Why does the UFC want Cain to be champ again? - What's the benefit to them?

Mexican market. Same reason they want Conor and Gus as champs.
They already have the NA and Brazilian attention via big names and champions.

You waited all that time and broke the silence to write about C-level Cain?

Lesnar-Cena-SummerSlam-gifs-001_001.gif

What do you care how long it's been since I've posted. Actually for a good year or 2 I never visited the boards. So I didn't wait for anything. Just wanted to point out that I think people are being a little tough on the guy. And C-Level Cain? You truly believe that Cain is a C-level fighter? If so then never mind I won't even bother talking with you anymore cause then we clearly have completely different opinions. Granted I'm not sure Cain is an A+ fighter but dammit man a C?

Yeah I'm not thrilled about the rematch. Would rather see Werdum vs Stipe. Werdum vs JDS, Reem, anyone. The fight wasn't close. I'm pretty tired of the UFC always giving rematches whenever a champ loses. If a champ loses decisively, let's move on. Jeez.

What do you care how long it's been since I've posted. Actually for a good year or 2 I never visited the boards. So I didn't wait for anything. Just wanted to point out that I think people are being a little tough on the guy. And C-Level Cain? You truly believe that Cain is a C-level fighter? If so then never mind I won't even bother talking with you anymore cause then we clearly have completely different opinions. Granted I'm not sure Cain is an A+ fighter but dammit man a C?

yUTgE5R.jpg

NOT C LEVEL

SEA LEVEL

PUN

Yeah I'm not thrilled about the rematch. Would rather see Werdum vs Stipe. Werdum vs JDS, Reem, anyone. The fight wasn't close. I'm pretty tired of the UFC always giving rematches whenever a champ loses. If a champ loses decisively, let's move on. Jeez.

Now that I agree with! cain needs a fight or 2 to get back the ring rust off. But I'm not sure anyone else deserves a title shot more. Maybe Stipe. I would love to see that fight. Does anyone think Arlovski gets a shot if he beats Frank Mir?

here is my theory

fedor talks with dana

fedor wants werdum

dana doesn't want fedor to have an immediate title shot

dana sets up the rematch between cain and werdum

werdum loses

there you go, rematch between fedor and werdum

PerhapsPeterGriffin.jpg

Cain fucked everything up. First he beats the UFC's best draw Brock Lesnar, and ruins his career after knocking out a seemingly great stylistic match up for Lesnar (a fading Big Nog), then took that title he won and didn't fight until his shoulder felt better, then on the most viewed UFC fight of all time he couldn't stay awake for more then 64 seconds, and then destroyed JDS in the rematch, then destroys him again, clogging the division from growing for like 2 years, then gets injured again holding up the division longer, then the UFC puts everything on him going to Mexico, he spent his whole career talking about Brown Pride, then shows up, can't breath and gets choked out and ruined the UFC's "Cardio Cain" marketing in the process.

So in his time in the UFC he has ruined:
Brock Lesnar Cash Cow
First FOX fight
Junior Dos Santos Contender-ship
The Momentum of the Heavyweight Division
And UFC's hopes for big things in Mexico

I guess the Mexican demographic has to be the reason.

The thing is though, it doesn't matter what country he's from if he doesn't even fight. I don't think he's gonna start getting fewer injuries and/or fighting more often suddenly at 33 years old. Not that 33 is old for the HW division, but it isn't young either.

Meanwhile, Cigano is popular in Brazil, Arlovski has star quality and some name recognition, and Mir is a big name who's been on lots of big PPV's and is known for his Brock fights. And all those fighters would arguably have a better chance of beating Werdum than they would of beating Cain. You'd think they'd want to capitalize on that.

Don't worry; he'll probably get injured and be pulled out of the fight anyways.

Most long term champs get a rematch(even if he was injured most of that time).

Mexican $$$$

I think they just realize it was a mistake holding that fight at mountain elevation.

I have a feeling Cain is going to wreck Werdum in the rematch.

you mixed up werdum and JDS once or twice there, but i agree.

yeah...UFC on Fox 1 was Cain vs JDS.

tumblr_mujdr6G0Ki1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

Cain fucked everything up. First he beats the UFC's best draw Brock Lesnar, and ruins his career after knocking out a seemingly great stylistic match up for Lesnar (a fading Big Nog), then took that title he won and didn't fight until his shoulder felt better, then on the most viewed UFC fight of all time he couldn't stay awake for more then 64 seconds, and then destroyed JDS in the rematch, then destroys him again, clogging the division from growing for like 2 years, then gets injured again holding up the division longer, then the UFC puts everything on him going to Mexico, he spent his whole career talking about Brown Pride, then shows up, can't breath and gets choked out and ruined the UFC's "Cardio Cain" marketing in the process.

Brock Lesnar Cash Cow
First FOX fight

wow...pretty much sums it up there. great post.

Cain was the WORST HW champ EVER?!!! REALLY!!!

People must forget Tim Sylvia. Not that he was a bad guy & I'm not sure why, but I just hated Tim Sylvia & when he beat Arlovski in their 2nd match I was so disappointed!!! I've always loved Arlovski and definitely would love to see him get another HW title shot/run! But back to Cain, admittedly he's not thee most charismatic cat around but he's a good guy & except for the Werdum loss, he's been a beast (loss to JDS was just a crazy once in a career loss, also see GSP vs. Serra) I don't know, I just think Cain is better as champ then Werdum! That being said, WAR ARLOVSKI!!!

You must have forgotten that Tim has the most Heavyweight title defenses in UFC history. He couldn't possibly be the worst champion of all time with literally the one thing that defines a great champion.

Brock Lesnar Cash Cow
First FOX fight

It was beautiful watching Werdum outclass & destroy Cain.
Even better than the JDS fight.

Cain has proven to be a bit of a choke artist with the fox thing then the Mexico incident.

Keeps a shallow division seemingly stacked by never fighting any contenders

Back