Why is basketball players looked up to as the greatest athletes?

Are basketball players the best athletes?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Biggest tallest yet still mobile humans in a very fast paced sport. The slow twitched flabby Ben Askren's of the world get weeded out fast.
john-wall.gif
So you claim that...
But yet you pick a gif of the smallest dude on the field lol!

- The field is way to small for those big guys.
- 'Wait were losing!' Quick time-out lol!
- 'Aaah im so tired...' Quick lets swap our players unlimitedly.
Basketball = overrated.
20190709_000139.gif

They are too tall. They would have glass chins and terrible centre of gravity.

Football players are the world's top athletes (soccer for the slow). There is a World outside the US.

Basketball's participation rate globally is second only to soccer (football), and it's likely going to surpass it.
it's NEVER going to surprass it, stop making shit up lol
Football (soccer) 4 billion players
Basketball 825 million players

not second more like 7th lol it's a shitty muricunt sport
Cricket, hockey, tennis, volleyball and even table tennis are more popular than silly basketball hahaha

source: https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-are-the-most-popular-sports-in-the-world.html

I reckon NFL and rugby players would on average beat the shit out of NBA players and would transition to MMA better as well.

it's NEVER going to surprass it, stop making shit up lol
Football (soccer) 4 billion players
Basketball 825 million players

not second more like 7th lol it's a shitty muricunt sport
Cricket, hockey, tennis, volleyball and even table tennis are more popular than silly basketball hahaha

source: https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/what-are-the-most-popular-sports-in-the-world.html
No sane rational person can take anyone or any source serious that says Hockey is more popular than Basketball. Are you even a sports fan do you even know what Hockey and Basketball are? Simple basic logic says a sport where all you need is a hoop and a ball and two people to play a game will be played more and more popular than a sport where you need an ice rink, skates, and all kinds of equipment to play.

I bet there's more fans and participants of basketball in American and China alone than probably the whole world of Hockey.

No sane rational person can take anyone or any source serious that says Hockey is more popular than Basketball. Are you even a sports fan do you even know what Hockey and Basketball are? Basic logic says a sport where all you need is a hoop and a ball and two people to play a game will be played more and more popular than a sport where you need an ice rink, skates, and all kinds of equipment to play.

I bet there's more fans and participants of basketball in American and China alone than probably the whole world of Hockey.
hockey ain't even a global sport and it beats the shit out of basketball, same goes for cricket
just shut up you're obviously extremely biased
and the numbers don't lie

oh and btw you dumbass, its not ice hockey, normal hockey
you need a stick and two goals

saying I don't know what hockey and basketball are, dude doesn't even know you can play hockey on a field and not on ice, the fuck?!

3170.jpg

here a picture of the Dutch winning their 8th world cup by beating Ireland with 0-6 lol

oh and btw, if you would have checked the link I sent, you would have known it wasn't about ice hockey but field hockey. Do some research before you make an ass out of yourself

Last edited:
No sane rational person can take anyone or any source serious that says Hockey is more popular than Basketball. Are you even a sports fan do you even know what Hockey and Basketball are? Simple basic logic says a sport where all you need is a hoop and a ball and two people to play a game will be played more and more popular than a sport where you need an ice rink, skates, and all kinds of equipment to play.

It's field hockey. You only need a stick and a ball. I'm not calling racist here, but we view the world from a Eurocentric perspective, as well as national perspective. What's popular in my neck of the woods must be popular everywhere. But you are right, nothing can touch soccer. Just about every ice hockey player not from North America was also a high level soccer player in his teens. Soccer you can play everywhere. In cramped quarters, you may have to use a tennis ball for soccer ball. Everything is a soccer field.

Basketball's participation rate globally is second only to soccer (football), and it's likely going to surpass it.

LMAO. Basketball will never surpass football. Don't play. You are sounding like Dana White. Football is the world's sport. The World Cup is bigger than the Olympics. Enough said.

Biggest tallest yet still mobile humans in a very fast paced sport. The slow twitched flabby Ben Askren's of the world get weeded out fast.
john-wall.gif

For perspective, John Wall is 6'4", 210lbs, with an 80" reach.

That explosion.

For perspective, John Wall is 6'4", 210lbs, with an 80" reach.

That explosion.

Well we can add explosive to the list. Bro so sad that his body is completely destroyed at age 28.

I've seen basketball players carried off the court while crying because of stubbed toes. These pampered poofs wouldn't last 20 seconds in a combat sport

Everyone likes to pretend there are secret better guys... Football guys are already in MMA so basketball guys are the next thing to jerk off to. MMA already has Rousey's bf as a failed basketball guy and he did ok.

john-wall.gif

Lol basketball isnt fast paced sport

Only in the US tho.

rest of the world doesnt care about basketball.
Hardest sport to become succésful in are Soccer and Tennis tho.

With that said, most NBA players would be really good at MMA if they tried it.
I stil think NHL players would be killers in MMA,
Big strong dudes who are used to play hard.

In NBA you are not allowed to touch eachother

Its a kids game that they get to play.. key word they are playing ..wish I could get paid to play a child's game .. pretty silly really . 82 games in 8 months isn't shit .
Ok big guy. If it’s such a kids game why are you on sherdog wishing you could get paid to do such a easy job?! Lmao idiot

Big. Strong. Fast. Agile.

but the real reason:
black
tenor.gif

Soccer is pretty ghey, imo, but I believe they have the best athletes. I played basketball in college and I play in soccer leagues now. Soccer is definitely harder and you have to be in better shape.

Back