Why is Breathe Right so expensive

Ditch your pillows.

This isn't the solution for everyone, but for a large number of people, not using a pillow and using a neck roll instead will solve your snoring problem. People who use a lot of thick pillows are tilting their own heads forward enough to the point that they're restricting their own airway, almost like putting a neck crank on yourself.

Try this. Lie down on your bed without a pillow. Relax your throat while you're breathing until you're "snoring." Rotate your head back. You'll notice a point where the snoring magically disappears. That's the position you want to sleep in by sticking a neck roll or pillow under your neck. Personally, I use a pillow full of little cedar cubes.

Humans aren't meant to sleep with big fluffy feathery things under their heads.

Nasal congestion from cold I use those nasal sprays - my doc HATES that I do though, says they're habit forming, but I wean myself off when I'm not otherwise sick and feeling like utter shite.

:eek:Two nice fella's like us, makes you wonder why people would want to punch us in the face.

I could use surgery on the snoze, its effected my sleep (snoring) and pronunciation slightly. That's why I tried the breath rights, after 2 tries I was thinking what the f is the point of this its not opening sht. It must work for some you would think, but I don't see it.

btw...Your not associated with the notorious Moon Wolf are you?

Haha nah the wolf comes from something else lol. 20 years of kickboxing did my nose in but the last time I broke it I was playing softball, the ball was rolling in the grass and I put the glove down to scoop it up and it ramped off the glove and cracked me in the face hah.

No science needed. You get congested, it opens up air to breathe.
This. What claims does this product make? To cure cancer? They physically pull the nostrils open. That's it. This shouldn't be complicated or controversial. Either it facilitates nasal breathing or it doesn't.

Also, you don't have to be congested for them to work. If you don't notice any benefit, then that's that. But I wore them as a swimmer during backstroke to prevent asthma attacks (something about the rhythm of breathing during that stroke induced my asthma). I didn't need to read a VO2 chart to notice the effect. Neither did the guy who inspired me to give them a shot for the exact same reason as me: Tom Dolan. The incidence of attacks went down drastically. It was also much, much easier to breathe, and particularly to exhale through my nose.

If you don't notice a benefit, then you probably are less likely to have a long, narrow, nasal passage.

I tried it a couple times. Didn't notice a difference. My friends father uses them and he gave me a couple. My friend doesn't notice a difference either.

Really? I definitely noticed a difference. It wasn't a massive difference, but it definitely helped me to breathe a little better. It's all about placement. If you don't place it just right, you wont get the maximum effect.

Ditch your pillows.

This isn't the solution for everyone, but for a large number of people, not using a pillow and using a neck roll instead will solve your snoring problem. People who use a lot of thick pillows are tilting their own heads forward enough to the point that they're restricting their own airway, almost like putting a neck crank on yourself.

Try this. Lie down on your bed without a pillow. Relax your throat while you're breathing until you're "snoring." Rotate your head back. You'll notice a point where the snoring magically disappears. That's the position you want to sleep in by sticking a neck roll or pillow under your neck. Personally, I use a pillow full of little cedar cubes.

Humans aren't meant to sleep with big fluffy feathery things under their heads.

This is very interesting, good point too, I bet cavemen didn't have fluffy pillows. I'm going to play around with this.

One way to tell if the strips might help you is to close your mouth and try to inhale quickly through your nose. If the passages seem to block, the strips will help them stay open. You could also have them surgically opened.

You can make your own by using a strip of plastic from a plastic bottle and some medical tape.

This. What claims does this product make? To cure cancer? They physically pull the nostrils open. That's it. This shouldn't be complicated or controversial. Either it facilitates nasal breathing or it doesn't.

Also, you don't have to be congested for them to work. If you don't notice any benefit, then that's that. But I wore them as a swimmer during backstroke to prevent asthma attacks (something about the rhythm of breathing during that stroke induced my asthma). I didn't need to read a VO2 chart to notice the effect. Neither did the guy who inspired me to give them a shot for the exact same reason as me: Tom Dolan. The incidence of attacks went down drastically. It was also much, much easier to breathe, and particularly to exhale through my nose.

If you don't notice a benefit, then you probably are less likely to have a long, narrow, nasal passage.

Well for those of us that had no noticeable benefit, its not unusual to have doubts. We all know about the placebo effect, and the public's willingness to fool themselves. Nothing wrong with empirical lab testing through the use of scientific methods.

This argument sounds like the one's made for penis pumps, or hanging weights off your junk, it makes sense, but not huge if not true.

Well for those of us that had no noticeable benefit, its not unusual to have doubts. We all know about the placebo effect, and the public's willingness to fool themselves. Nothing wrong with empirical lab testing through the use of scientific methods.

This argument sounds like the one's made for penis pumps, or hanging weights off your junk, it makes sense, but not huge if not true.
Empirical lab testing for what? To vet what claim? This isn't really what the "placebo effect" describes. Whether or not you are able to breathe more efficiently is immediately discernible. The perceived benefit-- whether real or not-- is the end unto itself. AFAIK they aren't marketing this as a cure to asthma or sleep apnea. It's simply something that may facilitate respiration which can help mitigate the symptoms of those diseases.

Beyond investigation into claims like that, which the FDA would fine them if they made, what's the point in lab testing? The point of testing a substance in human trials is to get an idea of how the the majority of the population responds to it (these are the final set of trials before a drug goes to market). That's great, but that doesn't tell you anything about how YOU will respond to it. You don't know which subject in their sample most closely mimics you, or if any do. Ultimately, even with proven substances, that comes down to anecdotal experience. So there's really no more "scientific" way of testing how the apparatus will affect you than to test it on yourself.

Do you wake up as much in the night? No. Check. It works. Doesn't matter if it doesn't work for the rest of the world. Doesn't even matter if it only works for you due to a placebo. You're getting uninterrupted sleep. You perceive yourself to be more rested. That's a win and a win. Remember: you're treating symptoms (like sleeplessness), the discomfort of breathlessness, and the general inability to breathe normally which I've never known any human to require a machine or independent testing to discern. You're NOT actually curing or treating a disease, itself, here.

For me, it really just came out to the ability to push out even more air through my nostrils which is key to an asthmatic because exhaling is actually where we fail our bodies, and exhaling through the mouth is actually more difficult, so they teach you to focus on maximizing exhalation through your nose (to any athletes who are also exercise-induced asthmatics, if you didn't know this, I would urge you to focus on this technique).

This discussion is going to go nowhere fast, and you will just end up sporting yellows if we go on.
So lets just agree to disagree, as I didn't realize you held stock in the company.:D

Joking aside, I'm not getting the repeated reference to extreme claims. As I have stated before, it didn't work for me and made me skeptical of its usefulness. Testing the effects on a jogger on a tread mill in a lab and monitoring the airflow through the nose, and oxygen in the blood, and other tests, may reveal something about the actual effects and benefits of the product. And as far as placebo, I could see people trying to link their performances to this product without it actually doing anything at all, that's not out of the realm of reason, at least in that example, in the case of your examples, I can agree, at least in principle.

I appreciate the breathing technique info, but I really need corrective surgery. I suffer from a case of extreme punch-able face syndrome, I would post my picture but everyone would react by punching a hole in their monitors. Its science.

You allegedly make 6 figures a year but complain about a $11 box of nasal strips......

Cmonson.gif

Back