Why is Dominick Cruz considered a boring fighter whereas GSP is not?

Willek

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Both are/were dominant long time champs. Both are considered point fighters even though Cruz does it on his feet while GSP lays in opponents guards. Yet GSP is worshipped by many and Cruz is considered boring and unlikeable.

I don't get it.

GSP is considered boring by a lot of people.

GSP was considered boring, but his abilities were legendary. Cruz is good and boring too.

Size makes a difference in a lot of people's minds.

I also think Dom will be considered far less "boring" after than Urijah fight.

What???

St Pierre gets nowhere near the love he should on sherdog!

GSP is the poster boy for boring. I don't get this thread. Any time a boring champion thread pops up GSP wins it by a landslide.

Why is Dominick Crunot NOT considered a boring fighter whereas GSP is?

Because it's true. Come at me bro. GSP deliberately didn't go for finish when he had every opportunity and technical acumen (Serra/Hughes fights were part of the revenge tour where he finished them the way they finished him before, those fights doesn't count). Dominick Cruz did go for finish, off the top of my head against Mighty Mouse, Faber and Mizugaki.

GSP is a boring fighter, don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

GSP is considered boring, Cruz is just more boring.

Both of them fight very safe to secure wins. I wouldnt call them boring, they just dont get into stupid brawls that fans enjoy and dont look for the finish if they can pay for it big price. Good fighters, very high IQ.

Cruz, Mighty Mouse, GSP. They're all masterclass. Most of fans do not know what they are looking for.

#EducateGuiz

I just don't like the herky jerky striking style. Don't like the way it looks--annoying for me to watch. Not that I don't appreciate an "elusive" fighter. TJ, who is accused of biting off his style, is more fun to watch. He doesn't herky jerk around as much and will sit on his punches and let go some good power shots.

GSP is so good, he put the best WWs into defensive mode. Fitch tried to fight back, Carlos tried to fight back and those were great fights.

Hardy, Kos, Alves, Penn, Diaz, Serra, these guys all shelled up and played defense the entire night. Hardy said he wasn't fighting, he was fending off GSP. Name one fight GSP wasn't the aggressor and won.

GSP isn't boring, he overwhelms opponents and takes away their will and they shell up and defend till the safety of the bell.

This isn't Aldo, Anderson or Diaz, who wait for their opponents to mess up. GSP rushes his opponents.

The nonsense about "taking risks" you will read, over and over is complete nonsense. It's something they learned on Sherdog, and can repeat without being yelled at. It means nothing and what GOAT is taking risks for a finish? Anderson? Jones? Nope. GSP is diving into trouble more than them, that's for sure. The goal is to hit and not get hit, and GSP is one of the best. GSP breaks down people. These posters will suggest GSP will lose eventually in no time limits. But GSP is winning every second, breaking down and destroying souls. Nick, Kos, all of these guys would have broken without a time limit, but they all knew it was there to save them.

Last edited:
Back