generally recommended by sleep therapists for their patients to watch because they are so boring and will make anyone go to sleep.

Because one streak has a 75% finish rate with 9 "of the night" bonuses, whilst the other has.........

When Ferguson fights I make sure I watch.
When Leon fights I check to see which household chores need to be done.

Bro let's be real.

Ferguson neither put any fans (casual watchers) in the seats or has ever sold significant ppv.

I will say Ferguson finished fights though but in Leon's defense I will say his 10 fights were against better competition than 10 fights into Ferguson's 12.

ferg had a cult following of kids who watch TUF .....fans that actually thought "el cu cuy is so crazy he can actually beat khabib"

meanwhile. leon has little fans and little reason for anyone to believe he can be champion.

Simple question.

Leon's only fault was taking so long to come back after UFC came back.
Not his fault, but it was harder to put him over Masvidal as time passed.

I do hope he gets a title shot with one more fight (in fairness shouldn't have needed it, but it is what it is)...

Back