Why is Dominick Cruz considered a boring fighter whereas GSP is not?

I hit air everyday, I pay 60$ for blood.
lol.gif

Just bleed guy! I've been looking for you forever!

Georgie is very boring. Very skilled, and very boring....I have nothing against this...you should see me spar...also very boring.

People who wanted to see GSP lose, and people who want to see Cruz lose, think both fighters are boring.
I was on the edge of my seat watching GSP fight, and I enjoy watching Cruz fight.
I admit, I don't want to rewatch these fights, as that would be boring and a waste of time, but during the fights, I'm glued to the screen.

Cruz wins but very rarely has those out of your seat moments.

Gsp had more excitement even working against the fact he was always clearly ahead on the cards.

Cruz is great at what he does but gsp is GS fucking P

They're both considered boring by many, so I don't really understand the question.

The common denominator between GSP and Cruz is that they don't attract your everyday fight fans, presumably because both guys have styles that specifically restrict where the fight is allowed to take place. In short, both guys have the ability to determine the premises under which the fight will be contested, and the result often ends up resembling something entirely else than what most people's image of a "proper fight" is. Their fights are more like showcases of top notch fighting technique rather than a hotly contested battle between two warriors giving it their all.

I would rather watch Cruz over gsp anyday. Thats one guy that I hope stays retired. I like to watch striking and Wild BJJ scrambles. Not TD, can-opener for 5 rounds. But, thats just me.

Because GSP fans where fans of GSP and not mma, so he got away with being boring as long as they could see him laying on people.

Both are/were dominant long time champs. Both are considered point fighters even though Cruz does it on his feet while GSP lays in opponents guards. Yet GSP is worshipped by many and Cruz is considered boring and unlikeable.

I don't get it.
You clearly weren't here when gsp was fighting. He was considered THE boring fighter

lol they're both considered boring. The real question is why is MM considered boring when he's finished 5/8 title defenses? His first fight with Dodson was also fucking epic.

Both are/were dominant long time champs. Both are considered point fighters even though Cruz does it on his feet while GSP lays in opponents guards. Yet GSP is worshipped by many and Cruz is considered boring and unlikeable.

I don't get it.

Name me one fight where GSP just "lays in [his] opponent's guard", or is otherwise not constantly working?

I must have missed that one.

Cruz fights guys much smaller than him and still cant put them away and hes a douche on top of that. Gsp while often boring had a likeable image for a broader base of fans

GSP is proof that if you win long enough, and you are the only good athlete from your country, you can get away with a lot(Steroids, ducking super fights, being boring, not looking to finish or really fight) and still be extremely popular. He really lived the dream, I'm jealous.

GSP was considered boring by many....Hell, i used to consider him boring UNTIL i started seeing fighters like Cruz.....

GSP IMPOSED his will on his opponents and dominated them.....Cruz AVOIDS his opponents will and tries to outrun his way to a decision.

He belongs on dancing with the stars if he doesnt want to engage his opponents, not in the octagon.

If you're going to be a fighter for others entertainment, the last thing you should do is show up and try not to fight your opponent.

I wouldnt make a thread suggesting GSP isnt a boring fighter. Many fans out there felt like he was a boring fighter.

Certainly had some exciting fights and wins, but started to play it extremely safe later on in his career.

Cuz GSP was in a normal human beings weight class, while Dominic is in the midget league.

I mean, I like Cruz, but look at this
fbDlq.gif

This can only pretty much be achieved by mini men, if Cain tried that, he'd have broken his back twice.

A lot of gsp fights were boring. Jackson game planning. Point fighting

wut? A lot of people think GSP is boring.

Lots a weird threads today

Back