Why is Cain known for his cardio?

Because a HW that puts out over 100 strikes in a fight on more than 1 occasion is pretty much unheard of.

Also headed in to 166 sherdog reported that he out strikes his opponents on the ground at a rate of almost 23-1. In perspective JDS out strikes opponents on the ground at a rate of 1.2-1

Cain has the cardio of LW and fights at HW. He's a freak athlete for sure

Because a HW that puts out over 100 strikes in a fight on more than 1 occasion is pretty much unheard of.

Also headed in to 166 sherdog reported that he out strikes his opponents on the ground at a rate of almost 23-1. In perspective JDS out strikes opponents on the ground at a rate of 1.2-1
We all know who wins when Cain and JDS fight. But JDS doesn't ever go for takedowns because hes' better than everyone standing.. so that stat is kinda farked.

I know he has good cardio because they call him Cardio Cain

duh

Cain's cardio for hw is really really good BUT it's definitely not as good as what ppl believe. It's a bit of misconception due to ufc hype constantly mentioning about cain's cardio and rogan screaming stuff like "endless/unlimited gas tank" all the time, which made ppl believe that cain have better cardio than elite lighter weight fighters(which in most cases isn't true). In reality he probably has the best cardio in hw but is it really better jones idk, matter in fact I would argue aldo has similar if not better cardio than cain(simply because aldo is so much lighter and elite) but ppl think cain has WAYYY better cardio than aldo because ufc mentions cain's "godly" cardio and aldo slowing down ALWAYS. When aldo isn't ahead by 4 rounds vs elite opponent aldo movement in the 5th is much faster than Cain which actually looks very sluggish after 2nd round vs JDS.

It's absolutely amazing for a HW/LHW divisions. Can't think of anyone that has the same workrate and keeps up the pace like that.

I think people overrate his cardio it is good but it is only good for heavyweight standards.

This. He has an amazing pace but it does take a toll on him and he has gassed or at least slowed down considerably in the later rounds of the 5 rd fights he's been in.

Because every other HW's cardio is so much worse.

Wasn't gonna post this anymore but here it is.

Cain is taller, longer, heavier and has much better cardio than Cormier.

Here are some stats from their fights.

Jones vs Cormier: Jones threw 215 strikes and attempted 5 takedowns.

Dos Santos vs Velasquez 2: Cain threw 339 strikes and attempted 33 takedowns.

Velasquez vs Dos Santos 3: Cain threw 378 strikes and attempted 13 takedowns.

Now I know fighting isn't just about work rate, but that says a lot. Jones has issues with intelligent pressure, Cormier showed that. Cain is the best at pressuring intelligently.

It would be a tough fight but I see Cain beating Jones, either by decision or late round stoppage.

Cain would be constantly mixing it up. Jones was very impressive against Cormier, not because he dominated but because of how he adjusted later in the fight.

But Cain is a beast, he'd be too much for Jones and to be fair he is too much for everyone at the moment.

I've posted this in a few threads sorry, wasn't gonna do it but thought it was relevant.

Thats the dumbest thing Ive heard all day. Training the same as someone else doesnt automatically mean you will have the same cardio, TS.

Wasn't gonna post this anymore but here it is.

Cain is taller, longer, heavier and has much better cardio than Cormier.

Here are some stats from their fights.

Jones vs Cormier: Jones threw 215 strikes and attempted 5 takedowns.

Dos Santos vs Velasquez 2: Cain threw 339 strikes and attempted 33 takedowns.

Velasquez vs Dos Santos 3: Cain threw 378 strikes and attempted 13 takedowns.

Now I know fighting isn't just about work rate, but that says a lot. Jones has issues with intelligent pressure, Cormier showed that. Cain is the best at pressuring intelligently.

It would be a tough fight but I see Cain beating Jones, either by decision or late round stoppage.

Cain would be constantly mixing it up. Jones was very impressive against Cormier, not because he dominated but because of how he adjusted later in the fight.

But Cain is a beast, he'd be too much for Jones and to be fair he is too much for everyone at the moment.

I've posted this in a few threads sorry, wasn't gonna do it but thought it was relevant.

Interesting stats but JJ is not JDS and I think many people are underestimating Jones or overestimating Cain if this fight ever happens (probably not). Cain has never faced anyone like Jones, Just like Cormier never had. And Jones is much better than JDS in every facet of the game except boxing and KO power. Jones' cardio is very underrated on this board. The last rounds in the Cormier and Gus fight were critical and Jones was the fresher fighter both times

Interesting stats but JJ is not JDS and I think many people are underestimating Jones or overestimating Cain if this fight ever happens (probably not). Cain has never faced anyone like Jones, Just like Cormier never had. And Jones is much better than JDS in every facet of the game except boxing and KO power. Jones' cardio is very underrated on this board. The last rounds in the Cormier and Gus fight were critical and Jones was the fresher fighter both times

You have valid points, Jones hasn't exactly faced anyone like Cain either though. Cormier is similar but Cain is better. They are both great fighters, I think Cain would be more likely to beat Jones but we don't know for sure till they fight.

Because hes a HW and theres very few HWs that can keep that kind of a pace for 5 rounds.

Well it's easy.He's fighting HW's.They gas after 3 seconds of pressure.

It's easy to look like usain bolt when you're opponent can't barely stand alone in front of you.

He's got got good endurance for a heavyweight like everyone has said. And his endurance looks even more crazy when you've got guys gassing in the division after the first three minutes.

On a side note: does anybody besides me cringe when Goldie calls Cain "Cardio Cain Velasquez" ?

There was a video somewhere of them testing him, and they basically said he's a freak of nature.

There was a video somewhere of them testing him, and they basically said he's a freak of nature.

He's a freak athlete for sure

I agree. It's not all down to hard work. Some of it has to be his natural genetics. Endless cardio is a bigger advantage than a long reach IMO. Most people around here seem to agree because the majority seem to think Cain would beat Bones because of his freakish pace.

Yet Bones gets hate for his natural gifts and Cain's advantage is celebrated.

I agree. It's not all down to hard work. Some of it has to be his natural genetics. Endless cardio is a bigger advantage than a long reach IMO. Most people around here seem to agree because the majority seem to think Cain would beat Bones because of his freakish pace.

Yet Bones gets hate for his natural gifts and Cain's advantage is celebrated.

Jones has some of the best cardio in MMA. He out-worked Alex and Cormier in the championship rounds. I don't think we've ever seen him gassed, Cain has several times.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back