Why hasn’t USA developed its own martial art and relies on using other countries martial arts?

Your post made my point. He said the US has no history. The US has a comparatively short history but has added a lot to the world.

Dismissing statements due to hyperbole is problematic.

Ah, we're just approaching the term differently. By "no history" I mean "no length of history," but you mean "no quality of history." On that point, I definitely agree with you; the USA has enough history for several countries if we're looking at it from that perspective.

Boxing, wrestling??

LOL, OP has lost it. Two of the biggest disciplines in modern MMA are wrestling and western boxing. If you are good at both of those, you get a DC.

Rules are made for the sport not for the style. MMA is not a martial art, which is why the first M for "mixed". But hey if you wanna disagree that's your choice. It doesn't matter anyway.

The style came about because of the sport and the rules.

For such a great country why does USA rely on Brazil, Japan, Thailand etc.?

Tell that to the Asians who immigrated to the USA and setting up chopsoky schools, teaching White people to make a living.

lol martial arts

youth-gangs-1_3862.jpg

gangstas.jpg

3-39-990x734.jpg

96696460-one-family.jpg

LOL

That no smoking sign behind a group of dudes holding automatic weapons.

Whats more American than that?

Im gonna think outside the box.

How about backyard wrestling, slap boxing, thumb wrestling or arm wrestling?

America rules by the gun, not the fist. The rest of the world is still waging war in the Stoneage

I recall a few styles i believe were created in the u.s..kajukenbo,jailhouse rock,American kempo and chun kuk do by Chuck Norris

Judo was a mixed martial art bound to a set of rules. Is that not a style either?

What if we called it Americana instead of MMA? Semantics. MMA can be its own style. It can also be a blended art that is a combination of styles too.

Back