Why don't we see more fouls?

theincognito

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The refs always give at least one. When it is not going your way, why not throw a low kick or an eye poke so you can have a minute to adjust?

Cuz believe it or not the fighters aren't trying to foul. Fighting is more awkward than people usually admit.

It's actually hard not to foul when you fight.

The refs always give at least one. When it is not going your way, why not throw a low kick or an eye poke so you can have a minute to adjust?

Did you not see Uriah Faber's last fight?

That's EXACTLY what happened and it got him the lamest win I've ever seen. It was some Colton Smith level fouling.

Cuz believe it or not the fighters aren't trying to foul. Fighting is more awkward than people usually admit.

And these are the rules that should be enforced more than they are today.

So that fighters TRY TO AVOID doing them, instead of going "ops, I'm sorry that I left a finger nail on your eye/ball, my bad"

Lol I remember Kongo would always bring the pain with low blows and never get in trouble, some fighters take advantage of fouls while others don't.

That's EXACTLY what happened and it got him the lamest win I've ever seen. It was some Colton Smith level fouling.

I don't pay attention to Urijah Faber but if that's what happened then it was SMART

usually, but the benefits of winning a fight over something that can be brushed away as an accident are pretty big. Not saying they should or would, but its not a stretch to think many fighters, under panic, stress or being beaten up, might resort to that

because not all fighters are Jon Jones

If I was a fighter I would do it if I was really hurt or need a breath.

When people talk past events is it too much to ask to post the gif or the vid of it when it's readily/easily available

The fighters are not to blame, the blame belongs to the referees.

Mario completely fucked up the Faber/Rivera fight and the constant non-action on other fouls mean they will continue to happen.

Look how much the NFL cleaned up brutal hits on defenseless players just by calling them.

In other sports it doesn't matter if you were TRYING to commit the foul. If you did it, you get penalized. You'll never hear, "facemasking, accidental, warning issued."

Penalties that can get a point deducted should issue the deduction the first offense. Guarantee you'd see a lot fewer low blows, eye pokes, fence grabs, etc.

damn

i actually didn't catch that fight live, but i've heard some people say the poke doesn't look intentional in real time

It might have not been intentional, but if the UFC has refs start taking points for any and all eye pokes, intentional or not, then there will be a lot less of them.

Jesus, imagine if Jones finger blasts DC in the first round and the doctor has to stop the fight.

Back