Why don't punches to the back of the head ever get called as illegal?

i know you don't understand. it's because you aren't very smart.

You're complaining that referees do NOTHING to stop fighters from throwing punches to the back of the head. And yet, somehow, you think it would be used more often if it wasn't against the rules. While also complaining that it happens constantly already as it is.

WTF are you even talking about?

I didn't watch it

Well, it was a poorly thrown punch and MMA strikers could throw a better one. Watch literally two seconds of that video and you'll see only the punch and nothing else. It's time stamped.

Well, it was a poorly thrown punch and MMA strikers could throw a better one.
Did you know Randy Johnson threw a pitch in a baseball game. A bird flew in front of the pitch and the ball hit it and the bird exploded on impact. Guess what, nobodies requiring baseball be played indoors now. Why? Because it was a freak accident

Did you know Randy Johnson threw a pitch in a baseball game. A bird flew in front of the pitch and the ball hit it and the bird exploded on impact. Guess what, nobodies requiring baseball be played indoors now. Why? Because it was a freak accident

What is up with people in this thread? You throw a single punch to the face, there's virtually no chance of killing someone. You throw a single punch to the back of the head, there's a significantly higher chance of killing someone.

When people fall on the sidewalk or something, if they die, it's almost always due to them hitting the back of their head, not the front.

What is up with people in this thread? You throw a single punch to the face, there's virtually no chance of killing someone. You throw a single punch to the back of the head, there's a significantly higher chance of killing someone.

When people fall on the sidewalk or something, if they die, it's almost always due to them hitting the back of their head, not the front.
So now you want people to stop walking on the sidewalk?

So now you want people to stop walking on the sidewalk?

Read the link I just posted.

And... for fuck's sake. Is every rabbit punch going to maim and kill? No. But, the point is the rules are trying to make it is safe as possible.

Do you need your seat belt every time you drive? No. But you'll be glad you're wearing it when you get in a wreck.

Erick Silva was set back on his road to stardom due to controversial strikes to the back of the head on Prater.
Yeah it sucks. But he still young and has plenty of time to not let that set him back too far.

The area that's considered "back of the head" is probably a lot smaller than you think. I believe Big John described it as Chuck's mohawk

I'd rather groin strikes to be legal. It's bad enough refs rarely make a call on make of the head strikes.

Back