Why don't people mention Max's feather fists?

I'm curious as to why I don't often see criticism about Max Holloway being feather fisted?

People always used to give shit to fighters like Bisping and prime Frankie because they will pile up big striking numbers but rarely KO or even hurt guys standing.

But Max is worse than these guys.

In the Ortega and Kattar fights he piled on crazy striking stats but couldn't put these guys on their ass let alone KO them. He gave both those guys 3 fights worth of CTE yet they were still standing . Crazy!!! That's the definition of feather fisted and it should be a clear part of Max's reputation as a fighter: great cardio, accurate striker, good tdd, awesome chin, lots of heart, and feather fisted.

There's a good reason why people don't mention them - because he doesn't have feather fists.

Just because a guy isn't a one-punch KO artist, doesn't mean he has feather fists.

Ortega and Kattar have unreal chins.

Lots of people mention it, but he still gets TKOs because of his volume and aggressiveness. He breaks a lot of fighters and only the tougher ones will not break and take the beating instead of folding. Max looks to try and finish, the others don't, that's the difference in the way they are viewed.

Because luckily the fans are getting better and appreciate technical mastery over two guys playing rock em sock em robots in the center of the octagon, until the guy with the "power" wins.

You guys infatuated with power should just watch Leben vs Wand on replay, that's what you guys like.

Because luckily the fans are getting better and appreciate technical mastery over two guys playing rock em sock em robots in the center of the octagon, until the guy with the "power" wins.

You guys infatuated with power should just watch Leben vs Wand on replay, that's what you guys like.

The better the fighter, the harder it is to get a finish. Max has been fighting at the top for a long time and he is still getting finishes.

I'm curious as to why I don't often see criticism about Max Holloway being feather fisted?

People always used to give shit to fighters like Bisping and prime Frankie because they will pile up big striking numbers but rarely KO or even hurt guys standing.

In the Ortega and Kattar fights he piled on crazy striking stats but couldn't put these guys on their ass let alone KO them. He gave both those guys 3 fights worth of CTE yet they were still standing . Crazy!!! That's the definition of feather fisted and it should be a clear part of Max's reputation as a fighter: great cardio, accurate striker, good tdd, awesome chin, lots of heart, and feather fisted.

His fights are more exciting than Frankie Edgar's even with his lack of power. He brutalizes fighters over 5 rounds whereas Edgar doesn't.

He does… they do.
Thread title is wrong.

Who cares how hard he hits? Power is only one weapon out of many. What matters is he beats the dogshit out of people, does it with style, and is one of the best to ever do it. Besides, the kind of beating he put on Ortega and Kattar is some of the scariest shit I've seen in recent years. He turns guys into walking vegetables.

Yeah frankie and bisping might have one or two notable finishes against chinny guys.

Max isnt comparable.

First few replies were spot on. /thread

Who the fuck cares if he got pillow fists?

Finishing a fight by attrition or concussion leads to a finish all the same.

People do, but he hits hard enough especially for how much volume he throws that he has a good TKO ratio so it's not a big deal to most people.

Holloway can plant his feet and bang. He used to do it a little more. He prefers to be technical now and usually has no reason to swing for the fences.

Unlike Bisping and Edgar (who had some great striking performances of their own), Max has a sadistic side to him that's visible to even the casualest of viewers. He's out to beat the fuck out of people until they can't take anymore, and to win every exchange. Not to score points.

You can't have it all. If Max had serious KO power it wouldn't be fair...

<WhatItIs>

I love the swarming style, it's actually pretty intense to see a fighter being slowly worn down from catching hundreds of 'softer' punches.

Back