• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Why giving Cody Garbrandt an immediate rematch is a terrible idea.

That said, if Cody loses a 2nd time he's stuck in JDS, Benavidez, soon to be Boogeywoman territory.
Wonderboy lives in that neighborhood as well.

although, if he fights and beats Till, i don't see how they could deny him a 3rd fight with Woodley even though no one wants to see it.

Garbrandt and Dillashaw is pretty much the best fight in MMA to make. Both in terms of style and the fact that they are so evenly matched.

Waiting to make that rematch is a disservice to MMA fans.

that's exactly how I feel. the fight couldn't have been more even

18 to 20 sig strikes
both guys knocked each other down
one was able to finish, the other wasn't
all inside of two rounds

i wanna see that shit one to two more times for sure. i was pissed the first ended so early

Holy shit tj is not 32

Edit: Holy shit he is. Time flies

that's exactly how I feel. the fight couldn't have been more even

18 to 20 sig strikes
both guys knocked each other down
one was able to finish, the other wasn't
all inside of two rounds

i wanna see that shit one to two more times for sure. i was pissed the first ended so early

I edit my post to include the video of what I'm talking about too.

https://www.google.com/search?ie=UT...ser&q=Garbrandt+punches+dillashsaw+arm+reddit

Click the first link if interested in watching.

That stroke of bad luck ended the fight for Cody when it could have been the end for TJ lol.

That fight came down to about an inch.

A champ lost his first defense by KO. Enough said. Immediate rematches are effing stupid more times than not

ok rose/jj but jj was a pretty decently longtime defending champ.. plus, who else right now

woodley/wonderboy was a close fight... were talking about instant rematches that werent close

and tj/cody isnt even scheduled

i find it strange ppl come up with stuff like this.. i get it, since sometimes fights that are scheduled and then cancelled are often somewhere inside skewing things a bit
I can't immediately remember what they were, but there was definitely a couple that were announced and scheduled but then fell through due to injury. My point is that the UFC loves to make immediate rematches, even if they don't ultimately come to fruition. Didn't they want to have Cain/Werdum run it back right after Werdum won too? Maybe Ronda/Holly as well? The one I do remember is they made Frankie beat BJ twice in a row too.

I can't immediately remember what they were, but there was definitely a couple that were announced and scheduled but then fell through due to injury. My point is that the UFC loves to make immediate rematches, even if they don't ultimately come to fruition. Didn't they want to have Cain/Werdum run it back right after Werdum won too? Maybe Ronda/Holly as well? The one I do remember is they made Frankie beat BJ twice in a row too.
yea, frankie vs penn was controversial, not one sided.

instant rematches after getting a decisive finish ARE rare

yea, frankie vs penn was controversial, not one sided.

instant rematches after getting a decisive finish ARE rare
Controversial if you didn't watch the fight, or think MMA judges are actually qualified, maybe.

I'd flat out refuse if I was TJ. He lost a super close split to Cruz and they made him fight 2 tough ass dudes before fighting for the belt again. Or I'd make them double my salary, and guarantee me a rematch if I lose.

nobody deserves it more than cody
goofy dude, great fighter

Back