Why Fedor is the UNDISPUTED GOAT

Forrest Griffin 3 fights before fighting Silva

forrest-griffin_shogun-rua.gif

4pefzf9.gif

picture.php

UFC92-GriffinXEvans-SupermanPunch.gif

UFC92_Griffin-Evans-3-ko.gif

(Yes he lost to Evans via tko, but Forrest looked great early, winning the first 2 rounds.

then....

Forrest vs Silva
tumblr_m5a73pZZJZ1ry1rm7o1_250.gif

The Forrest win for Silva gets too often discredited. Forrest was never elite, but for a period of time was definitely a top LHW, and good fighter that was tough and well rounded. He gave 3 top dogs at lhw fits before fighting Anderson (Rua, Rampage, Rashad) then Anderson treated him like a child and embarrassed him (bad moment for me).

Anderson made a RECENT lhw champ, and top 5 ranked LHW look like he never fought before.

Elite win IMO because it was in insanely impressive fashion over a good fighter.

(Please take note i have no bias towards GSP, Jones, Silva or Fedor that's just how i rank them, its subjective and all are legends, i think they are interchangeable tbh)

I'm sorry, but every one of Anderson Silva's light heavy fights were handpicked.

Don't you find it odd that the last two times Silva stepped up, were against Griffin and Bonnar?

forrest was a slow lhw, just like bonner(forrest was way better than bonner). if you thought he had anything for silva before that fight happened, i'm sorry

I'm not going to say i felt good about the fight going in, i didn't. I also never would have thought Anderson would treat him like that.

There were people picking Forrest also, even some pro fighters iirc.

Point is, Shogun, Rampage and Rashad all had a tough time with Forrest. All those fights were gritty and competitive, then look what Anderson did....

btw all 3 (Rua, Shad, Rampage) had speed and power advantages over Forrest as well....

GSP is the goat. Best resume in MMA. Avenged both his losses, convincingly. GSP fought more ranked opponents. GSP also fought more opponents that even the casual fan would recognize. His record wasn't perfect. He made mistakes. But he corrected them. Took his lumps, and improved his game.

Only a few men have beaten everyone they have ever faced, Gene Tunny, Rocky Marciano, Lennox Lewis, and Floyd Mayweather. Gene and Lennox lost fights too, but they came back and beat the man (or men) who vanquished them.

So you think Fedor is the best because he has the best wins?

GSP has more top 5 wins than Fedor and Anderson combined (I think)

so........

I would seriously question that...at least for Anderson. Off the top Anderson has 10 top 5 wins. And consider GSP has only 16 or 17 top 10 wins total there is no way he can have twice as many top 5 wins as Anderson.

I like and respect Fedor but why do you nuthuggers always have to tell us why he's without a doubt the GOAT? His work should speak for itself.

forrest was a slow lhw, just like bonner(forrest was way better than bonner). if you thought he had anything for silva before that fight happened, i'm sorry

There were a lot of people on Sherdog who thought Forrest would push Silva against the cage and get the fight to the ground, where he would have had the advantage due to his size.

Fedor.

Anderson is awesome but has the most sensitive and delusional fans. GSP is UFC GOAT as well as the very best r

GSP said that Silva is "still the greatest ever" after he lost to Weidman, essentially admitting that Anderson is better than him.

GSP said that Silva is "still the greatest ever" after he lost to Weidman, essentially admitting that Anderson is better than him.

Just because he's humble, doesn't mean you can take what he says as fact.

I'm not going to say i felt good about the fight going in, i didn't. I also never would have thought Anderson would treat him like that.

There were people picking Forrest also, even some pro fighters iirc.

Point is, Shogun, Rampage and Rashad all had a tough time with Forrest. All those fights were gritty and competitive, then look what Anderson did....

btw all 3 (Rua, Shad, Rampage) had speed and power advantages over Forrest as well....

yea i think i died a little inside when he got ko'd by shad. forrest was a beast, so i'll give silva some credit for that destruction

Who claims themselves to be the best ever? Besides Phil Baroni.

And Anderson said BJ is the GOAT, does that put GSP at Elder God GOAT level?

Has absolutely nothing to do with my post. That's fine though.
It absolutely does. You said I was downplaying Fedor. How was I downplaying Fedor by pointing out the irrelevance of aforesaid credentials in the context of an MMA bout?

Back