Why is boxing still producing bigger stars than MMA?

Lol is there any particular reason you think this besides completely talking out of your ass?

Follower to view/impression/like ratio is what matters and is the biggest/most obvious tell.

ONE Championship is notorious for this. Look at all their pages, whether it’s IG or YouTube.

Follower to view/impression/like ratio is what matters and is the biggest/most obvious tell.

ONE Championship is notorious for this. Look at all their pages, whether it’s IG or YouTube.

That doesn't mean that views can't be bought.

Doesn’t really mean anything to me. I’m just telling you what’s out there and what’s popular as you weren’t aware.

McGregor fights once every 3-3.5 years which has had a negative effect on his popularity IMO. Tank fights twice a year and has a larger impact these days.

Here are his earnings from 2023, even this is probably underreported. Showing at 43M here.

He's not a huge superstar dude. Just stop.

You are trying to prove something you already believe without considering the possibility that you're wrong.

Get out of your boxing bubble.

Of course, it’s much easier to pull off on youtube. But the like to view ratio is going to be the most obvious tell.
Not sure why you keep pretending that you know what you are talking about

Show me literally any source that claims Davis has a net worth of more than $10M.

He's not a huge superstar dude. Just stop.

You are trying to prove something you already believe without considering the possibility that you're wrong.

Get out of your boxing bubble.

I just showed you a sportico list which is as legit as it gets. I also gave you a SBJ article on last years results, another source that is as legit as it gets.

Claimed I had no sources and posted legit articles

You literally googled gervonta davis networth and used one of those “celebritynetworth” or a sportslens piece.

so the onnus is now on me to disprove nonsense articles like celebrity networth over sportico and SBJ?

If I start posting google trend spikes for Davis/Garcia against MMA stars I guess that won’t be legit either.

Leave the emotions out of it.

You can believe whatever you want. In the real world, most people have never heard of Gervonta Davis.

If you actually think Davis is a bigger star than McGregor, I don't know what to tell you. It's a ludicrous thing to think.
My buddy's an Irish tailor and helped out on a ton of McGregor's outfits until the last couple years when he moved here.

Every time we talk about his job to random people we meet at bars and what not and bring that up they know who McGregor is and are flabbergasted that he personally knows him. McGregor is as mainstream as it gets.

I can't believe it even needs to be said that McGregor's a bigger star than Davis. Of course he is lmao. I only know who Davis is cause of his fight with Garcia being labelled one of those rare big boxing events that reached mainstream so I tuned in, but otherwise couldn't tell you a single thing about him. Just looked him up and turns out he's been champion since 2017 but I'd never heard of him until 2023.

Literally nobody in the real world knows more than a handful of boxers, and when they do it's usually because of a specific fight(s).

The amount of people on this planet who can become great at MMA is much smaller than boxing.

Everyone and their mother can train to become a boxer. MMA takes years to learn. Perfect example is Jake Paul and all those Youtube boxers.

Not to mention a lot of these boxers with 30-0 records have a padded record with a bunch of bums.

I'm not ready to say boxing has more stars, but even if it does, we're just talking about a few people. As a sport, MMA is crushing boxing and has been for quite a while. No one even takes boxing seriously these days.
Respectfully disagree. I think at the top of the sport boxing might be harder because the talent pool is still way bigger.

You have a guy like Ciryl Gane half assing his way to the top of the food chain at HW and countless others like Stipe who part-timed his way to the UFC gold.

Jake Paul is not even a top 100 boxer.

Boxing has had a formal rule set and some sort of competitive structure since 1865, and has been practiced, promoted, and taught all around the globe for generations.

MMA has had a formal rule set for about 25 years, and is only just becoming a global sport.

Also boxing has a limited rule set and a very protective promotional structure which allows Blue Chip prospects to go on incredibly long runs without a loss, shining up their resume, making them seem like more of a star, and perception is reality.

MMA prospects are often thrown into very deep waters very quickly if they show promise. Some guys like Weidman and Alex thrive but a whole lot more stumble along the way.

Last edited:
Back