Why is anyone picking Nate Diaz over McGregor? Clffs:

Because he has a chance that's why.

He's longer, taller, and naturally bigger than Conor, if this ends up with some clinch fighting especially against the cage where Nate can work his volume striking to the body he can work on zapping Conor's cardio and people can rave about Conor's brown belt all they want but he clearly didn't look that great off his back against a guy who was dead tired and isn't known for being a great jujitsu guy and he doesn't wanna tangle with Nate on the ground.

Conor will probably win but Nate has a chance here.

I always wonder what its like to be the guy who goes from a Bulls hat to a Lakers hat, and now to a Warriors hat.

Yes, we get it, the underdogs are statistically unlikely to defeat the favorite. Congratulations on capitalizing on such trends with your fandom.

The weight dynamic changes things considerably. That with Nate's chin, reach, and cardio (which you hyperbolically downplay) make this very interesting. I'm not doubting mcgregor's ability to KTFO Nate, but give the guy's opponent a little credit.

I get that he only has 2 weeks to prepare, but man to say a Diaz will have no cardio... If there's any fighters that can fight on 2 weeks notice and not really be affected much cardio wise it's the Diaz brothers. I strongly doubt their cardio is ever very far from being fight ready with the amount of marathons and races they participate in

Any loyal fans like myself have watched him before he joined the UFC so very unlikely. He will retire undefeated in the UFC. Easy :)

Such a hardcore MMA fan you're following semi-underground fighters when nobody else is, yet you just joined the oldest MMA media site yesterday.

"Gee guys, after a decade of following MMA I've finally decided to start discussing it with folks online!"

Right.

Any loyal fans like myself have watched him before he joined the UFC so very unlikely. He will retire undefeated in the UFC. Easy :)

Jan 28th 2016 join date, sure buddy long time fan.

You'll disappear soon, you casuals are flooding Sherdog.

It's possible that the size difference will actually be a bigger factor than anybody anticipates. I don't think it's that much of a factor but you never know. Nate is not that good to be honest lol, he's likely to get sparked.

People who keep saying Nate is stronger than Conor... I think you'd be surprised.

I am rooting for Nate, just because I want 2

you don't know what you're talking about if you're talking Nate having no gas tank. He trains year round, it's his lifestyle, he's a gym rat and exercise addict. His camps are for technical training and he just had a great one for MJ 2 months ago. And he was just in a camp with teammate Joe Schilling

Last edited:
I have Conor winning this and I am rooting for him for sure but Nate is no joke for anyone.

Nate has no training camp

He will last one round and be gassed

I hope not but the way i see it will similar to the mendes fight, where you get the Strong impression that if Mendes were trained he would beat conor.

Gonna be funny to see 90% of Sherdog abandon McGregor when he loses.
I honestly doubt the fans he has now will leave him unless he gets KO'd in 13 seconds or gets KO'd clowning. From what I can tell his fans like him bc he's a throw back that'll fight anyone at anytime at any weight.

The weight dynamic changes things considerably. That with Nate's chin, reach, and cardio (which you hyperbolically downplay) make this very interesting. I'm not doubting mcgregor's ability to KTFO Nate, but give the guy's opponent a little credit.
this. I do believe Conor will win but Nate definetly poses some unique challenges to Conor. Nate doesn't strike me as a guy who just chills on the couch between fights. I think his cardio will be ok. Nate's a tough fight for just about anyone.

Back