Why GSP goat will die out soon.

My lasting memory of GSP is watching him jump in and out of side control vs Dan Hardy for 5 rounds landing rabbit punches and feinting the side choke.

I was an original GSP fan (still like him as a person, just not a fighter) but the Hardy fight was the straw that broke the camel's back for me -- ultimate play-it-safer GSP refusing to pass beyond side control or attempt meaningful gnp on a completely gassed and helpless Dan Hardy was just disgusting.

GSP will never be a serious candidate in GOAT talks due to his alarming lack of killer instinct.

As all of the millennials grow up and out of the sport of mma, we will be replaced by the newer generations that may not have gone through the UFC late Middle Ages where GSP defended the WW title.

It was an impressive run, he took on the best WW’s in the world and didn’t duck any deserving number 1 contender.

That being said, our society is now much less patient than it used to be because technology allows us to instantaneously research a fighter’s wiki fight record and videos of him/her fighting.

That being said GSP might be the wiki champion of all time. An impressive record with maybe only Khabib threatening it with 0 losses rather than GSP’s 2. But with further analysis into the wiki of each goat fighter, many will see that GSP retired at 32 when many consider that their “prime”. Other goat fighters such as Anderson, Fedor and Aldo continued to fight well past their “prime” years and that is where they accrued most of their losses. By simple deduction, a person can see that if GSP continued to fight he would probably sufferer the same losses. Especially considering GSP’s last controversial fight with Hendricks which he immediately retired from the sport. The performance enhancing drugs of Anderson was when he suffered a catastrophic leg break well past his prime. Jones used peds when he was still young so it’s less excusable. So ped use once you are in your mid to late 30’s is more understandable if you wish to compete at the highest level rather than retire.

GSP never was caught for peds, though he only fought 1 fight under USADA. So that is a good thing for him even though a little extra research from an mma casual will reveal that GSP cherry picked his 1 USADA fight with an old veteran who was on his way out.

The biggest problem for GSP goat sayers is that he doesn’t have a good highlight reel. Going back to one of my original points, if you research GSP then you have his wiki and his videos. GSP while winning most rounds during his impressive title defense was never able to produce any significant footage of a fight being stopped. He nullified opponents and won rounds which is hard to encapsulate in a Short video for the new generations watching mma. It was “boring” and methodical rather than daring and ferocious. Nobody goes back and watches GSP out jab and wrestle control other fighters for the victory.

So while the wiki stat sheet looks good with all the W, the YouTube generation is not impressed by his performance.

Have you seen millennials? How can you deduce they gonna just grow up?

You were only talking about one particular situation. And even as a mega fan I agree that I wanted the Anderson Silva fight as well. But that is not something that can be held against him for his entire career. You can’t point to anything else. You realize he won the middleweight championship when he was significantly past his prime. I mean he was way past his prime. 36 Years old, coming off a four-year layoff, and two major ACL surgeries.

There's tons of things I always mention in these threads but I figured most would be intelligent enough to know what I'm referring to, but you're not one of them I guess. The retiring in his prime to duck a rematch against Big Rigg who most people believe he lost to, the inability to finish his fights in his supposed "best streak of opponents ever" even though he beat no All time Greats who were in their prime and his size(Hughes was past it, Penn was a LW Great) and ducking Silva as you mentioned, the ducking of the WW champs when he was making his comeback, the continued cherry picking in other weight classes and avoiding Woodley who is becoming one of the best WW champs etc.

GSP in reality, is not even in the top 5 All time greats if you really pick him apart so the GOAT claims are silly. He did have his dominant run and beat everyone he faced so he gets that, but the GOAT he is not. Sad thing is, he had a real shot at it. He quit when he was only 32. That's the start of many guys' primes. He was too scared to, like I said, take risks. He didn't go for it. Jon Jones tried but fucked himself, others became too old or weren't good enough. GSP? He was just scared. Sad.

Last edited:
The weight class was not the "strongest in the world". That's a marketing device to attract audience to the smaller weight classes during 2008 and so on. Nobody cares about WWs at the time, LHW and HW were the big draws.

He went through several subpar opponents, never managed to finish most of them (in fact, between 2009 and 2017 he only finished the cherry picked Bisping).

So, why should he be side by side with the likes of Fedor, Jones and Silva?

So not finishing every opponent automatically disqualifies you for being a top 5-er all time?
Let's forget about khabib then ??????

You lost me at jones, since no one will be side by side with jones. Jones isn't even worth mentioning as a fighter, he's a cheater and always will be.

There's tons of things I always mention in these threads but I figured most would be intelligent enough to know what I'm referring to, but you're not one of them I guess. The retiring in his prime to duck a rematch against Big Rigg who most people believe he lost to, the inability to finish his fights in his supposed "best streak of opponents ever" even though he beat no All time Greats who were in their prime and his size(Hughes was past it, Penn was a LW Great) and ducking Silva as you mentioned, the ducking of the WW champs when he was making his comeback, the continued cherry picking in other weight classes and avoiding Woodley who is becoming one of the best WW champs etc.

GSP in reality, is not even in the top 5 All time greats if you really pick him apart so the GOAT claims are idiotic. He did have his dominant run and beat everyone he faced so he gets that, but the GOAT he is not. Sad thing is, he had a real shot at it. He quit when he was only 32. That's the start of many guys' primes. He was to scared to, like I said, take risks. He didn't go for it. Jon Jones tried but fucked himself, others became too old. GSP? He was just scared. Sad.
Easy to make assumptions like you do from behind your PC..... Too scared? lol

Khabib, GSP, Silva. Jones, Fedor

5 kings

he didn’t take risks to finish fights was my first problem with him. The Bisping fight had a lot of uncertainty so I consider that a risk. He was awesome for finishing Bisping.

But then again it was Bisping and people who act like GSP was a MW world beater was an insult to any fan with a brain. Dropping the belt when faced vs Whittaker I did any risk and momentum he gained from fighting the old and 1 eyed Bisping (KO’d and retired by a WW Gastelum)

So not finishing every opponent automatically disqualifies you for being a top 5-er all time?
Let's forget about khabib then ??????

You lost me at jones, since no one will be side by side with jones. Jones isn't even worth mentioning as a fighter, he's a cheater and always will be.

yep

There's tons of things I always mention in these threads but I figured most would be intelligent enough to know what I'm referring to, but you're not one of them I guess.

Oh excuse me. I didn’t realize you were so fucking famous around these parts when It came to your genius level opinions on certain subjects.

The retiring in his prime to duck a rematch against Big Rigg who most people believe he lost to, the inability to finish his fights in his supposed "best streak of opponents ever" even though he beat no All time Greats who were in their prime and his size(Hughes was past it, Penn was a LW Great) and ducking Silva as you mentioned, the ducking of the WW champs when he was making his comeback, the continued cherry picking in other weight classes and avoiding Woodley who is becoming one of the best WW champs etc.

WW was stacked with talent when GSP was on top, a far better division that what it is today.

Hughes was the champ when he whooped that ass.. So you don't get away with the past your prime argument.
Penn- In his prime and a HOF fighter
Diaz-In his prime and a HOF fighter
Shields- In his prime and a HOF fighter..
Bisping at MW- Another HOF fighter
Condit was a tremendous fighter in his prime. He beat prime Diaz.
Fitch had a great run in the UFC, and was on a huge winning streak when GSP shut him down..
Alves was a wrecking machine at the time and he got shut down..
Hendricks was taking enough Roids to choke an elephant. He lost a close one to GSP. Cry me a river fat ass..

GSP in reality, is not even in the top 5 All time greats if you really pick him apart so the GOAT claims are silly. He did have his dominant run and beat everyone he faced so he gets that, but the GOAT he is not. Sad thing is, he had a real shot at it. He quit when he was only 32. That's the start of many guys' primes. He was too scared to, like I said, take risks. He didn't go for it. Jon Jones tried but fucked himself, others became too old or weren't good enough. GSP? He was just scared. Sad.

By age 23 GSP was already on his way to greatness. By age 25 he was a champion. But from age 25-32 he fought in the UFC 15 times. Losing only once and he avenged the loss. 14-1 record winning 12 world title fights in that span. Then he takes 4 years off and moves up to win the MW belt. That is the resume of a potential GOAT buddy boy.. Deal with it..

My lasting memory of GSP is watching him jump in and out of side control vs Dan Hardy for 5 rounds landing rabbit punches and feinting the side choke.

I was an original GSP fan (still like him as a person, just not a fighter) but the Hardy fight was the straw that broke the camel's back for me -- ultimate play-it-safer GSP refusing to pass beyond side control or attempt meaningful gnp on a completely gassed and helpless Dan Hardy was just disgusting.

GSP will never be a serious candidate in GOAT talks due to his alarming lack of killer instinct.
In Condit´s words (about Hardy): "I jus dont know....how this dude...got here..."

Oh excuse me. I didn’t realize you were so fucking famous around these parts when It came to your genius level opinions on certain subjects.

Well you should have, it's embarrassing that you were clueless about that fact. You should be ashamed of yourself for that and being a GSP nuthugger in late 2018 after the MW scam he ran.

WW was stacked with talent when GSP was on top, a far better division that what it is today.

It had talent but no All Time Greats. Do you know the term All Time Great, my petty little child? NONE of the fighters you just mentioned were All Time Greats(And calling them "Hall of famers" is a sad attempt at elevating them to make your idol look better). GSP has one of the weakest resumes out there, just completely overrated.

Hughes was the champ when he whooped that ass.. So you don't get away with the past your prime argument.

Hughes was the only ATG he faced, Hughes schooled GSP when he was in his prime. He only lost to GSP when he was past it. Not by a lot, but it's widely known. You don't have the brain capacity to realize that.

And Penn was a LW that he bullied with his size advantage. That is, after the first fight where he almost lost to that smaller man. If GSP fought another Great fighter like Woodley he would look ordinary again, most likely lose too.

And spare me the numbers game please, all inflated and manipulated stats, always the same with nerdy canadian GSP fanboys.

GOATs take risks. GSP is the ultimate play it safer.

Well you should have, it's embarrassing that you were clueless about that fact. You should be ashamed of yourself for that and being a GSP nuthugger in late 2018 after the MW scam he ran.

It had talent but no All Time Greats. Do you know the term All Time Great, my petty little child? NONE of the fighters you just mentioned were All Time Greats(And calling them "Hall of famers" is a sad attempt at elevating them to make your idol look better). GSP has one of the weakest resumes out there, just completely overrated.

Hughes was the only ATG he faced, Hughes schooled GSP when he was in his prime. He only lost to GSP when he was past it. Not by a lot, but it's widely known. You don't have the brain capacity to realize that.

And Penn was a LW that he bullied with his size advantage. That is, after the first fight where he almost lost to that smaller man. If GSP fought another Great fighter like Woodley he would look ordinary again, most likely lose too.

And spare me the numbers game please, all inflated and manipulated stats, always the same with nerdy canadian GSP fanboys.

^this needs to be posted in every GSP fanboy thread.
@Perrichet @ThunderStruck

But with further analysis into the wiki of each goat fighter, many will see that GSP retired at 32 when many consider that their “prime”. Other goat fighters such as Anderson, Fedor and Aldo continued to fight well past their “prime” years and that is where they accrued most of their losses.

That argument makes no sense considering GSP at 32 years old has a better resume than these other guys at 32 years. Even without their late career losses GSP has a better resume. And then he came back at 36 and beat the champ of a higher weight class.

That argument makes no sense considering GSP at 32 years old has a better resume than these other guys at 32 years. Even without their late career losses GSP has a better resume. And then he came back at 36 and beat the champ of a higher weight class.
One dimensional fighters and LWs.

GSP is better than all of those, with exception of fedor perhaps.

Back