Why I think GOD isn't real...

Originally posted by The evil Japanese
it is only natural that a human wants to grab on to something in darkness. I guess I am blind in this case.

quite the contrary, you are enlightened and dont need this comfort blanket that is religion

to all those ppl who posted on this thread and dont believe in a religion, let me ask you something:

what do you think will happen when you die?

Originally posted by drunk boxer
to all those ppl who posted on this thread and dont believe in a religion, let me ask you something:

Good question. I dont know.
What do you think? and if you know for sure, how can be so sure about it? If you dont know it for sure, whats the point of believing?

Originally posted by The evil Japanese

Good question. I dont know.
What do you think? and if you know for sure, how can be so sure about it? If you dont know it for sure, whats the point of believing?

what i believe? if i dont commit a mortal sin, i believe that i will go to heaven and be with God. this is what I truly believe, that this will happen.

how can i be so sure about it? its called faith, not the gay limp bizkit cover of george michael, no,

I HAVE FAITH. I BELIEVE. I BELIEVE IN GOD.

faith is something that you MUST have, u must always have faith, if u dont have it for a religion, u dont have it for anything else. like having faith for ur partner and not cheating on them.

i have faith with and for god that i will not "cheat" on him by not believing in him.

Jesus's death and ressurection was corroborated by several independent witnesses and subsequently logged historically in seperate and independant texts wich compiled into the bible. How did he " work" that?
No true Christian people or organization would support fascist dominance of other cultures or races. Those incidences are all abuses and perversions of true Christianity. It is an improper leap of logic to associate all Christians and Jesus with the dogmatic fallout of religious abuses.
No one ever claimed that God was created from nothing! Scientists are right now trying to claim that our universe was created from nothing. We cannot even adequately explain our own creation, let alone Gods. This is also a fallacious leap of logic, or " pretzel logic" to claim that the two assumptions are remotely related.
Finally, I would never accuse anyone of being blind for not seeing things the same as me. I am only stating what is abundantly clear to me thru research and life's experiences. I am always open to your opinions as that is another venue of legitimate knowledge for me to share.

it still can be worked, independent witnesses arnt always reliable and he may never have been dead in the first place. We never know.

On the other hand is it better to have faith and be dissapointed or not have faith and be enlightened.

Fuck me...I was led to believe that the collective IQ of this entire forum was on par with a cockroaches, judging by the responses I am so totally and utterly wrong.

Jesus's death and ressurection was corroborated by several independent witnesses and subsequently logged historically in seperate and independant texts wich compiled into the bible. How did he " work" that?

David Copperfield performs his tricks in front of hundred, sometimes thousands of spectators...how does he manage that?

faith is something that you MUST have, u must always have faith, if u dont have it for a religion, u dont have it for anything else. like having faith for ur partner and not cheating on them.

Hang on drunkboxer, are you saying that if you don't believe in religion, about a higher being, that you can't believe in other things in our life? If that's what you're saying I totally and utterly cannot agree - I have faith that my hardwork and endless hours of studying will eventually pay off, I have faith that my partner would be committed to me, I have faith that Brazil will win the World Cup, etc etc.

I just don't see how faith in a religion equates to faith in other aspects to life, or vice versa.

Personally, I think that when we die, regardless of our actions in life the outcome will be the same for everyone, we will return to the earth and nothing more, we will be a memory kept alive by those who loved us and by those who knew us.

This is a hard stance imo, its a view FEW people want to embrace, and that IMO is the very reason why the belief of religion and an afterlife has come about - to soften the emotional impact that death will have. It is easier to believe that someone is "up in heaven with God" rather than "dead in the ground, the end off the journey".

I hope I'm wrong, but that is how i see it, which is why I try to live my life to the fullest, because i believe this is the only existence I will ever have.

The big bang assumes you can create something from nothing wich is so unscientific

Okay then, I know there are holes in the big bang theory, but how about the theory that God created everything? How did He come about before He existed? There is no satisfactory explanation by either, but I personally believe in the scientific explanation simply because science, rather than religion has proven much more things to me.

Nobody goes to hell for their sins.....you go to hell for not accepting God

Read what Sauron said, I totally agree with his point of view and cannot elaborate any further.

I believe he will come back soon and all of these nonbelievers will be left behind after the rapture. If you die without Christ in your heart, you go to hell

Well, actually Acadamia, instead of being a bible basher without actually knowing the facts, maybe you should go back and read the bible, like I have on numerous occasion. Jesus (I actually believe he or someone like him existed) was a compassionate individual who often loved those who were outcasts, those on the fringe of society, even non believers and the sinful.

If God DOES exist, I don't believe that a supreme being of this nature would judge people on WHAT they believe, but on HOW they conducted their lives. There are as many good non-believers with the correct morals and values as there are Christians, and there are as many hypocritical christians as there are non-believers.

In the end if God did exist, he would imo accept those who lived a good well spent life, even if they did not believe in him. He would also reject those who have god in their heart but the devil in thier actions.

- magic

Real, as in reality, is a matter of perception. Define reality and you can call yourself god.

Originally posted by FightTilYouDie
Real, as in reality, is a matter of perception. Define reality and you can call yourself god.

Are you implying that YOU are god? How rude.

- m

so who is ur creator shidokan?
Mum and Dad are my creators thru the grace of God. Jesus is My salvation.
This is an awesome thread! It is great to have reasonable and inteligent intercourse on this topic. Most of the time these topics get heated and out of control. Thanks guys.

Originally posted by shidokanartist

Mum and Dad are my creators thru the grace of God. Jesus is My salvation.
This is an awesome thread! It is great to have reasonable and inteligent intercourse on this topic. Most of the time these topics get heated and out of control. Thanks guys.

I CANNOT agree with you more, shido.

- m

believe in a religion has nothing to do weather you believe in a higher source being or not... you can still believe in "heaven" without the need to believe that a priest is closer to God then you are.

Do people out there actually believe that if there is a good person who lives right, with love and kindness but does not practice "their" particular religion then this person is bound to go to hell and the person who does practice the religion can be sketchy and hypocrite but since he goes to mass on Sunday his heaven is automatically his?.... I think that is a bunch of shite... I think its arrogant to believe that all the people that are like you will be saved.... how pompous and egotistical to believe to know the truth and to be better than the rest

Originally posted by Kato

believe in a religion has nothing to do weather you believe in a higher source being or not... you can still believe in "heaven" without the need to believe that a priest is closer to God then you are.

Do people out there actually believe that if there is a good person who lives right, with love and kindness but does not practice "their" particular religion then this person is bound to go to hell and the person who does practice the religion can be sketchy and hypocrite but since he goes to mass on Sunday his heaven is automatically his?.... I think that is a bunch of shite... I think its arrogant to believe that all the people that are like you will be saved.... how pompous and egotistical to believe to know the truth and to be better than the rest

I believe in a higher source, I believe that we are all energy...all living things. I believe in free will and lack of judgement to others. I believe there is no such thing as being wrong or right since the

Originally posted by Kato
I believe in a higher source, I believe that we are all energy...all living things. I believe in free will and lack of judgement to others. I believe there is no such thing as being wrong or right since the

Originally posted by Magic Man

I TOTALLY feel your point of view - my thoughts in your post.

THAT is what I think is SO wrong with many religions nowadays, the compelling need of followers to impose their system of belief on other people. Kato, you nailed it right on the fuckin head with that.

- m

Its like that comment before about the Spaniards coming to the new world to spread the word of God!...for crying outloud they were awful people. They would rape the local women, and hurt them physically if they were caught adoring other "Gods" instead of Jesus... This is why today in age we have Santeria...African slaves would take catholic images (statues of Jesus, Mary and all the other 3000 saints) and they would change their wardrobes to make them different from the regular ones and they would name each one with their own "gods" name and they would still hold their rituals, difference was that if they got caught by the Spaniards, they would not be punished....

Please... I wish people would sit down and investigate things before they opened their mouths... the nasty, horrible things these men did in the name of God is unmentionable

as i said religious fashism is the most prevalent kind, just look to saudi arabia and see what there regime does.

Seems like we win:)

faith and religion do not have to go hand in hand

Back