Why does the UFC want Cain to be champ again? - What's the benefit to them?

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
As the headline states, why does the UFC want Cain to be HW champ again? What's the benefit to the UFC?

Cain was a horrible champ:

- He was continually injured and couldn't fight for so long that an interim champ had to be crowned.

- He wasn't popular. He isn't pulling fans like Rousey or Lesnar did. He just didn't have much of a personality.

- He disagrees with the boss....when the boss is right. Dana White stated that the reason Cain keeps getting injured is because of his not intelligent workouts which have proven to be dangerous and obviously costly to Cain and the UFC. Dana told Cain he needs to stop these stupid workouts if he wants to stay healthy, Cain said he'll continue to do them.

- Cain lost when Dana was counting on him to win.

Dana wanted Cain to crush Werdum at the 1st Fox fight. Cain quickly lost and was embarrassed.

Dana wanted Cain to win big in front of the Mexican fans in his first fight with Werdum. Cain was embarrassed again and submitted.

- Cain only fought the same 2 fighters for all of his title defenses, and when he fought someone different, he lost.

Sorry, you can only fight Bigfoot and Werdum about 1,000 times before people will stop watching you fight.

I have no doubt that a healthy Cain with no ring rust and not at a high altitude will quickly dispatch Werdum within 3 rounds in their rematch.

I believe that Dana knows that also and wants Cain to be champ again.

Why the hell would Dana want Cain to be champ again?????

Werdum is all of the things that Cain isn't.

he can always say that he single handily destroyed the hw division.

by not fighting

the mexican market just eats him up
it's all about those $$$

Uh , who says they want him to be Champ? Usually the former champ will get a rematch almost right away. It's standard procedure man.

Cain was the WORST HW champ EVER?!!! REALLY!!!

People must forget Tim Sylvia. Not that he was a bad guy & I'm not sure why, but I just hated Tim Sylvia & when he beat Arlovski in their 2nd match I was so disappointed!!! I've always loved Arlovski and definitely would love to see him get another HW title shot/run! But back to Cain, admittedly he's not thee most charismatic cat around but he's a good guy & except for the Werdum loss, he's been a beast (loss to JDS was just a crazy once in a career loss, also see GSP vs. Serra) I don't know, I just think Cain is better as champ then Werdum! That being said, WAR ARLOVSKI!!!

you mixed up werdum and JDS once or twice there, but i agree.

Uh , who says they want him to be Champ? Usually the former champ will get a rematch almost right away. It's standard procedure man.

You should have seen how pissed Dana was at the Werdum vs Cain post fight press. He was clearly disappointed that Cain had just lost.

Cain was the WORST HW champ EVER?!!! REALLY!!!

People must forget Tim Sylvia. Not that he was a bad guy & I'm not sure why, but I just hated Tim Sylvia & when he beat Arlovski in their 2nd match I was so disappointed!!! I've always loved Arlovski and definitely would love to see him get another HW title shot/run! But back to Cain, admittedly he's not thee most charismatic cat around but he's a good guy & except for the Werdum loss, he's been a beast (loss to JDS was just a crazy once in a career loss, also see GSP vs. Serra) I don't know, I just think Cain is better as champ then Werdum! That being said, WAR ARLOVSKI!!!

You waited all that time and broke the silence to write about C-level Cain?

Lesnar-Cena-SummerSlam-gifs-001_001.gif

Cain does not deserve an immidiate rematch. This is just bizzare, even if it is the most profitable match up to make this is compromising the integrity of the sport.

you mixed up werdum and JDS once or twice there, but i agree.

Actually I don't think I mixed them up at all. I may have stated it wrong, but I was trying to say that he was still a beast in his loss to JDS, he just got caught. The Werdum loss is the only fight where he was beaten & beaten soundly. Oh & I also forgot to mention that except for 2 decision wins Cain finishes fights!!!

Pretty fuckin stupid thread title. If you need this to be explained to you, then I'd advise you to never attempt to open or run any type of business.

If he's a long defending champ with a long title reign against many opponents.

Both things that Cain wasn't.

Fighting 2 guys 5 times doesn't really set up a great legacy.

Back