why I think GSP is cool to watch

Laying on top of a guy for 25 minutes!="ass whooping"
fitch_after_gsp.jpg

bj-penn-damage.jpg

josh-koscheck-eye.png

Yeah, because GSP is notorious for leaving his opponents unscathed.

fitch_after_gsp.jpg

bj-penn-damage.jpg

josh-koscheck-eye.png

Yeah, because GSP is notorious for leaving his opponents unscathed.

typical GSP fanboys using the wrong photo, I'm talking about the BJ photo. I'm sure you knew that was from the Diaz fight but used it anyways hoping nobody would notice.

typical GSP fanboys using the wrong photo, I'm talking about the BJ photo. I'm sure you knew that was from the Diaz fight but used it anyways hoping nobody would notice.

GSP was planing to really bring the pain the next round but BJ could not handle Georges riddim and quit.

GSP was planing to really bring the pain the next round but BJ could not handle Georges riddim and quit.

just like gsp fiinshed a one-eyed koscheck for 4 straight rounds.

just like gsp made hardy quit after being on top for the majority of the fight.

just like gsp made alves quit after dry humping him for 5 rounds.

point is, bj's corner finished the fight, not gsp. If it was up to gsp, he would've coasted to yet another lackluster decision. If gsp had a 1% chance of losing, that is a chance gsp is not willing to take.

because you see all his hard work pay off, not with a flash finish, but with a taxing 25 minute display of domination

No none of those guys quit due to the asskicking Georges was handing them.
That distinction is BJs alone.

Laying on top of a guy for 25 minutes!="ass whooping"
yes, GSP's style is domination, not lay n' pray

whenever a fighter walks into that cage, they have to be fully prepared to take everything that the other fighter has for them, wether that be good striking, dominant wrestling, dangerous subs, long lasting cardio, a crazy chin or whatever.

It's GSP's opponents jobs to develop a sufficient TDD to resists GSP's takedowns, but they can't. Why? because GSP is so good at it that he merely outclasses them at everything he does.
GSP's enemies don't like being on bottom, but he keeps them there and makes them stay there, wether they want to or not, he simply shuts down any chance they have of fighting back and makes them helpless.
Now that's what I call domination, taking away all hopes of victory for your opponent and outclassing them everywhere

point is, bj's corner finished the fight, not gsp. If it was up to gsp, he would've coasted to yet another lackluster decision. If gsp had a 1% chance of losing, that is a chance gsp is not willing to take.

Trolling the waters again I see.

5+ years without a finish.

BORING.

5+ years without a finish.

BORING.

personally ... after waiting 6-18 months for GSP to fight, I would much rather watch a 25 minute MMA clinic from the master than have a quick stoppage. As a fan and practitioner of the sport I enjoy watching 2 fighters pit their skill and technique against each other.
You can learn a lot watching GSP over the grueling course of 5 rounds.

I suppose the entertainment factor favors KO's and early stoppages, but that's the concern of promoters who seek the attention of casual fans ...and fans who watch MMA to be entertained.

Personnaly, I prefer a 5 round ass whooping than a knock out 30 seconds into the fight.

Same here. In a way, you get more for your money. It rather see an extra 4 rounds of fighting than 20 minutes of played-out, redundant commentary.

Another thing, GSP appears to me to be the best/most dominant wrestler in UFC history. Amazing for a guy who never had any formal collegiate-style wrestling training prior to joining the UFC.

Athletically, GSP is on par with sporting greats like Jim Thorpe, Jim Brown, Ty Cobb, Adrian Peterson, Michael Jordan, etc.

personally ... after waiting 6-18 months for GSP to fight, I would much rather watch a 25 minute MMA clinic from the master than have a quick stoppage. As a fan and practitioner of the sport I enjoy watching 2 fighters pit their skill and technique against each other.
You can learn a lot watching GSP over the grueling course of 5 rounds.

I suppose the entertainment factor favors KO's and early stoppages, but that's the concern of promoters who seek the attention of casual fans ...and fans who watch MMA to be entertained.

Liking a decisive finish does not make you any less of a MMA fan.

It's like a lollipop. You're the type that likes to lick and lick and lick and lick and lick it all away.

I like to bite it and chew it.

Anderson can do 5 rounds of dancing around the octagon if he wanted to, putting on a boxing clinic on everyone. It would make GSP look absolutely ridiculous with his "dominant decision" style. Look what happens when Anderson doesn't finish, he gets shit on. It's expected of him to finish because he is that much of a boss.

GSP is just a scaredy cat. That's all it really is in my eyes. A person with no killer instinct, taking the safe way out.

Hey... if you like it that's all good. I don't.

Back