Why don't punches to the back of the head ever get called as illegal?

I'm still mad about Bigfoot vs Cain too bro couldn't believe that shit

What I'm saying is that if you got hit again and again to the front of the head, there's much less chance of being seriously injured than to the back of the head since one single punch COULD do significant damage.

and if you get hit to the shoulder again and again theres less of a chance of being seriously injured! we should ban head strikes!

and if you get hit to the shoulder again and again theres less of a chance of being seriously injured! we should ban head strikes!

Into hyperbole much?

I don't even know what that's supposed to mean, because I'm not american

but continue hurling insults because you can't make a logical argument

Haha. My statements aren't logical? You're a funny man.

You must not understand English because I didn't backpedal once.

Here's a list of your assertions:

1) Punches to the back of the head are extremely common in MMA and referees dont do enough to stop it
2) Punches to the back of the head are extremely dangerous and often result in death

And yet, you refuse to even see that there's a massive inconsistency there. If shots to the back of the head are so common, and also so UNBELIEVABLY dangerous, how has there never been a death from it in the UFC?

yeah, they aren't. that's why you backpedalled every time you replied to me.

"In combat sports, the Rabbit Punch is a sharp blow to the back of the head or neck. It can cause extreme whiplash, breaking the cervical vertebrae, severing or damaging the spinal cord, and causing instant death, or paralysis. If the blow lands a little high, hitting the base of the skull, it can disconnect the brain stem, also causing death.

Boxers and wrestlers take special precautions to strengthen their neck muscles and avoid this type of injury. I highly recommend wrestlers’ bridges - front, back, and side to build up the neck and shoulder areas to prevent whiplash.

The Rabbit Punch is illegal in boxing, MMA, and most other combat sports because of its inherent danger. It still happens, however, frequently from a clinch, and sometimes accidentally when the target moves."

https://www.quora.com/How-dangerous-is-a-punch-to-the-back-of-the-neck

The main issue is that fighters offer and expose the back of the head expecting that the opponent will not hit there due to rules.

"In combat sports, the Rabbit Punch is a sharp blow to the back of the head or neck. It can cause extreme whiplash, breaking the cervical vertebrae, severing or damaging the spinal cord, and causing instant death, or paralysis. If the blow lands a little high, hitting the base of the skull, it can disconnect the brain stem, also causing death.

Boxers and wrestlers take special precautions to strengthen their neck muscles and avoid this type of injury. I highly recommend wrestlers’ bridges - front, back, and side to build up the neck and shoulder areas to prevent whiplash.

The Rabbit Punch is illegal in boxing, MMA, and most other combat sports because of its inherent danger. It still happens, however, frequently from a clinch, and sometimes accidentally when the target moves."

https://www.quora.com/How-dangerous-is-a-punch-to-the-back-of-the-neck

Name a time that it's happened in MMA. Because it's so common right?

Here's a list of your assertions:

1) Punches to the back of the head are extremely common in MMA and referees dont do enough to stop it
2) Punches to the back of the head are extremely dangerous and often result in death

And yet, you refuse to even see that there's a massive inconsistency there. If shots to the back of the head are so common, and also so UNBELIEVABLY dangerous, how has there never been a death from it in the UFC?

Are you stupid? Yes, no one does anything about it, but 100's aren't landed a fight. If it was legalized and as many punches landed to the back of the head as the front, I guarantee you there'd be some major injuries and death.

I keep on saying, and you're not getting it... you shouldn't play around with the back of the head.

Name a time that it's happened in MMA. Because it's so common right?

Again, you have a disconnect between occurring frequently (as in a few punches in a fight) as opposed to common which means landing as many punches to the back of the head as to the front of the head.

Are you stupid? Yes, no one does anything about it, but 100's aren't landed a fight. If it was legalized and as many punches landed to the back of the head as the front, I guarantee you there'd be some major injuries and death.

I keep on saying, and you're not getting it... you shouldn't play around with the back of the head.

"if it was legalized and as many punches landed to the back of the head as the front, i guarantee you there'd be some major injuries and death"

Your entire argument is that referees don't do anything to punish fighters who do it, so why the fuck does it matter if its technically illegal or not you retard? your argument has no consistency.

What I'm saying is that if you got hit again and again to the front of the head, there's much less chance of being seriously injured than to the back of the head since one single punch COULD do significant damage.
More people have died cutting weight then they have from a back of the head punch

"if it was legalized and as many punches landed to the back of the head as the front, i guarantee you there'd be some major injuries and death"

Your entire argument is that referees don't do anything to punish fighters who do it, so why the fuck does it matter if its technically illegal or not you retard? your argument has no consistency.

What?! I don't even understand what you're saying.

My entire argument has been consistent. You don't fuck with the back of the head... period. So, it should be called. This is what I've been saying the whole thread.

What?! I don't even understand what you're saying.

My entire argument has been consistent. You don't fuck with the back of the head... period. So, it should be called. This is what I've been saying the whole thread.

i know you don't understand. it's because you aren't very smart.

You're complaining that referees do NOTHING to stop fighters from throwing punches to the back of the head. And yet, somehow, you think it would be used more often if it wasn't against the rules. While also complaining that it happens constantly already as it is.

Back