Why get a dog?

i plan on getting a dog pretty soon, probably gonna get a collie

09225105125327_1.jpg

32.png

I dog sat a mini collie for a week a month ago. Total chick magnet, but God damn does it shed.

If I was going to get a dog, the breed would be based around shedding. I really want an Australian shepherd, but I'm sure that's a heavy shedder too.

Dogs are just awesome.

What I love the most is the sharp contrast between them and us humans. The unconditional love and unquestionable trust.

I wish we were more like that.

I would only get a dog if I was lonely and had no life. Ain't nobody got time for dogs!

Dog of 11 years was put down after she had cancer. Did not wait too long to get a black lab/chow mix

chessie1_zps58d99857.jpg

Goddamn TS, sucking me in with the thread title then unloading both barrels of the feels on me.

I have had longtime pets die on me and it's brutal. No dogs, thanks. That'd be like losing a frigging kid.

That's rough, you got me. Tell your story and then follow it up with your pup looking right into the camera, the feeeeels!!

My gf just went through that with her cats. She had two male cats since they were kittens, 14 years old. They were like kids to her, then the one brother had cancer in his nose, was always sneezing. Had to put him down. The other brother is still going strong.
But the first few weeks were rough, any little noise and he would perk up thinking it was his brother, that was hard to see.

I am very sorry to hear that. I thought my cat was a goner, on my birthday of all days. He pulled through and made it, but I was in the dumps for a solid week. Grieve properly then get a puppy(or better yet, a kitten).

I am very sorry to hear that. I thought my cat was a goner, on my birthday of all days. He pulled through and made it, but I was in the dumps for a solid week. Grieve properly then get a puppy(or better yet, a kitten).

I love my 2 cats, also cats seem to live longer than the dogs ive had in my life. Also i don't get as attached to cats as i do dogs. I still love my fat domestic and my maine **** like they are my catbabies lol

RIP, sorry to hear that. It always sucks. My dog is getting old, he's 10 now but he's still healthy, but his day will come not too long. I've actually been thinking about this recently because last week I had a doctors appointment, and I noticed in his office he had all these pictures of his family. There was a golden retriever in some of them, and then there was a picture of the dog by itself. I was thinking, I wanna have a nice pic of my boy we can remember him by hanging on the wall when he's gone. So me and my kids were going through all old pics we have of us with him and him by himself, deciding which ones we could use. Found 2 perfect ones, one with the four of us and one of him by himself, I guess he was around 5 at the time and in his glory, just the perfect way to remember him.

i have had dogs before, i just haven't had one recently. Im looking for a medium size dog, that doesn't requite a massive amount of work (example huskies are a pain), I will of course walk it multiple times a day and i love to play with dogs. So im just looking for a good size dog that likes attention, also i don't mind shedding, it needs to get along with my cats to lol. So far a collie is a top pick, but im still looking

Collies are definitely top notch. My ex-girlfriend in college had a Sheltie that had gigantism or something, so he was 60 lbs instead of the typical 25-30, so it looked like a Collie. Best damn dog I ever did meet.

My dog has been a great guard dog to my kids. That's a good enough reason for me.

R.I.P Jingle, I couldn't imagine losing a dog must be very tough I have dogs and there a ton of fun.
I hope this experience doesn't turn you off from having another dog in the future, sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear that, RIP Jingle.

I lost one of my pups about 2 years ago and i couldn't hold it together when the vet called and gave me the news. I still have the chihuahua that i got when i was 12, he's gone blind and is showing his age physically. Haven't been apart from him since i was a kid and when i am gone overnight i wonder what he's doing sometimes, that may sound weird but he's family.

RIP Jingle.

i am one of those crazy people who love their dog like a kid. i cant imagine how hard it will be when he passes away. my favorite day of the week is saturday because we just lounge outside from noon till sunset

19190868336_a40360db63_k.jpg

yeah, i got my first dog 2 years ago but then i joined the military. my mom told me he would sit in front of my room and just look out the window near the front door waiting for me to come home and i never did.

the thought of him dying kind of makes me not want to get another dog since they dont live that long and its just depressing when they die.

Sorry for your loss man. Also dont be one of those guys who don't cry because they think they need to be "strong." Let that shit out my man. No shame in crying over the loss of a loved one.

Also if you are planning on getting a new dog I suggest jumping on that sooner rather then later. Nothing helps heal the pain of the loss of your pet like loving on your new one. I only waited 2 weeks after I lost my last one and it helped sooooooo much.

Last edited:
yeah, i got my first dog 2 years ago but then i joined the military. my mom told me he would sit in front of my room and just look out the window near the front door waiting for me to come home and i never did.

Did you died bro?

Another sherdog ghost posting perhaps?

I was dating this chick last year and basically moved in with her for a few months while my roommates took care of my house and my dog and they told me he'd just follow them around all day long whining when I wasn't there.

Made me sad. Then the chick dumped me and I was pissed at myself for neglecting the poor little guy.

Back