Why is Bendo's fight not the main event?

Pretty disrespectful for the former champ not to be the main event.
The fight with the better fighters and more competitive fight should be the main event.

Because he's not a 'needle mover'.
needle-mover.jpg

On his UFC run he has been in some boring fights and won a ton by split decision.

I never got this. What fights of his have been boring? He has won 3 of the nights in the UFC

I never got this. What fights of his have been boring? He has won 3 of the nights in the UFC

If I recall correctly, the Diaz and Thomson fights weren't that great. Could be wrong though.

Coz Conor is already one of the top 3 stars in the UFC, with or without a belt.

Because the main event fight will be for a title shot.

If I recall correctly, the Diaz and Thomson fights weren't that great. Could be wrong though.

You remember at least half wrong, the Diaz fight was a great beat-down, unless you're a Diaz fan. The Thomson fight wasn't great, but neither guy did a great deal.

The only reason I'm watching that fight is because his opponent is cerrone. If it was anyone else, I'd skip it like almost every other Bendo fight. I have 0 interest in seeing this guy in another 5 rounder.

This is honestly the first thread I've seen about Ben Henderson this week. I've lost count of the McGregor threads. Hmmm I wonder why Conor is in the main event

You remember at least half wrong, the Diaz fight was a great beat-down, unless you're a Diaz fan. The Thomson fight wasn't great, but neither guy did a great deal.

Yeah, the diaz fight was basically the only title fight that bendo dominated

ppl are acting like this the first time ufc did something like this. i can give u plenty of events where "needle movers" were main events over the more meaningful fight. hell, i'll give you one where bendo was the comain.

ufc live: Hardy vs Lytle
comain: Bendo vs Jim Miller (Miller was on a 7 fight win streak!!!!)

With Brown being removed from the Colorado event, they should have moved Henderson/Cerrone III to anchor that event (the Boston event is all abour McGregor anyway). Thompson vs. Thatch is a great matchup, and seems very likely to be a good fight, but an event headliner? Colorado fans have to be a bit disappointed, even though Thatch is from the area.

Henderson may have balked at that as he was on schedule to fight January 18 and the only way he takes the Cerrone fight is in the current scenario. Though he claims he was fine with doing whatever/whenever he is needed.

Back