Why don't people mention Max's feather fists?

Gracious Warrior

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I'm curious as to why I don't often see criticism about Max Holloway being feather fisted?

People always used to give shit to fighters like Bisping and prime Frankie because they will pile up big striking numbers but rarely KO or even hurt guys standing.

But Max is worse than these guys.

In the Ortega and Kattar fights he piled on crazy striking stats but couldn't put these guys on their ass let alone KO them. He gave both those guys 3 fights worth of CTE yet they were still standing . Crazy!!! That's the definition of feather fisted and it should be a clear part of Max's reputation as a fighter: great cardio, accurate striker, good tdd, awesome chin, lots of heart, and feather fisted.

You would pass away from one of those feathers so uhhhh....yeah.

Because he's aggressive and has a give and take fighting style. The other fighters mentioned are extremely defensive.

I like watching him pepper up his opponent's face with those pillow fists. It looks humiliating and that is funny.

Everyone did post the Kattar fight! Were you in hibernation TS?

I think everyone knows Max can’t bust a grape, but he makes up for it with volume and an exciting fighting style.

This is a weird fucking thread. Why is this important to you? Max fucks people up. And he has quite a number of finishes for “feather fists”

Even when he doesn't put guys away the fights are extremely brutal (Ortega and Kattar). He's also very honest about his lack of power and doesn't get all offended when people mention it.

The only reason Max's last fight wasn't a finish is because Kattar is a maniac and his corner, the doctor and the ref failed him. That fight could have been stopped a few times. Doctor stoppages are still TKOs, guys.

And despite all this...

People constantly shit on Max for his lack of power.

I like watching him pepper up his opponent's face with those pillow fists. It looks humiliating and that is funny.
It’s more humiliating then just a KO, because they can be flukey. Max literally beats the shit out of people for 30 minutes. If there wasn’t a time limit in the Poitier fight, Max wins IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back