why I think GSP is cool to watch

This is laughable at best.

Oce GSP is in someones guard, you won't be able to count to 15 seconds before he passes guard.

GSP is extremely active on the ground.

He passes guard so he can do what?

Let his opponent take guard so he can pass it again?

Laying on top of a guy for 25 minutes!="ass whooping"

2ia4lea.jpg

He passes guard so he can do what?

Let his opponent take guard so he can pass it again?

This^

GSP gameplan 101: pass guard, pass half guard, pass side control, mount, let opponent get back to side control, let opponent get back to guard, pass guard, pass half guard, pass side control, mount, let opponent get back to side control, let opponent get back to guard, rinse and repeat until time runs out.

For me it's easy to appreciate how great he is. On the other hand it's hard to find him exciting. I was jumping out of my seat when Condit booted him in the head and GSP dropped. That's kinda bad when that was the highlight of that fight.His fights are more predictable than anyother champion by far and away and thhat isn't very exciting for me.

I think it's likely that GSP will never finish another fighter as champion for the rest of his career. I could see him losing, and coming back strong against his next opponent though. Short of that I just don't see it happening. Dan Hardy didn't belong in the same organization as GSP, let alone the same ring. I just can't invision a better scenario for GSP than a guy who's ground game consisted of training off his back with Matt Serra for 2 weeks.

Andy's opponents try not to lose. Doesn't help them.

No they usually go right at him, playing straight into his counter puncher style. GSP is almost never backing up, his opponents are because he has the best offensive jab in mma.

Jab,jab,jab, superman punch *miss, takedown, control rest of round

I think it's likely that GSP will never finish another fighter as champion for the rest of his career. I could see him losing, and coming back strong against his next opponent though. Short of that I just don't see it happening. Dan Hardy didn't belong in the same organization as GSP, let alone the same ring. I just can't invision a better scenario for GSP than a guy who's ground game consisted of training off his back with Matt Serra for 2 weeks.

According to your predictions history, your predictions doesn't mean shit.

I can't wait for the welterweight division to be exciting again after he finally loses.

GSP is amongst the best fighters there ever was.

Not everyone has to like him though.

According to your predictions history, your predictions doesn't mean shit.

I assume you're referring to one fight 4 years ago? Or can you provide another?

Get over it already kid.

Strong retort as usual, btw

The GSP vs Jake Shields bout wasn't so good because GSP got poked in the eye and kept trying the wild overhand rights and missing. His corner should have told him to do a wider variety of strikes like Crocop does in his flurries, which is way better than Chuck vs. Tito 1.

This^

GSP gameplan 101: pass guard, pass half guard, pass side control, mount, let opponent get back to side control, let opponent get back to guard, pass guard, pass half guard, pass side control, mount, let opponent get back to side control, let opponent get back to guard, rinse and repeat until time runs out.

The one recent fight I thought he fought good in was against KOS.

Laying on top of a guy for 25 minutes!="ass whooping"

Do you GSP haters have 'GSP lay n pray" blah blah blah copied, ready to paste in his threads?

GSP is a legend, one of, if not the greatest ever.

I love seeing the haters come out with their predictable one line.

I agree with you TS.

This^

Except that hasn't happened pretty much ever in any of his fights, which only reinforces the notion you don't watch mma.

Back