Why Fedor is the UNDISPUTED GOAT

When Zuffa bought SF, Fedor ducked and made excuses.

Please stop with this bullshit myth. He couldn't find in the UFC as he was contracted elsewhere

Its like saying Alvarez 'ducked' the UFC because he ended up in Bellator, I'm sure Fedor would have fought anyone put in front of him, but there much more complexities when he had others he was contractually obliged to

Last edited:
While GSP has more ranked wins, he doesn't have nearly as close to as impressive of a finishing rate as Fedor or Anderson. That's a fact.
I suppose, but Mayweather has a very clinical style himself and a pretty crappy finishing rate beyond that, about 56%. Doesn't mean he's not great. When you fight elite competition as much as GSP did it's not easy to have such impressive finishing rates.

Regardless, GSP finished pretty much everyone when it counted. Sherk, Trigg, Hughes, all top-10 when he finished them and actually, Trigg and Hughes were both top-5.

I don't think GSP was really aware of how badly he could be hurt in a fight until he met Serra, which I feel is what probably led to the emergence of his later, more conservative style-- it seemed to me that he was more concerned with winning while also minimizing the potential amount of damage to himself than anything else.

I am so sick of people calling pro mma fighters cans. Does anyone even remember it is an offence to do so? Jebus everyone who posted on this board should be in yellow!

Im not trolling and I know Fedor huggers and gonna throw a tantrum, but Mir and Big Country would most likely beat Fedorin a cage. Actually, most top 10 HWs would beat Fedor in a cage or any fighter with decent grappling control would beat him in a cage.

GOAT in a ring though

Please stop with this bullshit myth

It's not really a myth, Fedor was offered one of the best contracts the UFC has ever given out and his management refused. Do you really think Strikeforce was a better offer, I don't but we may never know.

Anderson is definitely ahead of Fedor. Better comp, better stats, bigger accomplishments, better performances. GSP has a better resume but the lack of finishes puts him behind Fedor and Anderson imo.

Fedor definitely has more quality wins than Anderson. He also has fewer losses.

I suppose, but Mayweather has a very clinical style himself and a pretty crappy finishing rate beyond that, about 56%. Doesn't mean he's not great. When you fight elite competition as much as GSP did it's not easy to have such impressive finishing rates.

Regardless, GSP finished pretty much everyone when it counted. Sherk, Trigg, Hughes, all top-10 when he finished them and actually, Trigg and Hughes were both top-5.

I don't think GSP was really aware of how badly he could be hurt in a fight until he met Serra, which I feel is what probably led to the emergence of his later, more conservative style-- it seemed to me that he was more concerned with winning while also minimizing the potential amount of damage to himself than anything else.

Also he fought a lot of durable fighters in the latter part of his career, guys like Fitch Shields, Diaz and Condit.

Im not trolling and I know Fedor huggers and gonna throw a tantrum, but Mir and Big Country would most likely beat Fedorin a cage. Actually, most top 10 HWs would beat Fedor in a cage or any fighter with decent grappling control would beat him in a cage.
You're only saying that because he was almost 35 when he first fought in a cage.

In all seriousness, he would utterly besmirch both Frank Mir and Roy Nelson without very much trouble if they had the profound misfortune of stepping into the cage with him around 04-05.

Nelson couldn't land a bomb on Fedor from his back, and Mir would have been lit the fuck up and knocked out, maybe even submitted while he was rocked if Fedor wanted to make an example out of him. The only UFC HWs even worth talking about in the same breath as Fedor are Cain, JDS and Overeem but even even Reem and JDS's chances of beating Fedor are iffy at best. Cain would have a pretty real shot though I admit that, wrestling always seemed to be Fedor's weakness but he never fought a good wrestler who actually could defend submissions as well.
Doodies said:
Also he fought a lot of durable fighters in the latter part of his career, guys like Fitch Shields, Diaz and Condit.
Yep very true. Most of his detractors never bring that up. All those guys have really solid submission defense and iron chins to boot. Koscheck too, maybe he got KO'd by Paulo Thiago but he also ate bombs from Thiago Alves and Johny Hendricks.

It's not really a myth, Fedor was offered one of the best contracts the UFC has ever given out and his management refused. Do you really think Strikeforce was a better offer, I don't but we may never know.

Best? Most money, Yes, but the fact that there have been smaller less popular fighters who have refused UFC contracts say they don't always offer the best contracts.

lets just say that Fedor is the best ever in HW for now, Cain could surpass him soon after more successful defense.

Yes you don't know.... and regardless, he was under contract to his team. From 2007 was there ANY POINT was Fedor a free agent? No. Even if he WANTED to fight in the UFC, you think he could just WALK out and sign with Zuffa?

He'd be up to his nose in lawsuits faster than you can say Randy Couture.

So Fedor 'ducking' the UFC is as asinine and disingenuous. Its like saying Randy 'ducked' Fedor in Affliction because he ended up back in the UFC.

Businesses can't come to terms sometimes, deal with it. Attacking fighters who are aligned to those businesses to push a discrediting agenda is pathetic.

Former UFC HW Champions:
-Mark Coleman
-Kevin Randleman
-Tim Sylvia
-Andrei Arlovski
-Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira

Are these seriously fedors best wins???

tumblr_m8s0u9wzF31qg1lsq.gif

I rank Fedor at the top.

When it comes to him and Anderson there can be no disputing they both fought their primes in the #1 org's of their day.

That however is where the similarities stop. Fedor fought in the toughest division of his org where most of the top fighters in MMA fought and honed one another as they tried to earn a crack at him. Only Pride's lhw division was in contention with it at the time.

Anderson fought in the UFC's weakest division where none of the top fighters in the world fought (outside Hendo's brief drop). Only the UFC HW division was in contention with it at the time.

That matters and matters a lot.

Fighting former champs means nothing, fighting top ranked opponents means much more.

GSP and Anderson trump Fedor with ranked wins, which is the most important stat.

What!? Anderson fought ranked opponents? Ranked by who? He beat ONLY a few good people period. You fail to realize who owns the UFC and who their matchmaker is

25-2 with the most top 10 and top 5 ranked wins of any fighter.
And probably most wins against other ranked p4p at time of fight.

So Anderson's early losses outside the UFC don't count, but Fedor's late losses outside of PRIDE do?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back