Why don't punches to the back of the head ever get called as illegal?

rj144

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
In nearly every event, there's usually one or more fights where punches or elbows are CLEARLY landed to the back of the head. Yet, it never gets called. In fact, I have never seen it called once.

What gives? Those are dangerous... that's why they are supposedly banned. They're near the spine and brain stem.

You've never seen it called once?

Really?

Ask herbed dean: he let hendong unload on fyodor like he was putting out a fire.

its a stupid fucking rule. If you don't want the back of your head punched, fucking protect it.

its a stupid fucking rule. If you don't want the back of your head punched, fucking protect it.

To protect your face, you put your hands up. How do you easily defend the back of your head?

Never seen it called? Ask Bork laser.

To protect your face, you put your hands up. How do you easily defend the back of your head?

how about not letting them see the back of your head? if you're dumb enough to get yourself in that position, cover it with your hands and fucking scramble.

All these rules to baby fighters are retarded because they never get enforced because they're unrealistic. If you give somebody back mount or back side guess what, you deserve to get punched in the back of the fucking head.

how about not letting them see the back of your head? if you're dumb enough to get yourself in that position, cover it with your hands and fucking scramble.

All these rules to baby fighters are retarded because they never get enforced because they're unrealistic. If you give somebody back mount or back side guess what, you deserve to get punched in the back of the fucking head.

It's not legal in any combat sport. If your brain stem is disconnected, it's instant death.

If you move your head into the punch, it's not illegal. Unless someone is turtled up, they are moving their head.

Rarely are back of the head strikes actually an applicable foul.

It's not legal in any combat sport. If your brain stem is disconnected, it's instant death.

it happens literally all the fucking time in the UFC, because as you said, the refs don't do shit about it

how many fighters have died?

When was the last time you saw it called?

Maybe not for a while but I don't watch all the fights.

I know Bonnar and Lauzon had points taken for it. I'm sure it's had to happen more recently

Erick Silva was set back on his road to stardom due to controversial strikes to the back of the head on Prater.

In nearly every event, there's usually one or more fights where punches or elbows are CLEARLY landed to the back of the head. Yet, it never gets called. In fact, I have never seen it called once.

What gives? Those are dangerous... that's why they are supposedly banned. They're near the spine and brain stem.

MMA refs are some of the dumbest people you will ever see. They are quick to stop fights and give an average of 6+ warnings per fight while never taking a point away.

it happens literally all the fucking time in the UFC, because as you said, the refs don't do shit about it

how many fighters have died?

What I'm saying is that if you got hit again and again to the front of the head, there's much less chance of being seriously injured than to the back of the head since one single punch COULD do significant damage.

Back