why I think GSP is cool to watch

Mouloudo

Blue Belt
Reaction score
Hello everyone, just a little thread to share my philosphy about GSP and have your feedback.

Personnaly, I prefer a 5 round ass whooping than a knock out 30 seconds into the fight... seems like a lot of UFC fans crave for finishes, but training MMA I love to see GSP puting on a clinic on his opponents with his wonderfull abilities... of course I love KO's too, but I dont think GSP is boring cause he's so technical a quick knockout would prevent the enthusiasts from seeing his technic.

Plus GSP did have finishes, but I admit he hasn't been able to finish a fight lately

Hello everyone, just a little thread to share my philosphy about GSP and have your feedback.

Personnaly, I prefer a 5 round ass whooping than a knock out 30 seconds into the fight... seems like a lot of UFC fans crave for finishes, but training MMA I love to see GSP puting on a clinic on his opponents with his wonderfull abilities... of course I love KO's too, but I dont think GSP is boring cause he's so technical a quick knockout would prevent the enthusiasts from seeing his technic.

Plus GSP did have finishes, but I admit he hasn't been able to finish a fight lately

Laying on top of a guy for 25 minutes!="ass whooping"

He's one of the best ever. He does not lay and pray, he dominates. Anyone who thinks GSP is a boring lay and prayer, or even worse, not one of the best fighters alive should go back to WWE.

agree. he is fun to watch

He is technical, technically boring too sometimes.

GSP is probably the only champion right now that has continuously faced the strongest competition. Even Hardy earned his way to the shot.

That being said, he fights guys that can beat him and therefore may have to fight smart to win - even in the condit fight he got caught and came close to losing.

GSP kicks ass.

bottom line is he needs to finish a fight soon. i dont care how good he is or how well respected he is, no ufc champ (and p4p great) goes 5 years without finishing a fight

I love watching GSP fights but I also think he needs to work harder for finishes.Not fight like an idiot but just go for it a little more.

show me one fight where gsp isn't actively attacking his opponent? you cant can you? please stfu

shields = lay and pray
sonnen = lay and pray
couture = lay and pray

He's one of the best ever. He does not lay and pray, he dominates. Anyone who thinks GSP is a boring lay and prayer, or even worse, not one of the best fighters alive should go back to WWE.

that's what I think too! he "ragdolls" them, and I think he has problem finishing them because most of them go into " foetus mode" and since they dont try anything on him he can't catch them in a submission or whatever.
Anyway if you ever trained MMA or have a technical eye on the whole thing, GSP is just caviar for the eyes, it's hard not to admire his technical repertoire

show me one fight where gsp isn't actively attacking his opponent? you cant can you? please stfu

shields = lay and pray
sonnen = lay and pray
couture = lay and pray

Hardy and Shields. Those are the worst ones, the ones the journalists always talk about. When he failed to get the armbar on Hardy it was clear how much time he devotes to perfecting TDs versus finishing armbars.

shields = lay and pray
sonnen = lay and pray
couture = lay and pray

GSP "attacking" his opponents only happens every few fights. He mostly does enough not to be stood up. He is a fight genius and will have very little long term head trauma after his fight career is over.

Not to mention out of all the guys he has decisioned how many times have those guys been finished. Koschek thiago hardy condit sheilds. Not that many. It's not like lhw and hw

Someone who obviously doesn't watch GSP's fights I don't think he has ever lay and prayed and not attempted ground and pound and not took risks on the ground that could allow for scrambles to happen.

Hardy and Shields. Those are the worst ones, the ones the journalists always talk about. When he failed to get the armbar on Hardy it was clear how much time he devotes to perfecting TDs versus finishing armbars.

He never took shields down once. That fight was a complete stand up fight.

Sure, because finishing Hughes by arm bar was something any novice could do.

He never took shields down once. That fight was a complete stand up fight.

Correct. Look at the post to which I'm responding. The question was about fights in which, "gsp isn't actively attacking his opponent"

Back