Why does the UFC hate Chad Mendes?

Hate? How many named fighter do you think there are in his weight class? Besides if he gets another ko it will be hard to deny him a second shot at aldo

He's KO'd 2 nobodies! Jesus Christ, he KO'd Bendo's teammate who wasn't any good, and he KO'd Cody "one trick pony" McKenzie, he didn't KO Poirier, Lamas, Koch, or KZ. There are people in front of Mendes in the line to the title and 2 nothing KO's doesn't get him any closer, he needs to wait his turn.

I feel like the UFC isn't doing this guy any favors with the guys he's being matched up against. It wasn't that long ago that he was fighting the champ, to this day his only loss. Granted he got knocked the F out, but Mendes hasn't had a name opponent since.

Cody McKenzie's a fun character but is nowhere near Mendes' level. After Mendes handles him, he gets matched up with Hacran Dias who's got a good record but is a relative unknown to most fans. When Dias got hurt, he instead got Yaotzin Meza (who/??). Now he's going up against Gamburyan who's 1-3 in his last 4.

What is the UFC planning with this guy? He's ranked #2 in the division on a couple sites, why isn't he getting name opponents?

I too have been paying attention to the way they've been handling Chad but I draw the exact opposite conclusion. I feel that they are matching him up with opponents he should beat and therefore grooming him for a 2nd shot. Yeah he smashed Cody, smashed a poor guy making his debut (against the previous title challenger coming off a win), and now freaking Manvil? No reason that Mendez shouldn't be a heavy favorite in this fight. Then I figure his next fight will be for number one contender.

He's KO'd 2 nobodies! Jesus Christ, he KO'd Bendo's teammate who wasn't any good, and he KO'd Cody "one trick pony" McKenzie, he didn't KO Poirier, Lamas, Koch, or KZ. There are people in front of Mendes in the line to the title and 2 nothing KO's doesn't get him any closer, he needs to wait his turn.

HEY!! that guy in that bar that he sucker punch KOed wasn't a nobody!!

I feel like the UFC isn't doing this guy any favors with the guys he's being matched up against. It wasn't that long ago that he was fighting the champ, to this day his only loss. Granted he got knocked the F out, but Mendes hasn't had a name opponent since.

Cody McKenzie's a fun character but is nowhere near Mendes' level. After Mendes handles him, he gets matched up with Hacran Dias who's got a good record but is a relative unknown to most fans. When Dias got hurt, he instead got Yaotzin Meza (who/??). Now he's going up against Gamburyan who's 1-3 in his last 4.

What is the UFC planning with this guy? He's ranked #2 in the division on a couple sites, why isn't he getting name opponents?

No I think its the opposite- they are trying to make him look good and I guess its working. Theres not many to fight in that division, but if he had some struggles and was tested or beaten the next Aldo fight wouldnt have much hype- but hes knocking people out for a change and will actually have a decentish highlight reel sorta- backflips and Kos is what people really want to see.

Mendes got trounced by Aldo, but he's capable of beating the other contenders in the division. I assume they don't want him to spoil the title runs of guys like KZ and whatnot.

Which top 10 fighters has Chad Mendes beat?

Swanson and Koch were over 2 years ago and they both were nothing compared to they are now.

He's a prizefighter.
Mendes is getting paid, getting subpar opposition to style on and gets time to hone his skills.
Que?

Which top 10 fighters has Chad Mendes beat?

Swanson and Koch were over 2 years ago and they both were nothing compared to they are now.

Cub Swanson is the exact same fighter he was 2 years ago. He just has fought strikers in his recent fights.

It's not a coincidence that Swanson last fight against a grappler he once again got dominated. If he fought Mendes he'd get dominated once again.

It's kind of funny how a fighter will get 3 or 4 favorable style match ups(like Matt Brown or Cub Swanson) and then people will convince themselves they've improved, and dramatically, when they've shown nothing of the sort.

Dude,he lost ot the champ. After that ye get knocked back a wee bit,regardless of the division,less it be a tight fight.

So the brass link him up with Cody,an akward stlyed fighter to see how he(Chad)does;he does well,very. After that his original opponent;Dias has to pull out so they link him with someone who's eligible to fight,that shit all comes down to timing,and they get a fighter in Meza. Can't hold anything against anyone for that. Dude showed up(Yoa'). Mendes came out of that fight unscathed and injury free so he's good to go(fight) sooner rather than later,and now we have him and Manny.

He's taking about 2 to 2 and half months prep time for the fight,regardless of Manny's record. You need that kind of training. You dont do it,you fuck up and your even lower ranked than you were.

Zuffa aint holding him back or feeding him him below par fighters,its the diversity of the division that he's running through. He'll be back to the number one conter in time.

I think you are looking at the situation the wrong way. The way i see it they are lobbing the guy nothing but fastballs high and away when he knows the pitch is coming. So he hits a few homeruns, makes big money, and then when the time comes around for another crack at the title the UFC can sell him as some undefeated fighter who just got caught by the champ. Win win, Chad makes money, the UFC gets the justify another title shot with Rogan and Goldie saying things like "he is 5-0 since his title shot with 3 first round stoppages, he has earned another shot" so casual fans will buy the card.

If you get a string of fights that could potentially make you look good, I can't fathom how that would be considered them hating the guy. In the UFC, there isn't much of a chance to face lesser opponents. Guy makes good money with little threat.

Don't worry TS

I think they're trying to keep him happy by giving him regular match ups against tough but winnable fighters

If Edgar wins and they don't give Aldo a rematch, it's Mendes's

I think that the reason he is getting this easy of matchups is because they know he is probably going to beat anybody they throw infront of him besides Aldo. And if he earns another title shot it won't be very marketable for a while.

They're building up a highlight reel for him. Way more marketable....which if you haven't noticed that's UFC's thing lately.

Cub Swanson is the exact same fighter he was 2 years ago. He just has fought strikers in his recent fights.

It's not a coincidence that Swanson last fight against a grappler he once again got dominated. If he fought Mendes he'd get dominated once again.

It's kind of funny how a fighter will get 3 or 4 favorable style match ups(like Matt Brown or Cub Swanson) and then people will convince themselves they've improved, and dramatically, when they've shown nothing of the sort.

If you watch all of Cub's fights since the Mendes fight you will notice a LOT of changes, if you don't then i don't know what to tell you.

Mendes shouldn't even be in the top 5, he's beaten easy opponents and no top 10's.

KZ has shown to be leaps and bounds ahead of Mendes skillwise since his first first with Garcia and his stupid KO loss to Roop, especially after KOing Hominick and Submitting Poirier.

Lamas has been beating the odds consistently with wins over Swanson and Hioki, and he's always improving.

Koch has walked through 3 tough and 1 easy opponents since his loss to Mendes.

Even Swanson has been beating tough competition and he gets a another tough test in Siver (but you'll probably say thats a fight tailor made for him)

Mendes has beaten who? Has Mendes shown anything that makes you think a rematch with Aldo would go differently? Oh yeah he KO'd 2 nothing fighters...

Gamburyan might not be quite top 10 anymore, but he's a name opponent. Hacran Dias was a tought fight too. Yuri Alcantara was right outside the top 10 and Dias whooped him.

Also he's overly cocky even saying Aldo's knee was a lucky one.

I say it too. Aldo couldn't even see Mendes when he threw it. It was a Hail Mary at the end of the round. Could have just as easily missed as landed.

if they hated him they would give him more guys like hecran dias, who are very difficult and dont do all that much to his already high (didnt say he didnt deserve it) ranking. they just dont exactly need him to be near title fight territory as he already had his shot. he needs to reclimb the ladder as his moment came and went. hes not big enough a cash cow to give another title shot either.

Hacran Dias was a very suitable fight for mendes, all the other top 10 guys were busy.

I dont understand whyt hey didnt just but the hacran fight back together again, manny is a step backwards.

Back