Why is Bendo's fight not the main event?

UncleFester

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Pretty disrespectful for the former champ not to be the main event.
The fight with the better fighters and more competitive fight should be the main event.

He should be thankful Conor let him even be on this card.

Because he isn't very exciting, doesn't have tons of fans and most importantly Conor is a huge draw.

Because connors the man people want to see now. That should be obvious by the amount of MCGOAT fanatics roaming these forums.

He should be thankful Conor let him even be on this card.

He better hope he has his job after this fight, the GOAT is going to be making roster cuts starting with Siver after this event. Conor Bless.

Cus Connor is a big draw. Flashyness and shit talk is what wins fans mainstream fans over, people eat that shit up.

You make a valid point in the OP, but the reality right now is, more people are tuning in to see McGregor than Bendo. McGregor is the man right now. He's the new kid on the block and he's playing for high stakes. If he wins, he gets Aldo. If he beats Aldo, he's an instant Super Star. This is MMA high theater at it's best. Love him or hate him, you're going to tune in.

Last edited:
He comes off a loss, the fight has been changed short notice. Conor is a big mouth, i mean draw

Completely agree, TS. Also, I don't think squash matches should be main events.

Because he isn't very exciting, doesn't have tons of fans and most importantly Conor is a huge draw.

He has been in two of the most exciting fights ever. One of them with the guy he is fighting Sunday

He has been in two of the most exciting fights ever. One of them with the guy he is fighting Sunday

On his UFC run he has been in some boring fights and won a ton by split decision.

Normally I would have an issue with it. Mainly because I would worry about a boring Bendo decision sucking the atmosphere out of the arena. But with Mc'Goat in Boston no chance of that happening. Hopefully I am wrong and Cowboy can put him away.

I think the main event and co-main should have been the other way around, personally... BUT I can also see why they put Conor on the main card. He has people talking right now. I think there's about a 30% chance Siver KO's him, but he's got people watching and that's what the UFC needs.

The UFC wants to promote McGregor more than Henderson, an ex champ who got knocked out in his last fight. I'd imagine there's little else to it.

He's a former champ, but he isnt the #2 guy at lw anymore and before cowboy it was going to be 2 guys coming off of losses

Back